Thread: Berber/bedouin tents

billion year old carbon Sthenno's Avatar

Berber/bedouin tents

Does anyone know of anyone who makes these, or might have some for sale?
    We're looking for a tent similar in shape to this...

Unfortunately everywhere we've seen sells them in about 6mx4m sizes, and we're looking for one at least twice as big - about the size of the one in the picture. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it!
    A smell of petroleum prevails throughout...

Its beautiful, brings me back to the time I shared with some bedouin people
    good luck on your search.Id love to have one

Not sure if David, who runs World Tents does any, he does just about everything else... Lovely bloke, give him a try

Or you could try Moussa Direct - they sell all sorts of Moroccan stuff - you will probably have seen their tent, of a similar size, at festies, crammed with wonderful lanterns, pottery etc. If they don't do them they probably know someone who does. Don't think they have a website but you can call them: Moussa Direct Ltd. 01223 244115

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bikebodger
    Not sure if David, who runs World Tents does any, he does just about everything else... Lovely bloke, give him a try

Or you could try Moussa Direct - they sell all sorts of Moroccan stuff - you will probably have seen their tent, of a similar size, at festies, crammed with wonderful lanterns, pottery etc. If they don't do them they probably know someone who does. Don't think they have a website but you can call them: Moussa Direct Ltd. 01223 244115
    Cheers mate, will give them a shout!

Thanks. That's definitely the sort of thing we're looking for, but as we want it as a venue to run workshops from we ideally need something a bit bigger.

Oops, just noticed they make tents to order, so we can just for a bigger one. Great stuff, thanks!

What sort of workshops will you be doing?

These tents look stunning at night, when lit by loadsa moroccan lanterns & a charcoal burner or two - enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bikebodger
    What sort of workshops will you be doing?

These tents look stunning at night, when lit by loadsa moroccan lanterns & a charcoal burner or two - enjoy
    All sorts really. Most of the people we have on board are from an arts background, so lots of theatre, dance and music, and we'd also like to branch out into doing taster sessions of arts therapy. I'm also very keen on doing one on 'old school' science lessons... papier mache volcanoes and that sort of thing - fun for mash-heads and kids alike!

There's no real ractical reason we want a tent in this style, we just need a large space and really like the style of these - everything seems to be in yurts these days and we wanted something a bit different.

Watch out for us at a festival near you...

Check out the Geodesum stuff, they're really adaptable because they're modular and the large ones split up into smaller domes.
    Does being class A guarantee that they are the best drugs? - Ali Gee

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoPete
    Check out the Geodesum stuff, they're really adaptable because they're modular and the large ones split up into smaller domes.
    Cheers. We did look at this sort of thing but decided we wanted somewhere with a bit more of a 'cozy' feel to it. These would be great if we ever decide to expand though!

If you know anyone handy with an industrial sewing machine you should consider making your own, they are a lot easier than they look
    Does being class A guarantee that they are the best drugs? - Ali Gee

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoPete
    If you know anyone handy with an industrial sewing machine you should consider making your own, they are a lot easier than they look
    Yes, we have considered it as an option.

Anyone got an industrial sewing machine?

Noobie

I can help

A have just started to import berber tents from, Morocco to Spain, with my cousin who is married to a bedwin. If you give me a more precise description of what your after {size, colour, canapy only?} I would be happy to get some pics and prices. I drive to England regularly so can deliver the tent myself and my next trip to Morocco will be at the end of Dessember this year.

I know what its like when you have a exact idea of somthing your looking for and it seems impossible to find, so I sincerely hope this will be of use to you.

Heavenly Creature
    I am droooooling...........
    I'm gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames. -Jim Morrison

[quote=arlia;550193]Its beautiful, brings me back to the time I shared with some bedouin people

Where was this Arlia?

snug
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthenno View Post
    All sorts really. Most of the people we have on board are from an arts background, so lots of theatre, dance and music, and we'd also like to branch out into doing taster sessions of arts therapy. I'm also very keen on doing one on 'old school' science lessons... papier mache volcanoes and that sort of thing - fun for mash-heads and kids alike!

There's no real ractical reason we want a tent in this style, we just need a large space and really like the style of these - everything seems to be in yurts these days and we wanted something a bit different.

Watch out for us at a festival near you...
    tribal earth are looking for workshops like that dont no web address but you can google it,
    :asskiss:if your not living on the edge you take up too much room,full on or not on:asskiss:

Noobie

url

Hi there

Tribal earths website is

http://www.tribalearth.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    A have just started to import berber tents from, Morocco to Spain, with my cousin who is married to a bedwin. If you give me a more precise description of what your after {size, colour, canapy only?} I would be happy to get some pics and prices. I drive to England regularly so can deliver the tent myself and my next trip to Morocco will be at the end of Dessember this year.

I know what its like when you have a exact idea of somthing your looking for and it seems impossible to find, so I sincerely hope this will be of use to you.
    That's very kind of you, thank you. We have hopefully already arranged someone to make our tent for us, but I will certainly bear you in mind if we need to look elsewhere. I think it's a great idea for a business though - we have had such trouble locating a large tent that isn't a generic white marquee, and I'm sure many others must have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by arse View Post
    tribal earth are looking for workshops like that dont no web address but you can google it,
    Thank you, I'll get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post

HI jack, can you post some pics of these tents when you get them in please.. would be interested to have a look and get an idea of prices.. thanks
    claire
    :waves: happy face? hope so, like them!!

Noobie

Will do

Like I say my next trip will be at the end of december, so thats about the time we will be getting all the info together for our UK web site. This said I will be sure to post some stuff on here so you to get an early look.

[quote=Allison;586052]
    Quote Originally Posted by arlia View Post
    Its beautiful, brings me back to the time I shared with some bedouin people

Where was this Arlia?
    Egypt a few years back