THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's everyone reading now?

Sex
    Male
    I'm reading a series of books titled Boudica, 4 books, I've read Dreaming the Eagle, Dreaming the Bull and I'm on dreaming the hound. The author has done a very good job of trying to recreate a celtic/Briton society and has put a very interesting perspective on druids making them human. The author is a good crime writer normally but is interested in Shamanism to which adds even more perspective on the druids
    Great books, READ THEM!

Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by PeacePiper
    I'm reading a series of books titled Boudica, 4 books, I've read Dreaming the Eagle, Dreaming the Bull and I'm on dreaming the hound. The author has done a very good job of trying to recreate a celtic/Briton society and has put a very interesting perspective on druids making them human. The author is a good crime writer normally but is interested in Shamanism to which adds even more perspective on the druids
    Great books, READ THEM!
    did you know that the station kings cross st pancreas was built on a ancient grave site whre Boudica was apparently buried....
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    its a horrible statoin with a horrible vibe anyway
    someone shot nostalgia in the back, someone shot our innocence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The World's Tallest Dwarf
    Sex
    Male
    Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons

Each of the substories is frightningly disturbing on it's own. But together it makes for an amazing read!

I read it every year or so, never get bored of it.
    :insane:

Sex
    Female
    Wuthering Heights...

Well...I Have to Read it Atleast 3 Times Before the End of May When Exams Start...Kinda Half Way Through it...

I Find it Particuarly Mellow Dramatic...The Characters are so Exagerated I Cringe...

There is Not One Character Who I Like...Bleugh...

There is so Much Violence Also...And Death...

But it's an OK Read I Guess...Rather Haunting...

Like a Dream...

Like the Moors Represent a Dream State...Another Realm...Hmm...*makes Notes*

Beautiful Language...Apart From Joseph...However I Do Kinda Understand What He's Saying...If I Slow my Reading Pace Down...

Cathy's and Heathcliffs' Love For One Another is Breath taking...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Purplemist

Sex
    Female
    just bought a copy of War Of The Worlds by H.G Wells for my son
    He can't read my copy as it is full of post it notes for my dissertation
    ...I'll read a chapter a night to him before bedtime in my best Richard Burton Voice ( he narrated the Jeff Wayne musical version for all you non sci-fi fans )...

" No one would have believed ,in the last years of the nineteenth century,that this world was being watched.... "
    Scarlett-I can't tell them the truth:they'll panic and think it's witchcraft

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by PeacePiper
    Great books, READ THEM!
    I read those just before Christmas, great aren't they!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

A
    no-one can replace Richard Burton!!!!

Just Started reading The Snare by Katherine Kerr.

Sex
    Female
    Oh, what a shame! I'd pictured her as someone a bit more laid back, someone you might meet here on the forum. Another illusion shattered
    LOL at count casual

I've known people get an article printed in Pagan Dawn and they act like they're the incarnation of shakespeare
    ...as for Marion Green being snooty...wait till you meet the Kaos Magickians and Thelemites:harhar:
    Scarlett-I can't tell them the truth:they'll panic and think it's witchcraft

Sex
    Male
    Right now Im into The Jerry Garcia biography,Theres alot I didnt know about him... Aso Architects of Peace...Thich Nhat Hanh ,All of his writings help me.....

Sex
    Male
    Tribebook Silverfangs for Werewolf: The Apocalypse (yay for RPG geekdom!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

earth lover
    Sex
    Male
    im reading forthe 20th time jack kerouac on the road my fav book ever and after that ill treat meself to bill burroughs junkie again........this way ill know ill enjoy the books lol

Rae Beth's Resurection and the Dark Mother. I was with her right up to the point when I realised most of the book is about her 'past life memory' of being a priestess in Atlantis and tells you virtually nothing about resurection. Oh well at least its from the library.
    Also reading Talking, a collection of quotes by Mr Manson. He actually says some good stuff but I feel his take on religion a bit odd and that he is more sad (ie unhappy not pathetic) than bad. Not sure he is anti everything and desparately needs to be hedonistic as a positive choice. I wonder if he is just so unhappy he uses attack as a form of defence. I read somewhere that he went through stages of self harm and cannot separate his stage persona from reality. Sad because it is so self destructive in a guy that actually has a brain and something to say (not that I always agree with what he says) which is unusual for a rockstar.
    Reality is not unchangable fact
    It is simply group perception. (Rook 2006)

living among friends in the twilight western lands of eire
    Sex
    Female
    My witchy stuff was very influenced by Starhawk's 'Spiral Dance' and 'Dreaming the Dark'. A few months ago a friend called to ask if I wanted to join a few people to do a ritual on the beach with Starhawk. Of course, I did. There were only 13 of us (!) and it was very loose and unplanned. I was like a gob-smacked fan, but she turned out to be unassuming, charming and gentle. She's now a full-on activist at global summits etc. An amazing and inspiring pagan leader.

For a brilliant read try: Poisonwood Bible by Barbra Kingsolver. She's a really wonderful writer, with characters you can't help but love.

Sex
    Female
    Am currently reading Sarah Waters new book 'The Night Watch'. Have just finished Maya Anjelous 'All Gods Children Need Travelling Shoes' and so am about to start her next one 'Gather Together in my Name'

Sex
    Male
    I am currently reading Josh's diary

Somewhere in a state of just consciouness!
    Sex
    Female
    I'm currently reading 'Sickened' by Julie Gregory. Its a very harrowing story about a mother with Munchausen by Proxy
    Sea Cucumbers Will kill Us All.....

Sex
    Male
    Terry Pratchett - Thud...An awsume book. Most his storys are actually just a fantasised up version of real event's, you can make connections with quite alot of them if you think about it.
    "A good solution to a problem that should never have occurred"

Sex
    Male
    Thomas Pynchon - The Crying of Lot 49.

Bizarre..

Just away to start 'The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo' by Oscar Zeta Acosta. Hes the guy the attorney is based on in fear and loathing in las Vegas. Supposedly he vanished in mysterious circumstances, and is presumed dead!

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Rook
    Rae Beth's Resurection and the Dark Mother. I was with her right up to the point when I realised most of the book is about her 'past life memory' of being a priestess in Atlantis and tells you virtually nothing about resurection. Oh well at least its from the library.
    Also reading Talking, a collection of quotes by Mr Manson. He actually says some good stuff but I feel his take on religion a bit odd and that he is more sad (ie unhappy not pathetic) than bad. Not sure he is anti everything and desparately needs to be hedonistic as a positive choice. I wonder if he is just so unhappy he uses attack as a form of defence. I read somewhere that he went through stages of self harm and cannot separate his stage persona from reality. Sad because it is so self destructive in a guy that actually has a brain and something to say (not that I always agree with what he says) which is unusual for a rockstar.
    I read his autobiography a couple of years back... The Long Hard Road Out of Hell or something similar... interesting reading...

Fly...

Sex
    Male
    Iv just finished "angels & Deamons" by Dan Brown.
    Has anyone notesed that his books are VERY similar?

Now reading "Wizzard and Galss" by Stephen King, as part of Dark Tower. Tis Good!
    And........ Pow!

Sex
    Female
    I'm now reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac and I'm racing through it. The language and style is just fantastic...

Female
    Ive just brought (new) my first book in years...tiz called beyond 2012 anyone read it or heard of it...my friend was chatting about it the other day & i just felt the need to part with the cash & get it....

Wow! Wotsit about?
    "Don't wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."