THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 221 222 223 224 225
Results 5,377 to 5,391 of 5391

Thread: What arts and craft things have you been making lately?

Something non- wood related this time......though I did still use the lather to turn it.

I picked up this short section of antler at the Sustainability Centre open day (nr West Meon) last weekend to experiment with turning.

This is a screwdriver keyring which hides 4 different mini screwdriver bits. I was lucky the piece had a slight curve which meant I was able to keep some of the texture from the outside of the antler. I think it might be worth trying a few more if I can get some more antler pieces.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, MrsP, nicklincs, patchypete, vlahakisa, wurzel

Looks like a skilled bit of work
    Everything is not normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper

chilli, you really are very talented. i love seeing your work.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper, nicklincs

Originally Posted by Chillicamper
    Something non- wood related this time......though I did still use the lather to turn it.

I picked up this short section of antler at the Sustainability Centre open day (nr West Meon) last weekend to experiment with turning.

This is a screwdriver keyring which hides 4 different mini screwdriver bits. I was lucky the piece had a slight curve which meant I was able to keep some of the texture from the outside of the antler. I think it might be worth trying a few more if I can get some more antler pieces.

This is lovely, I bought my other half an antler handle knife for his birthday in January, natural materials are so nice to own.

SO, I've taken a break from drawing to to get involved in working with jewellery pieces, and I'm really enjoying it, I think I'm definitely going to continue with the jewellery work. Starting with copper because it's cheap, and giving silver filled a go next.

Hopefully it will all actually sell!

If you're interested in seeing more, visit

Amanda
    x
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, beadyjean, Chillicamper, glowingsunsets, Lightbringer, Miss_bee, nicklincs, patchypete, Sharon

wow! they look really good!
    Everything is not normal.

Thanks! Thinking up a new bracelet idea this afternoon, now I've got all my boring admin work out the way

I build guitar FX pedals. I do everything from designing the colour scheme to building the PCB and soldering the circuit inside. This is one of a series of six all in different colours and sounding cool.

So far this year I have been mostly building structures for the allotment out of salvage - strawberry planters and plant supports etc. But, once all my crops have been planted out, in one more week or so, I expect to turn my attention to indoors. I still have a backlog of odd jobs around the home to finish off (including the kitchen); but, they will likely be carried out with a lot of art and crafts in mind.
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, Lightbringer, nicklincs

Aww how cute (knitting their girlfriend a scarf), I'm rubbish at knitting and sewing, but my sister is crocheting me a cool blanket for my campervan as a Christmas gift, I can't wait

Here are just a couple of my recent new makes, all available at
    - I've been having fun with sea glass!

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I'm making a junk journal at the moment as a gift
    it will be half done for the recipient to fill as they please.

I've obviously been thinking that there's not nearly enough colour in my van as there should be so I've been painting my kitchen cupboards. Had to work with limited colours and I will probably paint over it and do it all over again but here's how it's looking so far…

Roughing it smoothly...
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, Lightbringer

Originally Posted by MrsP
    I've obviously been thinking that there's not nearly enough colour in my van as there should be so I've been painting my kitchen cupboards. Had to work with limited colours and I will probably paint over it and do it all over again but here's how it's looking so farů

That is gorgeous!!

Thank you. It's become a bit of a meditation for me. I'd forgotten how much I loved to paint as a child and it's all coming back to me now.
    Roughing it smoothly...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Wow! That's absolutely beautiful Mrs P!
    The following users think this post is groovy: MrsP