THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What was the first festival you ever went to?

Sex
    Male
    One up at Alli Palli late 60s I think, it was a weekender smoking banana skins inside see through little plastic domes seemed to be popular there.I cant remember who was on.I saw John Lennon,Brian Jones and Denni Laine mooching about.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket

Sex
    Female
    Trip to Tipp in county Tipperary about 25 years ago...eek can't believe it was that long ago. Took my first ever acid and missed all the bands that i'd gone to see 🙂

Sex
    Male
    My first was Cassington free party in 1991. I was 16 years old and lived about 5 miles away and could hear the beat so a group of us got a lift over, followed the sound of the music and stumbled across this awesome set up in a field.Strangely, my memories of the event are a bit hazy for some reason.
    Last edited by Ecobob; 25-11--2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Surprised I never answered this previously, but it was Stonehenge '84 when I was 16 years old -- a major defining point in my life
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sex
    Female
    Inglestone Common with a guy called Ritchie we bought some sweets from a guy called Penguin,,,sherbert fizz bombs i thought...except I needed to sit down for a long time after i had one.Actually it may have been Johnnie who I went with...umm
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ma bungo

Sex
    Male
    Reading Rock.. 1983... One of Marillion's first big gigs, and they were amazing... Best band in the world for 4 magnificent albums, and then Fish left

Oktoberfest 91 or 92 I think....

Reading, about 1989. It was horrid. I'd dyed my hair pink with food colouring; it rained all weekend so I ended up pink and streaky all over, including my contact lenses. The rose-tinted haze didn't help. I got pissed on thunderbird, felt sick, spent most of my time in my tent.

Didn't give up though. Think the next one was Strawberry Fair, then Glastonbury, probably 1990 - the last year when you could get in free through the Travellers' Field. Wow. Never looked back

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    Watchfield 75

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    Midsomer music festival 1990 I think... When it was down the island before it moved up the rugby club in 1992...best year was 1995...ozrics came home n headlined...oh fuckin yes
    first large festival was pilton 94 which was the first time I smoked cannabis too.

Pentrich Rock & Blues festival late 80s or thereabouts. Some version of Hawkwind were on if my memory doesn't fail me but that doesn't really narrow the date down much.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Zenbadger
    Pentrich Rock & Blues festival late 80s or thereabouts. Some version of Hawkwind were on if my memory doesn't fail me but that doesn't really narrow the date down much.
    If you can remember it, were you really there?

Sex
    Male
    Reading 1980. Slade, Rory Gallagher. Never been back there, but the 'henge 82-84, Glasto 83, Albion fairs etc