THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Travelling Scrapbook Thread

Sex
    Female

The Definitive Travelling Scrapbook Thread

Has anyone seen or heard of where it is?
    :waves: happy face? hope so, like them!!

Sex
    Female
    I messages freaky fairy on facebook and she said she was going to have a look for it and get back to me.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Sex
    Female
    any news??
    :waves: happy face? hope so, like them!!

Hope its not lost
    voted nicest member..........thats what they think

Sex
    Female
    Are there any photos of legendary scrap book?

Sex
    Male
    Trust a hippy. "I got stoned & I misplaced it" It will turn up on cash in the attic, or the old bus carboot sale. Lets hope it isn't Antiques on the road show.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

Sex
    Female
    It has surfaced via Facebook!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think perhaps we need a new way of organising it. Is this the second or third attempt now??
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

how hard can it be though for peeps to just complete thier page and then post it on

Sex
    Female
    I think we need a central co-ordinator as the pass it on method doesn't seem to have worked so far.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Twister's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    How can it get lost this many times? This sucks, it's a brilliant idea and much more fun (passing it around I mean) than just all making our pages and sending to one person, but I think it might have to come to that else it's never going to get finished.

Could we not all make pages and send em to one person to stick in a scrapbook. That person could take photos of all the pages and post em here so we can all see it, and then the book could come to gatherings and things so that people could look through it without it getting lost?

I know that isn't as fun as passing it around, but it's getting a bit ridiculous now, we're on what, book three?! And it's never gotten past the first few people
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    anic:
    I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.
    Let's see what needles do.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Twister
    Could we not all make pages and send em to one person to stick in a scrapbook. That person could take photos of all the pages and post em here so we can all see it, and then the book could come to gatherings and things so that people could look through it without it getting lost?
    I think that's probably the only solution. I remember there being a discussion years ago that we could scan them in in high res and actually make copies so that everyone who wants one can have a copy each. I would be happy to take that one on, as it seems pretty obvious that the current method doesn't work.

Sex
    Female
    when did Chegzy first suggest it? How many years ago?

I've moved house 3 times since I think . . .
    inspiring others towards happiness brings you happiness

I think thats a brill idea twister im up for that

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    hey praps it just needed to rest for a bit... At least its not lost
    i don't wanna do it unless the book comes here... The whole point was that it travelled... I want to see the book and feel the pictures, not view them on only on the screen.... Life happens.... Its turned up
    get it sent on its way and jobsagoodun
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

Sex
    Male
    I heard it had been printed out on to tea towels and they were being sold around Brighton market. Only joking.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.
    The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

UK Hippy Reiki Doula Editor Sarah's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    fuckin good idea though
    If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing.

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Sarah
    The whole point was that it travelled... I want to see the book and feel the pictures, not view them on only on the screen....
    Oh I totally agree, it's much more fun to do it that way
    Just don't think it's very fair on the people who have put time and effort into their pages for the book to then go missing. This isn't the original book is it, it's book two, if not book three - the first one had some awesome stuff in it and then got lost
    If it can be done as originally planned, and made to work efficiently, then i'm all for it

Sex
    Female
    It was May 2008 when Chegzy came up with the idea, so nearly five years ago ... in that time the book has only gotten through about 6 people, gotten lost several times along the way, and had to be replaced at least once
    If we're going to keep it as a travelling book, we have to find a better way of keeping it moving

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by stardust
    It has surfaced via Facebook!
    Has Freaky Fairy posted it on to anyone yet then?

Sex
    Female
    About to go to starpoi

Sex
    Male
    Hoooray!!!! Lets keep it firmly among people currently active in the forum

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Chazz
    Hoooray!!!! Lets keep it firmly among people currently active in the forum
    I totally agree. Perhaps we need to update the list, find out who's still interested. Then only send it on to people once they've confirmed they're still up for it. Either that or have one central person who sends the book on and has it sent back to them to send on to the next person and so on, so that they always know where it is. That way they know who to chase if it vanishes again!!

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by stardust
    Either that or have one central person who sends the book on and has it sent back to them to send on to the next person and so on, so that they always know where it is. That way they know who to chase if it vanishes again!!
    That would be the way forward if we wanna keep it travelling, I reckon. It's no-one's fault really, i'm terrible at keeping to deadlines myself, but we definitely need to find a more efficient way of doing it else it'll be about two decades before it gets round everyone!

Sex
    Female
    If other people are happy with the idea, I'm happy to be the central person/chaser. I've been on here every day for over seven years now, I'm not going to disappear any time soon. And even if I did, most of you know where to find me!

That way we'd keep it travelling and everyone would get to see it for real, but I can also scan it in each time it comes back so that if it disappears again it's not lost forever.