THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Creative people that inspire you

Creative people that inspire you

A while ago PTM linked to Katwise's stuff which really really inspired me to make stuff and all the time I see stuff that makes me want to create more.

I know there's a links section to put in shops and sites you like etc but i thought a thread where we show stuff that inspires us would be great. I love seeing other people's work.

if you click on the images you will be taken to the photostreams on Flickr

So I'll start. this is eviegreenpixie on Flickr. She makes the most wonderful patchwork stuff

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is blossombird on Flickr and she makes wonderful recycled clothes

fingtoys makes wonderful felt animals - this is what I want to learn to do next

fluffels makes awesome plushies!

Sarah Bourque makes the coolest sock creatures ever!

Please add to this and make a thread of inspiration!!
    likes cats, a bit.

sunset girl's sock birdies

wooly fabulous broches

likes cats, a bit.

Divine Light princesstigermouse's Avatar
    Wow, that patchwork stuff is amazing! I need to check that person's photostream.

Chopstixwaits on etsy...

because she collects the most incredible fabrics and puts her own unique twist on them.
    xx spring xx

Originally Posted by princesstigermouse

That dress is amazing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber (Raimbowtree on etsy and flickr) has a beautiful way of looking at the world, and a gorgeous relationship with texture...

xx spring xx

Not Quite a Noobie
    Incredible!Some people around here are truly amazing!

One of my source of inspiration is for food decoration, and espacially bentos. Just follow the link of
    and

I won't dare to put their photos on a forum, as I didn't asked them before.
    Ideas for vegetarian meals:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

prefer to read it in French?

Wow, gorgeous stuff! I really like those felt cats

Originally Posted by Zo
    Incredible!Some people around here are truly amazing!

One of my source of inspiration is for food decoration, and espacially bentos. Just follow the link of
    and

I won't dare to put their photos on a forum, as I didn't asked them before.
    ooooh i love bento
    gonna make myself get into it this year - healthy food is so much more appealing when its that fun!
    not your average girl...

Beautiful-looking food... I have never seen anything quite like that before.

If someone has their images publicly available on the web in an online shop or other commercial setting, and you credit them, I see no reason not to post. You're sending business their way. If you were claiming it as your own, that would be a different thing.
    xx spring xx

Holy frickin cow! This is made from needle felting! Click the image to be taken to the photostream and prepare to be wowed!

likes cats, a bit.

Wow what a talented lady!

Originally Posted by starpoi
    Holy frickin cow! This is made from needle felting! Click the image to be taken to the photostream and prepare to be wowed!

Woah - that's blimmin' awesome!
    xx spring xx

Not Quite a Noobie
    @
    : maybe you are right. Never thought it that way!

@
    Yes, bento making is addictive. Even if you're not too much in cute food. I try to keep them first healthy and if time I'll add a little fancy face or so.
    I was sometimes quite surprised by some tips as to glue your cheese on your rice with honey...yuck! So, this calmed me a little! But, each time I go and check their blog, I'm just astonished! It's so prettily made!

@
    it is just totally amazing!
    Ideas for vegetarian meals:

prefer to read it in French?

Matthew Gray Gubler

Originally Posted by starpoi

Wow, they are quite spectacular!

As for what inspires me, well photography is really the only thing I've ever been creative with, and I guess I find this guy quite inspiring - petervanallen on flickr -
    - He takes beautiful photos from all around Dorset, but particularly Portland and Weymouth. He does a lot of HDR.

Some seriously droolworthy chainmaille stuff...

Have a look around the site - some of those pieces are amazing!
    "One cannot see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes" :heart:

I love this guys crayon pictures

Originally Posted by sooz

I love this guys crayon pictures
    thats frickin awesome!
    my
    :)

Without trying to sound sucky or anything . People who post there stuff on here inspire me to get creative and thinking that maybe I can make a living doing this ! Thanks !
    CANT SLEEP , CLOWN WILL EAT ME !

Click on the pics to be taken to the photostream of the maker

likes cats, a bit.

Wow, those are AMAZING!!

WOW - that first necklace is incredible!
    xx spring xx

Oh wow, what gorgeous stuff!

Awesome stuff!