THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 484 of 484 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 480 481 482 483 484
Results 11,593 to 11,600 of 11600

Thread: What made you laugh/smile today? Take 2

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The cocktails are on you later then
    Cocktails, Dahlink? Can I have mine with a curly straw and mini umbrella, please?
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.

Sex
    Female
    Can I have a Long Island Iced Tea please... followed by a Mojito (note the glut in the back of my throat when I said that lol).

ta
    xx
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Chained Thistle
    Can I have a Long Island Iced Tea please... followed by a Mojito (note the glut in the back of my throat when I said that lol).

ta
    xx
    Mmmmm Long Island ice Tea

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle

Sex
    Female
    All interested parties form a que,if you can get here before the bar closes id gladly buy you a drink xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Sammie is my elderly English Springer Spaniel. He is a very handsome chap, always has been, but for the last couple of years his coat has been neglected as he has become very sensitive to grooming; even brushing him gently seems to upset him. As a result, he has started to look less than his best, and having tatts and twigs caught in his coat cannot be comfortable for him.

The other day, I took him for a professional grooming (arthritis in my hands and spine makes it difficult for me to bend/ hold and groom a dog who does not want to be done). I asked the girl to clip all his coat off, and bath him. When I went to pick him up again, I would not have known it was him, had I not left him there earlier. He does not even look like a Springer, more like a pointer or similar. He does look absolutely amazing, though.

Because he looks so different, I amused myself by knocking on the door of an elderly friend today, while I was out with the dogs. I told him that I had brought my new dog to see him. He obviously did not recognise Sam at all, and thought that I had maybe lost him, and that I had got another hound. Not wanting to upset me by asking about Sam, he asked could he pet the new dog, give him a biscuit etc, and then said what a handsome animal he is, with lovely markings.

Then asked how old he was. "Twelve", says I. "Really? He looks so young and fit; what a well looked after dog he has been." At this, I started to laugh, and told him that he was petting his long time friend, Sammie. He didn't believe me for a while, thought that I was having him on. I will have to get a good photo of Sam's new look, and a pic of him how he was, to show the contrast.

Although I love spaniels, the way they look and their gorgeous coats; I am planning to keep Sam's coat as it is now. It will not only be easier to keep him clean, especially now that his skin seems so sensitive; but I can keep an eye on his condition more easily. At this age, it is easy for them to get quite frail, but for this to be hidden under a thick coat.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, likahamadoolihan, ma bungo, Miss_bee, nicklincs, Offgrid hero, patchypete, Sootyfoot

The truth is out there NomadicRT's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Managing to get.myself splashed liberally in septic tank sewerage yesterday..on my face too for good measure eeew.
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 25-03--2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...

Sex
    Female
    The smell of new mown grass..mower man is back on site,its a sunny,bright breezy day and spring really has sprung😊xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero