THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Breastfeeding Support Web pages and Helpline numbers

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Smile Breastfeeding Support Web pages and Helpline numbers

Perhaps a mod could sticky this so its easily findable for new mums and dads?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    These numbers/contacts are invaluable in the first few weeks for alot of mums n dads so this is why i have posted here and not in the links section - this is easily referenced here xxx

UPDATED June 2015

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

La Leche League Helpline: 0845 120 2918

NCT Helpline: 0300 330 0700 Option 1 for help with feeding your baby. Option 3 for Pregnancy, Birth and Life with a new baby.

Comprehensive page giving many different numbers..

0300 100 0210 - Supporterline for highly trained breastfeeding supporters who volunteer to answer the helpline.
    0300 100 0212 - National Breastfeeding Helpline for same supporters but also those who volunteer from the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers. The National Breastfeeding Helpline can also provide Welsh speaking supporters.
    There are also numbers for those looking for support in Bengali, Sylheti,Tamil, Teluga and Hindi.

The page above is rammed with information but if you still can't find what you are looking for there you can either email in or phone the hotline on 0844 412 4665 I have phoned this number quite a few times over the last few years and the lady that runs it is an absolute Angel. I've also heard her talking about this helpline at a conference and am just so very thankful that people like her exist. She is a fully qualified pharmacist and is an expert on what is safe and what is not safe to take in terms of pharmaceutical and recreational drugs when pregnant and breastfeeding.

Mostly based in Cornwall and Dorset but hugely influential in terms of training provision of tip top breastfeeding support.
    Last edited by Sarah; 18-06--2015 at 07:52 PM.
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

also this site is amazing:

Last edited by Sarah; 18-06--2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: took out the quote which had out of date information

getting started :

common breastfeeding concerns:

frequent nursing::

growth spurts:

milk supply issues:

how to cope with negative attitudes to bf :

cluster feeding and evening fussiness:

meds and herbs while breastfeeding:

nursing after the first year/ extended breastfeeding:

pumping and storing milk:

Sex
    Female
    awesome stuff

Sex
    Female
    fab stuff i may be back to read these if having any probs with my little un.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Latching on
    dont be dismayed at the size of the nipples

More tramp than vamp... spannerbananna's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    A bit technical, but well worth knowing about, is Dr Hales Breastfeeding and Medications Forum -

Only professionals can ask questions but anyone can read the forum and he really knows his stuff about the safety of any drug when breastfeeding.
    I'd go out and change the world if only I could get a damn babysitter...

Sex
    Female
    just wanted to add i am now a trained breastfeeding peer supporter and you can PM me anytime for a chat or a vent or some encouragement - if i can't help i'll try my best to put you onto someone who can
    not your average girl...

Sex
    Female
    congratulations sweetie
    thats great news!! xxxx

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    --- Posting to reopen the thread ---