Page 2 of 225 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: What arts and craft things have you been making lately?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Boz
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    the process of making felt
    that helps an awfull lot guess i will have to
    it.didnt want to start a new thread for it thats all

Originally Posted by MoonCat
    I'm slowly making some clay art tiles.....
    and some hats.....

That tile's amazing! Nice work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by aelin
    that helps an awfull lot guess i will have to
    it.didnt want to start a new thread for it thats all
    Sorry, i was amused...

There are two types of felting, wet and dry. Although there are many different opinions on the best way.

Use the heal of your hand and your thumb to pull out some fibres and lie them down in a tray (wet felting) or on a piece of foam (dry). Do this to the size of your piece with all the fibres going the same way. Then make another layer but going across those fibres so they go the other way. Repeat until you have many layers.
    What happens now differs from the different ways

Wet felting
    Then sprinkle a little water over it and squirt on a little soap and put a cloth over it. Rub it gently in circles. Keep doing that until all the fibres have knitted together.

Dry felting
    Then use a felting kneedle to stab the foam through the fibres until they knit together. Keep turning it over so that you dont end up completely velcroed to the foam.
    It also helps not to damage the table if you put a cutting mat under it.
    Don't do it on your knee.
    Be careful of the felting kneedle its really sharp.

Cant explain it better than that though.

thankx for the help there... tis ok i wasnt annoyed i was bieng sarcastic...

Me too, sort of, not really.

I was joking though. Thats what i meant.

Originally Posted by Boz
    Me too, sort of, not really.

I was joking though. Thats what i meant.
    ha i know,it gets confusing online

Originally Posted by MoonCat
    I'm slowly making some clay art tiles.....
    and some hats.....
    Do the tiles wear the hats.

aelin being a pain yet again........ youll get used to him people lol........... hes just sat attempting to make arm warmers while i make a hat but hes never happy unless hes annoyin someone lol! just kidding hes lovely really
    it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

I was going to post the link to the place i buy the fibre for the felt but i cant find it now...

Originally Posted by lulu62uk
    Do the tiles wear the hats.
    AM I a TILE?

what are you on then eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

where do i start?
    2 of these:

8 of these in various colours plus 2 baby sized ones:

2 scarfs, some wristbands for my brother, a baby sleeping bag, 2 pairs of leg warmers, freindship bands for my SIL, hemp+bead bracelets, plus gifts for 2 secret santas, tree decorations, my dad's hat.......

*gasps for breath*
    im knackered
    Learning....

Divine Light princesstigermouse's Avatar
    I did a fleece scrap applique onto a cardigan to cover some moth-munched holes! That's about all I have managed lately

xx spring xx

Kaz how do you do it!!?!? My fingers would fall off if I made that much stuff in such a short period of time!

In dreams begin reality Jim Tor's Avatar
    I've been making hand printed portraits : )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists. :thumbup: Abbie Hoffamn

Originally Posted by Jim Tor
    wow, that's brilliant

wish i could make clothes, tried knitting, failed epically!
    tried crocheting....the needles are useful for tidying shamaniks dreads
    but as for making something...nah....
    buuut...
    i like playing with wire and fimo and beads...here`s a few examples..

i have a kazillion beads of all kinds now...tho the crystal types are getting very expensive...so i`m using pretty glass beads now for projects...
    ​Breathing is the most important thing in life, everything else can wait.

Originally Posted by Jim Tor
    wow, there's so much texture to it!

Divine Light princesstigermouse's Avatar

Originally Posted by pixiejanet1

Oh, Janet - those are wicked!!! I love them!
    xx spring xx

Originally Posted by Owl Knees
    Kaz how do you do it!!?!? My fingers would fall off if I made that much stuff in such a short period of time!
    i just love it
    aand im an insomniac

Originally Posted by pixiejanet1
    wish i could make clothes, tried knitting, failed epically!
    tried crocheting....the needles are useful for tidying shamaniks dreads
    but as for making something...nah....
    buuut...
    i like playing with wire and fimo and beads...here`s a few examples..

i had one like this in my secret santa
    janet your jewellery is lush!
    Learning....

well thank you two very much...

i`ll be cracking on an getting some more bracelets made in the new year...

A couple of cards that i've done...

For the boy

The original one for his mum, but i went off it and made her this one instead (first card i've ever made BTW! )

Gave her this one so she's got a nice pic of us both...we don't usually do nice pics!

Card i made for Epona.

I've done a couple of notice boards as well, but i forgot to take a pic of Epona's, and the pic i took of mine is rubbish. I'll take a decent one tomoro.

Soz for massiveness of pics, CBA resizing at the mo!

P.s...i
    the flouro bracelets Janet! Are you selling any?

oo flattered!!

I will be making some to sell in the new year, dont think i have any flouro polymer left...will have to get the box out and see

Definately give me a shout if you do...i'm seriously missing some flouro in my life!

Originally Posted by Shazaaym!
    Definately give me a shout if you do...i'm seriously missing some flouro in my life!
    cool

I do love my flouro