THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Travelling Scrapbook Thread

Sounds good. But I'm hoping you won't get in touch with people on the list, unless they're still active here. Otherwise they'll say they're up for it but....

Probably updating the thread with the list in it would be sufficient, rather than messaging.

im on here everyday and still interested
    voted nicest member..........thats what they think

individual fruit trifle beachcomber's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by sensamelia
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    im on here everyday and still interested

I still follow its progress (or lack of progress!) whenever the thread's updated.
    Let's Marvel At Owls :)

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    fekk i've had two babies since it first started... am still in
    think it be a good idea to have a central poster person in theory but in practice that's gonna cost that person a fortune in postage...
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Which is why I suggested that I post it out because I have a few sneaky channels I can send it out through
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

why don't we see who's still in first.... There might not be any need to keep posting it back to you if there is only a few of us still interested!! Who was after Beth? And i not being funny, as i love Beth to bits, but she's not active here
    we need to get clear on this....

Originally Posted by Sarah
    why don't we see who's still in first.... There might not be any need to keep posting it back to you if there is only a few of us still interested!! Who was after Beth? And i not being funny, as i love Beth to bits, but she's not active here
    we need to get clear on this....
    I was thinking the same thing Sarah, Beth is missed greatly but I think it.has to be one rule for all, not limited to active members except the ones some of us know on Facebook, its not really fair. I'm interested in taking part in this too
    We make a living by what we make.......
    We make a life by what we give......

Posting back to stardust to post on won't help as its the posting on that is the issue, can't see how posting it to stardust or to the next one on the list will be any different
    I trundle along with my house on my back but im not a tortoise

i think that whomever is posting on this thread is obviously still interested so this thread should form the basis of a rejigged list maybe?

Can I suggest that it is scanned and the completed pages placed on this site, somewhere for all to see, before it goes any further than the next contributor?
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

pretty sure that Beth said last year that she was gonna scan it all in when it got to her
    be nice to see it so far

Im not very active in posting but I do read a lot. Still very interested in being involved.

We could scan postal receipts if it helps?

I feel the same as Boz. I don't post much, but I pop in from time to time. The scrapbook is something I'd really love to contribute to and see everyone else's contributions, too.

im definitely in on this
    ive done a few travelling notebooks in the past and im always happy to play another game of it! plus it means i can do some silly doodles in it :P

i'd still like to be involved in this too :/ i guess it is difficult to get people to pass it on when they're busy without seeming like nagging... but perhaps as we've had so many of these threads people will be better at doing it efficiently!
    we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

I would prefer to make a page and post it to someone to include in the book,scanning and posting all pages in an album on here would be a great way to share it.
    Worrier on the edge of time.

Divine Light princesstigermouse's Avatar
    I'm gonna be honest and say that I really doubt this will work any better this time around, but I guess it'll be a nice surprise if it does
    xx spring xx

so have we decided what we are doing yet ??

is someone going to co-ordinate this and see if we can get it finished (sent on to the people from the original list who are still interested?) No offence to the lady who posted and said she'd like to take part but I think we shouldn't have any new participants until all the people who have wanted to do it for ages and ages have had their go... n then see if there are any pages left etc!

This is the list from the thread that Noctula started when it resurfaced, minus the people that wanted to be involved but haven't posted to say they are still interested...

• Starpoi
    • Colours
    • Claireaitchbee
    • Stardust
    • Sensi
    • Sarah
    • Boz
    • Kaiya
    • Beachcomber
    • Ms Vee
    • Twister
    • ElfqueenofRohan

I propose that we get strict!!!! TWO WEEKS EACH THEN POST IT ON!!!!!!!! we could get through the list in 6 months give or take!!!

Has the book arrived with Beth yet does anyone know??

Yup, I can confirm it has arrived
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

i was thinking would it help if there was *less* time? cos i know before lots of people posted it on after several weeks rather than the two weeks because it could be easy to think i have ages i'll do it later and then forget about it. but if you know you should do it and post it on in only a week you'd get on with it right away? but maybe that's too pressurey!!
    we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

yep, i think people should do their page as soon as they get it and pass it on asap. If we can get some momentum going that would be great
    when people are getting addresses from next person on list, there is the potential for people to say "actually i'm mega busy for a few weeks, go to next person on list" and then communicate that here and put yourself back on the list for a later time...

Hi, Please could colours send the book onto Stardust first, and then she can give it to me after, as I will be busy in 4 weeks time. (if it runs to time.. ) ta muchly.. then I will post onto Sensi.

Oh, just one other thing, what size is the book? I could make some plans before I get it then...
    Last edited by claireaitchbee; 22-02--2013 at 05:19 PM.
    :waves: happy face? hope so, like them!!

So...

Where be the book then?

I was starting to wonder the same. I will nudge Beth.