Thread: Holy moments

Noobie

Holy moments

Have any of you had moments which you would call 'transcendent', where time, space and mundane problems are irrelevant, where you are purely in the moment?

Way past the outer rings Change's Avatar
    I`ve had a few moments where I`ve thought, jeez, all the shit really doesn`t matter, when you realise what your life is really for. But these tend to be followed by great downs when you take up where you left off.

None of them felt transcendent as such, just moments of great realisation. It`s thinking back on those moments that led me here, to this site, and gave birth to my username ! ha!

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    yes...
    The first was a bonafide near death experience that was exactley as you've described... that was after my eldests birth. During labour with my middle son there were glimpses of it which i loved.
    Also after the birth of my daughter during a deep trance state wouldnt call them holy so much but definatley trancendental.
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Cheap and Cheerful Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Yes, several throughout my life and some more lasting than others - in the last couple of years I've trained myself to be able to get into that state of mind relatively easily - sometimes I allow myself to be 'spat out', but I always know I can get back there again.

Heavenly Creature
    I've had a couple of moments of great realization. It isn't something I really talk about, but it's why I would never ever call myself an 'atheist'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
    I've had a couple of moments of great realization. It isn't something I really talk about, but it's why I would never ever call myself an 'atheist'.
    The same with me.
    I started to have moments like this often after I turned seventeen. I also experianced it at the Cardiff Rathayatra festival which was pretty cool, I always feel happy around spiritual people too.

Hmm i think i did last year i got talking to a lass who d come back from tibet at a mates party i was sober i swear, but it was like she had done some voodo on me or something she just basicly told me what i needed to hear i was trying to find answers in life but somehow when we talked life and everthing over a cup of tea everything just sort of made sense. A bit like when Neo sees the oracle in The matrix it didnt make sense but in mine and her head s somehow i felt calmer and thought yea i get it now.

Chilling Out
    i had 6 months of this... which extended into on and off periods over 3 years... kinda keeps you from getting on with normal 3d reality though!! When you have experienced such bliss, reality seems so harsh, so you just spend longer and longer in bliss... but floating around all day does not get much done!!

Not Quite a Noobie
    Once. I strive to have it back