THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 755 of 756 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 751 752 753 754 755 756 LastLast
Results 18,097 to 18,120 of 18122

Thread: The "What are you listening to?" thread!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Wulfie

The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

letting it all go woohoo, cheers BB !!!!!

Last edited by verticalis48; 11-10--2017 at 11:09 AM.

Off the beaten track .... Maxal's Avatar
    Dead Can Dance - Avatar

The following users think this post is groovy: verticalis48, Wulfie

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child, marshlander

The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, itinerant child, marshlander

yeah...the whole fucking deal...romantic...gentle...sensitive...s ensible...practical...and way down n dirty

The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, ma bungo

Off the beaten track .... Maxal's Avatar
    [Great you've met somebody Verty.]

I wish I knew what you guys were listening to. Loads of white blanks!

It's oh, so quiet . . .

The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, marshlander

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

Originally Posted by likahamadoolihan

My best mate here in Burgundy used to share a flat with Roy

I have just been put onto these guys by a dutch friend and feel naive that I have never disvovered their brilliance before. I have now got three of their albums

anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    On last night's insomnia/tinnitus playlist was Nico's fourth album, "The End". I specially like the arrangement and vocals on "Secret Side" although apologies for the depressing and tragic subject matter. John Cale's contribution is rather magical I think.

I hope I've got the code right for finding the correct place on the album. It didn't seem to respond to the timings on YouTube.

Heavenly Creature

Thanks, U.J., I really like this minor key version of Mama Don't 'Low. Very nice

On last night's insomnia/tinnitus playlist was Frank Zappa's "The Man From Utopia" featuring the wonderful "We Are Not Alone" - love that baritone sax! Unfortunately, it is the only track that seems to be blocked :-( So here's the final track "Moggio"

Recently I have been trying to face transferring more of my cd collection to my computer, so I can listen to music on the boat when I want. I've just ripped this fab album that I bought back in early 2000s by Tom Zé. If you don't know his music he records raw sounds and creates everything from samples - if I've got that right. It must take him even longer than me to finish a song!