Thread: hello all , i need some hairy advise lol

hello all , i need some hairy advise lol

hey all, i am new here (first post in fact).
    has anyone got any tips or advise on premoting hair growth several times i have tryed to grow my hair out then with a bit of luck dread it but i never seem to get passed looking a bit like rodney trotter my hair grows to about 3 or 4 inches from the scalp dead fast then it just seems to wack the breaks on and not grow much more .. if anyone has any advise on what i could do to premote some more growth would be much appreciated i have herd of people making kind of a organic conditioner before that kinda acts like fertalizer for your hair (out of veg etc) but not sure if thats even possible let alone wether it works or not

Heavenly Creature
    Hey welcome to the forum!
    I have no idea what you can do to promote hair growth, other than regular trimming and eating a balanced, healthy diet. I think hair growth is genetic, and some people just cannot grow their hair to a longer length .

I haven't a clue but there will be folks on here who will have all the secrets to promoting hair growth I'm sure! Anyway, hello & welcome!

hello welcome to uk hippy........

pssst... wanna buy some snake oil?
    Seriously though: I think Elfie is right. Welcome to the hairy forum fella!

Heavenly Creature RowanColourful's Avatar
    Hey, welcome. My hair grows really slow too, but regular trimming is helping me, I have shoulder length hair, and I tip my head upside down and trim it about once a month now, it has taken a while of regular trimming to make any difference. If you are not eating well it might affect your bodies ability to grow and repair, you might need more protein or omegas or aminos or something, or some random minerals, my brain says zinc but I don't know if that is relevant at all. Also, you could try rubbing sesame oil into your hair and scalp. Sesame is, sort of, fabled to grow back hair on bald heads and turn grey hair back to coloured and all sorts of ridiculous stuff. Massaging your scalp regularly, gently pulling your hair, near the roots, every day, brushing, slowly so as not to cause breakage of hair, but firmly, these will all stimulate the scalp and help your hair to grow thick and strong and long. Hope some of that is of use

Noobie
    Hey and welcome

hey , thanks all for your advise so far and kind welcome messages.
    yer i think vitamins etc. might be the problem in my workwe always do 12 hr shifts and dont really get breaks so if where on night shift we start 7pm and finish 7am then all of a sudden we have to swap and do the oposite on day shifts. it really messes with your body and effects your eatting patern a lot so i think vitamins might be the problem here well lack of.
    I will definatly try all of your advise so far and will post later with the results ! once again thank you all

Heavenly Creature
    Eat well and massage your scalp.
    Hair grows from within, all the hair you can see is dead and trimming regularly won't make a blind bit of difference, nor will pulling it. Each individual hair has a lifespan and that is different for us all - if your hairs have a shorter lifespan they will fall out before they get to being 'long'.
    Patience mate. It's the only way.

Just celebrate the uniquity of your head, oh my brother. Peace and love.<3

Quote Originally Posted by groove st View Post
    Eat well and massage your scalp.
    Hair grows from within, all the hair you can see is dead and trimming regularly won't make a blind bit of difference, nor will pulling it. Each individual hair has a lifespan and that is different for us all - if your hairs have a shorter lifespan they will fall out before they get to being 'long'.
    Patience mate. It's the only way.
    yer i think you are right lol i read on a website that hair if left alone should achive about 6 inches a year on average so i think no hair product lots of keeping it healthy and just leave it to do its thing is the way foward...even if it does mean looking like im wearing a crash helmet for a bit lol

Heavenly Creature RowanColourful's Avatar
    Maybe a hat or head band that you can enjoy would be a way of managing your hair while you are growing it? Hair a few inches long is often long enough to get in your eyes and not long enough to tie up, maybe you could make or buy yourself one.

Quote Originally Posted by RowanColourful View Post
    Maybe a hat or head band that you can enjoy would be a way of managing your hair while you are growing it? Hair a few inches long is often long enough to get in your eyes and not long enough to tie up, maybe you could make or buy yourself one.
    out of work i do wear slouchy beanies alot just at work it might be a problem ill see how it goes lol or find a new job whichever works best

Welcome!! Don`t be worrying bout your hair on here we can`t see it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by emmadilemma View Post
    Welcome!! Don`t be worrying bout your hair on here we can`t see it anyway
    lol true enough but one day i might go to a festival and fellow ukhippy users may see me and then what would they think haha