Thread: Fitting out a van

Fitting out a van

When my Hiace was going I would just put a bed in it when I went away. I have already given the walls a several thin coats of white household enamel which looks ok. I was thinking of replacing the roof lining that is torn in several places with kitchen carpet (it is washable with short bristles) and lino on the the floor. I have caravan sink I can put in. My main question is I can store some stuff underneath the bed but what about the wasted space above? How much clearance between the mattress and upper storage space?
    Atonement is the cosmic reset button -Marianne Williamson.

I guess thats up to you. It depends on how much you like to sit up in bed or if you only use it to lay on and sleep in. I suffer from claustrophobia so wouldn't like to sleep in anything where I couldn't at least sit up, but Jon would be fine as long as there were space for him to role in and back out again... horses for courses I guess.

As long as there is enough ventilation and you don't feel cramped or trapped it's all good.

I've just fully fitted out another van for the summer. Regarding the measurements re seating etc what i'd do is sit on your setee at home and with a tape measure just measure what clearence you need. A setee or bed though can go a lot nearer the floor and still be good to sit on. Basically i'd just measure yourself (stop it) and see what you're comfy with, i'm guessin its you gonna be in it. I'll try and stick some pics of my fit out on here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.