THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 221 222 223 224 225
Results 5,377 to 5,385 of 5385

Thread: What arts and craft things have you been making lately?

Something non- wood related this time......though I did still use the lather to turn it.

I picked up this short section of antler at the Sustainability Centre open day (nr West Meon) last weekend to experiment with turning.

This is a screwdriver keyring which hides 4 different mini screwdriver bits. I was lucky the piece had a slight curve which meant I was able to keep some of the texture from the outside of the antler. I think it might be worth trying a few more if I can get some more antler pieces.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, nicklincs, patchypete, vlahakisa, wurzel

Looks like a skilled bit of work
    Everything is not normal.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper

chilli, you really are very talented. i love seeing your work.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chillicamper, nicklincs

Originally Posted by Chillicamper
    Something non- wood related this time......though I did still use the lather to turn it.

I picked up this short section of antler at the Sustainability Centre open day (nr West Meon) last weekend to experiment with turning.

This is a screwdriver keyring which hides 4 different mini screwdriver bits. I was lucky the piece had a slight curve which meant I was able to keep some of the texture from the outside of the antler. I think it might be worth trying a few more if I can get some more antler pieces.

This is lovely, I bought my other half an antler handle knife for his birthday in January, natural materials are so nice to own.

SO, I've taken a break from drawing to to get involved in working with jewellery pieces, and I'm really enjoying it, I think I'm definitely going to continue with the jewellery work. Starting with copper because it's cheap, and giving silver filled a go next.

Hopefully it will all actually sell!

If you're interested in seeing more, visit

Amanda
    x
    The following users think this post is groovy: beadyjean, Chillicamper, glowingsunsets, Lightbringer, Miss_bee, nicklincs, patchypete

wow! they look really good!
    Everything is not normal.

Thanks! Thinking up a new bracelet idea this afternoon, now I've got all my boring admin work out the way

I build guitar FX pedals. I do everything from designing the colour scheme to building the PCB and soldering the circuit inside. This is one of a series of six all in different colours and sounding cool.

So far this year I have been mostly building structures for the allotment out of salvage - strawberry planters and plant supports etc. But, once all my crops have been planted out, in one more week or so, I expect to turn my attention to indoors. I still have a backlog of odd jobs around the home to finish off (including the kitchen); but, they will likely be carried out with a lot of art and crafts in mind.
    The following users think this post is groovy: glowingsunsets, Lightbringer, nicklincs