THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sewing machine instructions...

Divine Light princesstigermouse's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Question sewing machine instructions...

So my mum returned my sewing machine to me, after several years of promising to fix it/replace the bits she lost. And she has done, which is great... but she's lost the instruction manual
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    and I only actually got to use it one time before she wandered off with it, and that was about six years ago so I really have no idea what to do... any suggestions? The only other type of sewing machine I have used are the really ancient Singer manual ones... which are quite different and to be honest I can't really remember how to thread them up, either, as it's been so long.

All that's written on the machine is E&R Classics... no model number or anything. I can't find anything through google about E&R sewing machines apart from where to buy them. ..

Er... are there any generic sewing machine instructions someone could point me in the direction of, or am I stuffed until the next time my mum graces me with her prescence?
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female
    ffs i just made a post and it posted 3 times so i deleted the excess ones and it deleted them all..

anyway

if you do a google search for the make of your sowing machine instructions you should come across a website i found recently that has hundreds and hundreds of sowing machine manuals you can download in pdf format. You need to know the make and model of you sowing machine which should be written somewhere on your machine
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sex
    Female
    Yeah, that's the problem - there is no model number or name on there, just the brand.
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female
    Most electric sewing machines are threaded up in pretty much the same way. I could try to describe it here.... or I could ring you up and try to talk you through it, which would probably be easier.
    Love is not all wine and roses, sometimes it's handcuffs and cheese.

Sex
    Male
    why don;t you post the make maybe someone has the same one ...and maybe some people can post some pics of how theirs are threaded ...most modern sweing machines thread up in pretty much the same idea ...sure if enuff people post for you you will get a general adea and can work it out from there

I an take a pic of my mums if u like
    but would be easier if you could post the maker..is there no plate on the bottom with a model number
    amybe if you went to the manufacturers webasite and browsed their models you may find one similar ???

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by AnnieAnne
    Most electric sewing machines are threaded up in pretty much the same way. I could try to describe it here.... or I could ring you up and try to talk you through it, which would probably be easier.
    Is there any way you could draw it? I know that sounds a bit mad, and if it's loads of effort then obviously I won't mind you saying no! But I think I would probably get really confused hearing oral instructions and there not being anyone to point at which bit is what... I'll probably just flap and go "argh, I don't know anything, I'm an idiot!"
    which is what usually happens.
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Dichotomy
    why don;t you post the make maybe someone has the same one ...and maybe some people can post some pics of how theirs are threaded ...most modern sweing machines thread up in pretty much the same idea ...sure if enuff people post for you you will get a general adea and can work it out from there
    Cool

The make is E&R classic. I have googled and it doesn't come up with the actual one I have... I'll see if I can get a good look at a picture and see how similar the two are...
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by princesstigermouse
    Cool

The make is E&R classic. I have googled and it doesn't come up with the actual one I have... I'll see if I can get a good look at a picture and see how similar the two are...
    I'm pretty sure thats Enigma's machine

sure she will help you out

sold in tesco plenty on the shelf at the min about 60 quid...sure plenty have 'lost' their instructions

Sex
    Female

sold in tesco plenty on the shelf at the min about 60 quid...sure plenty have 'lost' their instructions
    Yeah, when I googled the make the first site that came up was Tesco. If only there was a tesco nearby I could go in and have a look at the instruction manual and take notes! It's a slightly different machine but it probably works pretty similarly.
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female
    Might be easier to thread up my sewing machine and photograph it. I don't have a drawing program on the computer, I'd have to draw it on paper and scan it in. I'll see if I can get my sewing machine out (it's in a fairly inaccessible cupboard with Chris's bike in front of the door), but I might have to wait for him to come home and get it for me. Bear with me.

Sex
    Male
    sure enigma can do you a copy ... or you could emil tesco ask for the manufacturers site or phone the tesco helpline blag u just bought one with no instructions and can they post them to you as you dont live close to the store

dunno if lyndsey has a scanner but sure she can photo the ages of the manual and email them to you i know she does have them

Sex
    Female

OK, this isn't my actual machine but it's very similar and the crucial bits all seem to be in the same places...
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female

Might be easier to thread up my sewing machine and photograph it. I don't have a drawing program on the computer, I'd have to draw it on paper and scan it in. I'll see if I can get my sewing machine out (it's in a fairly inaccessible cupboard with Chris's bike in front of the door), but I might have to wait for him to come home and get it for me. Bear with me.
    Aww, bless you - don't go to masses of effort just because I am too dumb to work a sewing machine! I feel bad for asking now!
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Male
    yer pretty sure thats enigmas but not exact hers is more white and black but looks pretty much the same

Sex
    Female
    Ok, got it. Do you know how to wind thread on the bottom bobbin, or should I go through that too?

Sex
    Female

Ok, got it. Do you know how to wind thread on the bottom bobbin, or should I go through that too?
    errr.... nope, sorry
    I don't know what the bits are called or anything.
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Female
    Ok, it'll take me a while to do the pics, but I have a sewing machine, camera and thread.

Sex
    Female

Ok, it'll take me a while to do the pics, but I have a sewing machine, camera and thread.

and I love you.
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Male
    ptm
    found this number is he uk helpline

08705 133 106

see if they can email you something or if the have an ftp site

Sex
    Male

video clips would probably be more explanitory if you can d them on your phone and upload them

Sex
    Female

ptm
    found this number is he uk helpline

08705 133 106

see if they can email you something or if the have an ftp site
    Thank you, that's fab
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by princesstigermouse
    Thank you, that's fab
    welcome
    amazing what you can find if you persist online
    not managed to find a user manual yet but still looking

its also made by a company thats part of the toyota group ..so maybe toyotas are threaded similarly

Sex
    Female

welcome
    amazing what you can find if you persist online
    not managed to find a user manual yet but still looking
    You're a lot better at it than me, I didn't find anything remotely useful.

its also made by a company thats part of the toyota group ..so maybe toyotas are threaded similarly
    Now why didn't I think of that...
    xx spring xx

Sex
    Male
    lol you just got to apply logig to google ...... and go from there

found the helpline number on a sewing forum where one was looping on the bottom ..seems to be a common problem with them ...same as enigma's was till my mum fixed it for her lol