THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: PLEASE START THREADS IN THE RIGHT FORUMS

PLEASE START THREADS IN THE RIGHT FORUMS

The whole reason the staff make new parts of the forum is to provide space for thread that deserve attention but might get lost in the chatterbox.

There's no point in their being there if you all just post the threads in the chatterbox anyway.
    Please do not try to send messages to this account - it is an automated account and never checked. Thank you.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    I'm going to encourage other mods to be a bit stricter with this.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We all make mistakes, and sometimes the 'right place to post' isn't crystal clear - but some people seem to think that threads magically move themselves - and not posting in the right place gives us more work than we need.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So, if people don't take heed of this request we're soon going to start closing the threads without notice ... and then you'll miss out on discussing the things you want to discuss.

... and if that doesn't work then we'll start restricting access to the places they're meant to be (EG, if you repeatedly post stuff for sale in chatterbox then we'll hide your access to the bazaar forum so you never get to see it again).

Hope I've made ourselves clear
    Last edited by Paul; 12-07--2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Amended wording in red

Every so often I need to delete this post and add it again to remind people.

I spend far too much time moving topics into their correct forums - they don't move themselves.

Please stop giving me extra working through posting in the wrong place - or alternatively risk having your thread closed.

Ta

For the love of all that is holy, please make the effort.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Drai