THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What was the first festival you ever went to?

Noobie
    Square festival 09, followed by Beautiful Days.

@scarlett: I know your pain, I've been trying to fit the Bimble Inn into my zombie plans for many months.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by lordcooper
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    @scarlett: I know your pain, I've been trying to fit the Bimble Inn into my zombie plans for many months.
    Join us here....Zombie Apocalypse HQ..formerly known as St. Michaels mount

Scarlett-I can't tell them the truth:they'll panic and think it's witchcraft

glastonbury '80, hawkwind,roy harper, ginger baker, then directly to stonehenge,not passing go and certainy not collecting 200, just a 12.44 giro...
    'I disapprove of what you say, but I will
    defend to the death your right to say it'
    Evelyn Beatrice Hall, The Friends Of Voltaire, 1906.

glastonbury when i was a youngster, my dad took me, was a blast back then
    Hello Tom :D

Not Quite a Noobie
    My first festival was Glastonbury before they built the fence, when it was free.

Cropredy 1987, when the late, great John Martyn was playing
    Signatures smell!
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

forest fayre '86

my first was an exodus festival i think it was 1995 i did`nt go to a legal festival till eastern haze in 2004

ozfest 2001 in milton keynes
    We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are - Anais Nin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heaven in a wildflower shoeless's Avatar
    glastonbury , thirty years ago , we went over the fence , or maybe just in the front gate on a sunday
    me my husband my sister and her two little girls , was a nice day

maybe twenty eight years ago , i will have to ask my niece its a long time ago

bromyard folk festivel 14 years old, gobbed 1000 of clee hills finest henry of resin n sank 12 cans of brew, ended up on a new age site just outside of town where an adult resident of about 30 i reckon thought it a good idea to try and pick on a 14 year old lad, i used to asume everyone somehow knew back then i wernt wired the same as others my age or not, final score me1- bully hospital scared for life, and we all had to peg it off site no messin cuz of it hahaha, everyone else i was there with was an adult too lol, they knew i was gonna defend myself n asked me to behave but they were too weak to summit to the bloke haha guess they wanted me to sit there and take it bein had a go at, there lies the difference between a true proud council estate free thinker and them rich kids dressin crusty to be cool n never sayin anythin real only what they think people wanna hear haha, most them real fake twats from then absolutely hate bumpin in to me these days, i still don't put up with numptys haha
    YOUNG FREE N PSYCHOTIC

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Oh, this is an old thread, but a goody. Er, trying to remember. I think my first real festival was the 1970 Isle of Wight - 5 days of life changing experience in blazing sun for an innocent 15 year-old. Before then it was all the free days out in Hyde Park. After The Isle of Wight I found I got more out of folk festivals ... several Cambridges and Norwich in those early years.

Not Quite a Noobie
    Cropredy, in the late 80's not sure which year now though, before that it was bike shows - Kent custom Show, that sort of thing

Tuning In
    think it was greenham common peace site next door to the demo loads of benders , vans , horse boxes ect .... and weighed deals my first a real eye opener.

Turning On
    Been to lots of festivals and fayres over the years , knebworth glasto etc but don't think you can beat the Albion barsham fayres of the 70s . The early Latitude festivals at henham park were good 06 07 only go to small fayres now Harliquin is one of the best .
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Noobie

Originally Posted by Alien Pseudopod
    This was mine. Freezing it was. Still enjoyed it,was a little narked that Curved Air and Slade never performed.

Went to 3 Knebworths too.(Floyd/Stones/Zappa) enjoyed em all.
    Reading was my first festival, think it was back in 2001 off memory. Had a great experience as it was the first time I went away with my friends without my parents being close by. Happy memories!

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    windsor free festi 1974ish

Bulldog bash early '90s. I went on the back of a friends bike and only took a jumper, a packet of sausage rolls and a fiver...it was an experience
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Stonehenge 78
    a somewhat life changing experience to put it mildly !
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz

Tuning In
    oooh, raid the memory bank, first vague memory was in norfolk, the tail end of the albion fairs, three 7's or summat it was called, very small low key, first proper festi was rougham tree fair, around 86, then it turned into harvest fair, very soon after that, first van and trailor and offski i went, then is was things like white goddess bodmin moor, ribblehead in yorkshire, the happy daze festi's round bala, trecastle, twmbalwm, cantlin stone gatherings kerry free, torpedo town, circus warp summer solstice @ pease down st john, various harvest fairs around the country, to name a few of many residing in the fogs of time, still going strong @ 2016 and adding the the extensive list, but the last lot of years, if it doesnt include banging hard n fast psy trance i wont go.

Heavenly Creature
    Hollywood 1970 reluctantly, felt at the time that the festival phenomenom would be short-lived and wanted to experience it!

Really great music, lots of people behaving badly, peace & love noticeably absent, never wanted to go to another.

What a line-up though!

SaturdayDemon Fuzz,
    Trader Horne
    Screaming Lord Sutch
    Mungo Jerry
    Family
    Titus Groan
    Mike Cooper.
    Ginger Bakers Airforce
    Tony Joe White.

SundayThe Flaming Groovies.
    Black Sabbath.
    Wildmouth
    Quintessence.
    Colosseum.
    Free
    Grateful Dead
    Mungo Jerry
    Jose Feliciano
    Traffic.

Big Green Gathering...2006.

Annoyingly Positive Editor DaisyDreamer's Avatar
    Glastonbury 1995........got massively drunk and ended up with sunstroke on the first day. Spent the rest of it with a burned and swollen forehead. Do remember the sight of PJ Harvey prancing around in a bright pink bodysuit though......and dancing to Orbital......pwetty lights!

Hey hey. I was at Windsor. You didn't go up to Exmoor did you?

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    windsor free festi 1974ish
    - - - Updated - - -

Isle of wight, then weeley
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh
    The following users think this post is groovy: wandering gypsy