THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 941 of 941 FirstFirst ... 441 841 891 931 937 938 939 940 941
Results 22,561 to 22,569 of 22569

Thread: What are you currently thinking, part V: The Hempire Strikes Back

Rope through plug hole, attatch to van, drive off

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    We found a belfast sink in the woods today, it's in great nick too. Problem is, it's got a concrete skim on some of it, and weighs a bloody ton. It's also at the bottom of a really steep incline, which is very slippy. So I'm thinking about how to get it up to the top of the woods
    You know those plastic sledges kids use in winter? There ya go! Problem solved!
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: yazz

Originally Posted by Rick69
    Rope through plug hole, attatch to van, drive off
    That could break it.
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    That could break it.
    Driving slowly id have thought it would survive.

I got a similar sounding one out of a skip, about 3 feet long as it had a drainer on it and a big lump of concrete. I balanced it on the edge of the skip whilst we climbed out but it fell off onto the road - made a small chip on one edge!

Would probably go straight through a sledge though..

Originally Posted by Uncle jhad
    We found a belfast sink in the woods today, it's in great nick too. Problem is, it's got a concrete skim on some of it, and weighs a bloody ton. It's also at the bottom of a really steep incline, which is very slippy. S
    o I'm thinking about how to get it up to the top of the woods

aha!got it...re set camp at the bottom of woods......hmmmm!how to get a 7.5 ton van down a very steep wooded slope?xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by Rainbomama
    how to get a 7.5 ton van down a very steep wooded slope?xx
    Gravity will assist.

Getting it up again is a whole different story...
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Sootyfoot

Heavenly Creature
    Forget RM's van idea, she is a bit odd, let's concentrate more on this big sink. If we dragged it an foot a day, it could be here by Jesus's birthday.

RICK, have you got any thick rope ??

Thickish.. And a sack barrow if you want to lend it.

Uj have you a y rope at all ? you.ca n make up a pulley from.a loop through the plug hole and use a rope one end tied to a tree passed through the loop and pull on t'other end to haul it up t'slope.Turn sink.on its side it will have less resistance.
    I shifted one nearly a kilometre just tumbling it along on its side,took me a while but i got it where i wanted....completely.knackered me in process.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: yazz