THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41

Thread: Any birdwatchers want to try this?

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out to see if it returns
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

individual fruit trifle beachcomber's Avatar
    There have been hundreds of swallows over the farm every evening this last week. Tonight I was watching them making their din as the sun set, and a robing was singing somewhere behind me. It was like the two seasons melding together
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's Marvel At Owls :)

I sat watching a little Goldcrest in our garden today, was really made up as I'd only ever caught a fleeting glimpse of one in the past
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Does this count? I've literally been awake all night listening to a Scops Owl - they sound like a lorry reversing..beep...beep...beep
    all bloody night! One plus though, they only arrive here when the weather is about to break into full summer!
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: wurzel

Originally Posted by ThreeMoons
    Does this count? I've literally been awake all night listening to a Scops Owl - they sound like a lorry reversing..beep...beep...beep
    all bloody night! One plus though, they only arrive here when the weather is about to break into full summer!
    a bird that sounds like its reversing , thats absurd ......

The following users think this post is groovy: Miss_bee, wurzel

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar

That owl has given him some lessons!
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.

That's funny..my cat enjoyed it too
    A bird at my mums house used to mimic their car alarm perfectly..never actually saw the bird you could just hear it coming from the trees..
    The following users think this post is groovy: Shroom

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    That's funny..my cat enjoyed it too
    A bird at my mums house used to mimic their car alarm perfectly..never actually saw the bird you could just hear it coming from the trees..
    you need to peruse one of the videos it links to for your cats further enjoyment , 'Earl being random' is good , but more muttering and words on random 2

House Martins!! they're back and checking out the nest cup I put up and a board so others can nest alongside

saw a couple of tawny owls out during the day the other week, been hearing more owls calling during the day recently. No idea why that might be
    do I dare disturb the universe?

The House Martins have buggered off, and there are only a few Swallows this year

There are normally cows in the field at the front of our house at this time of the year but tis a new tenant farmer and he does things a bit different, so no cows = no shit = no flys for them to eat.

But on a lighter note I'm on nights so as long as I can stay awake I will watch this.