THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 127 128 129 130 131
Results 3,121 to 3,133 of 3133

Thread: What's everyone reading now?

The Caliphs And Their Non Muslim Subjects- a critical study of the covenant of Umar by A. S . Tritton

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Something maybe a little more light than that- I have just finished the novel " Harlequin " by bernard cornwell following the english king and knights with the welsh bowmen trying to capture large parts of the north of france in the fourteenth century. very well researched,a good story and from what I can gather,historically correct. very enjoyable story
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

That is a fantastic novel IC , read it a few months ago. He's a bloody good writer , everything I 've read of his has been very enjoyable and hard to put down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Sex
    Male
    Indeed he is a good writer. what I forgot to mention was that I have just finished reading this for the second time,which is a rare thing for me.
    The book that I read just before it was " sword of the templars " by paul cristopher which was a sort of divinci code type read,but also following history from the same period when the templars had wealth and power going into the fourteenth century. it was also a hard one to put down.
    I love history around that period,and a good bit of historical fact and a damn good yarn will keep me out of mischief for a couple of days

Sex
    Male
    The Maths Handbook
    PⒶUL

Second time I had read it too.
    A goodishbook , well worth reading that I read some years ago involving the Templars was by Robert Shea , co author of the Illuminatus trilogy called All Things Are Lights . A sort of romance centred around the Cathars and their massacre by the French catholic nobility .
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Sex
    Male
    I tend to be agreeing with you a lot this evening
    good recommendation
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    I tend to be agreeing with you a lot this evening
    good recommendation

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan
    Second time I had read it too.
    A goodishbook , well worth reading that I read some years ago involving the Templars was by Robert Shea , co author of the Illuminatus trilogy called All Things Are Lights . A sort of romance centred around the Cathars and their massacre by the French catholic nobility .
    The Return of the Magi, by Maurice Magre, is much in the same period, and has a section on the Cathars and Albigenses.
    Originally in French, and quite old now, it deals with how in almost all religions the original teachings were perverted by a priesthood ambitious to obtain power and wealth.

Technical sailing books.
    Heavy weather cruising
    Weather at sea
    Emergency first aid
    And the ever so exciting...
    International Regulations For Preventing Collisions At Sea.
    Boring as fuck, but nessercerry knowledge, the last one is particularly good for getting me to sleep. 😬
    The following users think this post is groovy: Jeni Treehugger

Sex
    Female
    Mao - The Unknown Story by Jung Chang and John Halliday
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh

lone wolf survivalist.
    Sex
    Male
    "What happened to the Corbetts", Nevil Shute.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    page three of the beano
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, Miss_bee, TravellerNick