Thread: Willowman 2012 anyone?

Noobie

Willowman 2012 anyone?

Hello all. I've been to lots of small grassroots festivals, but this year will be my first Willowman. I was just wondering if anyone has been before, or if anyone is going this year and fancies a party! Take care people xxx

Noobie
    Drove past few years ago, veeeery posh looking!!!!!! Rich kids!!!!!!

Not Quite a Noobie
    I too am going to my first willowman festival this year. It looks pretty good, i'm looking forward to it! x

Not Quite a Noobie
    I got nothing to do this weekend and so am thinking of going. I have no idea what to expect. I might as well carry a book along just in case!

Well, I've only just found this thread. We went to Willowman but had to bail early due to the wind destroying out tent. Lots of nice folks around us helped hold it down till I got back to pack it away. My special lady nearly did a dorothy impression to the land of Oz at one point.
    Through violence you may solve one problem, but you will sow the seeds for another...

Not Quite a Noobie
    Sorry to hear that, we where pretty lucky but i had two tents pitched just incase! lol We went to sleep every night to the chorus of 'see you in oz'. I was first on the scene to help when a couple of the stalls where blown away, that was pretty bad and most of the childrens activities where packed up.
    Wont stop me from going back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by hippy babe View Post
    Sorry to hear that, we where pretty lucky but i had two tents pitched just incase! lol We went to sleep every night to the chorus of 'see you in oz'. I was first on the scene to help when a couple of the stalls where blown away, that was pretty bad and most of the childrens activities where packed up.
    Wont stop me from going back next year!
    Just found this thread also! I was there in my campervan, Colin he's blue with flowers on. Was a bit disappointing stuff packed up early but I loved the Creative Intentions chill out tent x

I saw a few stalls go, ironically enough, I warned a charity stall theirs would go then returned to see it take off but they had all the help they needed. The same big gusts were busy destroying mine as I worried about their tent
    I think I saw Colin the Campervan though, one of a good few nice campers up there. Many empty spaces where stalls shoud have been but I spent a fair bit of time sat with Simon and Steve the nice folks in a clothes and incense stall to the right of the main place. I got a big mushroom sheet for the wall, got a giant one by accident so its filling my ceiling now
    Through violence you may solve one problem, but you will sow the seeds for another...

I went cos it was Glasto weekend and had to do something. Not sure would go again, there needs to be a bit more on as well as the 2 stages I think, tho spose everything needs to start somewhere. I loved Biscuithead and the Biscuit Badgers, they were my favourite act of the weekend.It was well organised and the toilets were clean If I'd had my son there also I think he would have been bored, distinct lack of kids stuff to do, and according to website there should have been lots. Sound like I'm being negative and don't mean to, still nice to have festies close to home that aren't over priced and corperate.

Not Quite a Noobie
    We bought a Biscuithead CD and its fab, we loved them my favorite act too!
    Most packed up because of the weather so hopefully the weather will be better next year.
    I took 3 little ones and they had a great time, we kept them busy dancing, conga lines through the crowd and just making up games to play. There was plenty of other children to play with too.
    I hope they keep big business out!

Quote Originally Posted by hippy babe View Post
    We bought a Biscuithead CD and its fab, we loved them my favorite act too!
    Most packed up because of the weather so hopefully the weather will be better next year.
    I took 3 little ones and they had a great time, we kept them busy dancing, conga lines through the crowd and just making up games to play. There was plenty of other children to play with too.
    I hope they keep big business out!
    I saw you doing he conga lines, it was fab! Xx