THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98
Results 2,329 to 2,351 of 2351

Thread: Post whatever you like that takes your fancy as long as it's recent

That is gorgeous Groove!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    You are the creator of your own reality!

Here's one I took a few minutes ago.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes

Chilling Out

This little one has been sat on my window all day, never seen a moth like this, any idea of what it is? It's about the size of a 50p, brown with marbled pattern. 😊

The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, nicklincs, patchypete

Originally Posted by yazz
    This little one has been sat on my window all day, never seen a moth like this, any idea of what it is? It's about the size of a 50p, brown with marbled pattern. 
    Not sure but I think this may be the critter in question -
    - if it isn't, you may have luck finding it on that site.
    "The European Union is just like a jigsaw puzzle, except the pieces all come from different puzzles". - Red Dragon

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us".
    - Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, yazz

This little one has been sat on my window all day, never seen a moth like this, any idea of what it is? It's about the size of a 50p, brown with marbled pattern. 
    Strange position, but markings look like those of a Small Phoenix. It's not a Marbled Brown.

Chilling Out

Originally Posted by gomphus
    Strange position, but markings look like those of a Small Phoenix. It's not a Marbled Brown.
    Thankyou, that's been great help. I looked it up and it's the most similar I could find. Common one but new to me. 😊

Last nights sunset

"The best way to get something done , is to begin "
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, Cobra, cricket, Ecobob, essexcamper, gophangover, MouseMouse, nicklincs, Red Dragon, Rick69, Wulfie, yazz

Originally Posted by patchypete
    Last nights sunset
    That is amazing, thanks for sharing.

- Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, patchypete

He's back again, in our garden this morning

So there is this web between my peg tub and edge of table and what looks like a curled up spider in middle.. So I poke it to see if it is indeed a curled up spider and to check it was alive.. these little babs were disturbed.. but when I finished taking photos, and came back in to view them on computer.. when I looked out again, they had all grouped back together again

What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, nicklincs, patchypete, Red Dragon, Sootyfoot, yazz

I had the same last week , I put Earl out in his cage for a few hours , got him in that evening and went back to the garden for radio etc, by the time I got back in there was a web from his cage to the table and on to the floor with hundreds of them lil yellow spiders racing out .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle

You must have knocked it Shroom like I poked mine (*coughs*) lol

Originally Posted by Shroom
    I had the same last week , I put Earl out in his cage for a few hours , got him in that evening and went back to the garden for radio etc, by the time I got back in there was a web from his cage to the table and on to the floor with hundreds of them lil yellow spiders racing out .
    What gives you the idea that because I have nothing I am unhappy?

I like spiders too and wonder what you think of this 10cm diameter beast that I discovered?

- Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, cricket, Ecobob, nicklincs, patchypete

lone wolf survivalist.
    I don't have a camera so I cant post a photo, but we saw a Roe Deer Buck in the woods where we walk this morning.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Chained Thistle, cricket, nicklincs, patchypete

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
    I like spiders too and wonder what you think of this 10cm diameter beast that I discovered?

Biggest spiders I ever saw was I the Seychelles, about 8" front to back, body the size of my thumb and webs from tree to tree 20 feet across.....there was also fruit bats aka flying foxes and they would scare the oak outta ya by divebombing you at dusk.....oh I loved that place...

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, patchypete

Heavenly Creature
    Have you ever walked down a path, assuming it's all level, only to tread on a large stone/rock you hadn't spotted, so you stumble?

Happened to me in Manila, and the massive cockroachy-thing I had just stepped on just wandered off without even a shrug
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Miss_bee, patchypete, Sootyfoot

Well ...... I shall be avoiding Watford
    The following users think this post is groovy: nicklincs, Red Dragon, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by patchypete
    Well ...... I shall be avoiding Watford
    If they find any in Watford, I'll be avoiding there too.

p.s. in reality you would need to crow fly 5,500 miles to find my spider.

- Calvin+Hobbes
    The following users think this post is groovy: patchypete

Isnt that the rare "Banana Striped Hippy Nibbler"?

The following users think this post is groovy: Red Dragon, Sootyfoot

Chilling Out
    Boris chilling out. 😀

The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, Chained Thistle, essexcamper, Miss_bee, nicklincs, patchypete, realnutter, Red Dragon

Boris chilling out. 😀
    one contented cat😊xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, yazz

Boris chilling out. 
    One happy pussy.

Found this in the front garden last night. I've only ever seen one before, and that was in the middle of the road, very flat.
    Click the Flickr link below, I don't know how to actually get the image to show here without posting a link.

The following users think this post is groovy: Cobra, Wulfie