THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 948 of 948 FirstFirst ... 448 848 898 938 944 945 946 947 948
Results 22,729 to 22,743 of 22743

Thread: What are you currently thinking, part V: The Hempire Strikes Back

I thoight all Collies were just basket case mental....they bark at everything and nothing and do everything at 1000mph.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Daisysmum, parrotandcrow

Heavenly Creature
    The females arent as skitsoid as the males but far more sneaky. Both are mental
    The following users think this post is groovy: parrotandcrow

I dont think relax and chill out is a concept Collies understand.From the moment my friends dog was awake it flew down the stairs barking,wanted its breakfast barking and wanted you to throw sticks all day barking...it was like it all day till the batteries went flat.Crazy dogs...very intelligent but completely crazy.

Heavenly Creature parrotandcrow's Avatar
    Fly has improved a lot. She barks less than she did, but now I have Spot Spaniel who howls if he feels neglected.

I cope very badly with noise, so how did I come to live with such noisy animals?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    If men bore wings and had black feathers, few would be intelligent enough to be crows.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz, Daisysmum, Lightbringer, marshlander, NomadicRT

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by parrotandcrow
    Indeed they do. I particularly note the fact that when you call them, they check what's going on around first, to see if there is something more important than returning to you.
    I don't think that one is collie specific...

We looked after my stepson's collie whilst he was ignoring my Dad's advice and embarking on his delusional police training and (short) career only to find that even in Stornoway, it wasn't like 'Hamish McBeth' or the 'Sweeney' (or whatever version of Regan and Carter came into his young mind...). The first 2 years, Dad warned are mostly picking up drunks, public order offenses (often related to the former) and paperwork.

Dog was nuts. I swear our dog Bill picked up some of the barmy from her.

Daisy wouldn't dream of returning without first checking for rabbits/cats/balls/random scraps of food (she once found a whole takeaway under a bush and appears never to have forgotten her luck)/yuck to roll in/any rabbits that may have been well hidden first check/interesting sniffy things/ anything else that may be more interesting, just in case I put her lead on rather than throw the ball again...

After that shes usually back....granted she can do all that in roughly 30 seconds, but you can see returning being put on the back burner of the dog brain.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chazz

Heavenly Creature
    well tonight there will be no zombie uprising, they will get blown away. So im parked across the road from a jail, its the only sheltered park up ive found
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar

Originally Posted by pyke13
    well tonight there will be no zombie uprising, they will get blown away. So im parked across the road from a jail, its the only sheltered park up ive found
    Peterhead?

Heavenly Creature
    Yeah, will post a pic in the morning to show you how close i am to the jail. Was out with the dog n realised im right across from its main entrance.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

Yeah, will post a pic in the morning to show you how close i am to the jail. Was out with the dog n realised im right across from its main entrance.
    They let you park there with challenging you?
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Dirty Uncle Bertie... julianthegypsy's Avatar
    Yeah, he might have been waiting for harry the safes to break out of E wing!

-- Posted from the
    --
    Yawn I'm so tired with this big bag of coal on my head...
    The following users think this post is groovy: pyke13

A more peculiar cloudy yellow sky ive not seen in a long time...surreal...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rick69

Grey and foggy here, looks like some rain on the way...

It's an ill wind that blows anybody towards a prison
    Reminds me of my two weirdest park ups. By the Police vehicle garage in Barcelona (to put off thieves) and in front of an Embassy in Geneva (it was a lovely spot with a park opposite). Oh yes, and next to a police post in the Pyrannees mountains with our woodsmoke drifting over them (the descent was snowed up and we had to wait days for a snow plough).

Thinking what an odd day..dusky looking all day,wierd coloured skies and sun..just went in the back of the van for a wash,put my vest top on and some lil sod stung me under my arm..feels like a wasp,prob found a cosy spot in my draw (good job it wasnt my draws!)to nest up for the winter,stungs like fek now😯xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Thinking I have lots of reading to do and should get on with it.