THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115
Results 2,737 to 2,756 of 2756

Thread: Post whatever you like that takes your fancy as long as it's recent

Beautiful sky tonight
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Ecobob, marshlander, Miss_bee

picture of Emperor dragonfly and the discarded skin of a dragonfly nymph, taken at pond near Kites Hill woodland

do I dare disturb the universe?
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, cricket, Danann, marshlander, parrotandcrow, treestump, yazz

Originally Posted by twistoflemon
    picture of Emperor dragonfly and the discarded skin of a dragonfly nymph, taken at pond near Kites Hill woodland

Great photo- but it's not an emperor but a male southern hawker. A male emperor would have an all blue abdomen with a continuous black dorsal stripe. Southern hawkers are very curious insects often coming to investigate people.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, ayami, twistoflemon, yazz

Originally Posted by gomphus
    Great photo- but it's not an emperor but a male southern hawker. A male emperor would have an all blue abdomen with a continuous black dorsal stripe. Southern hawkers are very curious insects often coming to investigate people.
    good to know, was basing the fact that it was an emperor on the interpretation board so either (most likely) I didn't look at the picture on the board carefully enough or the board had an incorrect picture. It was definitely a very curious dragonfly, kept flying up to me to have a look at me (normally when I didn't have the camera). I'll have to try and educate myself in dragonfly ID I think as its something I don't know much about.

Originally Posted by Lightbringer
    Beautiful sky tonight

Omgoshhhh....Wo
    PURRRRTY hehehe
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

I don't know why I didn't notice before, but I see you have a dragonfly on your profile picture so I'm guessing its a subject that is of interest to you

I Be Sooooo Lovinzz Beautiful Dragonflys....And Have Lots And Lots Who Visit Me And My Little Garden Everyday
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: twistoflemon, yazz

You know your insects!

I don't know why I didn't notice before, but I see you have a dragonfly on your profile picture so I'm guessing its a subject that is of interest to you
    I'm a naturalist so have a big interest in fauna + flora. Yes I am keen on dragonflies. Off to Spain next week to look at wildlife.

Gomphus is a genus of dragonflies, the club-tailed dragonflies; the only British one is pretty rare, restricted to a few rivers in the south.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot, twistoflemon

I'm a naturalist so have a big interest in fauna + flora. Yes I am keen on dragonflies. Off to Spain next week to look at wildlife.

Gomphus is a genus of dragonflies, the club-tailed dragonflies; the only British one is pretty rare, restricted to a few rivers in the south.
    there are some awesome dragonflies in Spain!
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

Bangkok with the Captain!

-- Posted from the
    --

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    there are some awesome dragonflies in Spain!
    I know so hoping to see some of them as well as many other things from dolphins to birds to snakes to moths + some nice plants.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sootyfoot

-- Posted from the
    --
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, Cobra, Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Lovely...I think apart from Butterflies and moths the Draginflies and Damselfies have to be the most interesting insects. Used to have lots on my garden pool.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: gomphus, marshlander

Meeting new people...

-- Posted from the
    --
    The following users think this post is groovy: gomphus, Lightbringer, marshlander, treestump

Heavenly Creature

The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT

My walk yesterday taking in Langdon Woods on the Golden Cap Estate.. my view from a break in the woods over Lyme Bay

What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?
    The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, gomphus, Lightbringer, marshlander, NomadicRT, Rick69, treestump, twistoflemon, Wulfie, yazz

Lovely part of the country. Used to go to a school camp in Chideock + loved walking up to the Golden Cap. Years later I did it with an ex-girlfriend who lived in Devon who was walking the south-west way.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle

it certainly is a dramatic part of the countryside

Lovely part of the country. Used to go to a school camp in Chideock + loved walking up to the Golden Cap. Years later I did it with an ex-girlfriend who lived in Devon who was walking the south-west way.
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?
    The following users think this post is groovy: gomphus

The sun today

The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, NomadicRT