THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to meet gay hippies?

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Just raising my head above the parapet here. I'm never sure how sound my hippy credentials might be, but my boyfriend could vouch for the gay part. I don't have much interest in the so-called "scene", but manage to haul myself along to get involved in a number of gay human rights campaigns.

Someone mentioned Gaydar. I suspect it would have limited value in this search unless it has changed a lot since the time I was a member. It was always more of a meat warehouse.

Although I have yet to meet face-to-face with anyone else here (not always for want of trying) I would be happy to try and meet others at a social gathering of some kind.

Noobie
    Thanks Johnbythesea, I am hoping to go to a gathering at folleterre this summer, interested in the castle gathering and Glastonbury
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by trebor

The European Rainbow gathering will be in Wales in 2013, have you thought about doing a queer hippy tent there?
    This is a great idea!

Originally Posted by Mayfly
    I'm sure there is a gay farming hippy on here, seem to remember a thread somewhere
    Can't help wondering if that's me and my missus!?!

Hiya Jam, Big hugs from us here at the farm. Don't forget you are always welcome.

Pleasure seeing you on here. Good bunch of people.
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well" Mother Julian of Norwich

Originally Posted by Mayfly
    I'm sure there is a gay farming hippy on here, seem to remember a thread somewhere

Originally Posted by GyroLady
    Can't help wondering if that's me and my missus!?!
    Seems there's a few gay farmers about then, though the thread was over six years back...

as already said before im planning on going to folterre next year...anytime from feb, so if you wanna join let me know
    i'll be getting down by non-plane means

Hi,

Yes, I'm gay too, I'm 37 and as soon as finances allow I'm buying a Narrowboat to liveaboard and when works stops getting in the way I'll be off exploring the 4400 river/canal network. Just bought a rustic Mercedes Camper, joined UKH and hoping to meet some like-minded peeps too, maybe meet somebody, my Life at the moment is in an age-old comfort bubble that I need to step out of - hence endulging my inner-hippiness here. I may have to go some of the festivals that you guys have suggested to, so thank you!

Noobie
    I wonder the same thing, it never comes up at parties and i am so disconnected from the gay scene, i'm starting to think it's an impossible feat. Perhaps this could be the official gay hippies dating thread? Everyone put your nicest shoes on.

Turning On
    Hi Psilo Tate

I did some digging around for you and I know these are not specifically hippy but you have a good chance of finding hippies in the pagan community.

I found paganpartners.co.uk and queerpagancamp.org. If you do searches under gay pagans instead of gay hippies, you may have more luck.

Turning On
    Was also thinking you could start a Gay Hippy Group on here or a Gay Hippy Facebook (shudder) page or your own online gay network. I agree - the Rainbow family/gathering UK may have a gay group. if it were me, I'd go to some cool hippy festivals, not any of the horrible mainstream ones - and sit with a board on a blanket. Gay Hippies Wanted For Friends - us hippies love that stuff. You'd make friends with everyone at the festival.

I have the same problem, im a female and im bi.
    Ive never met a girl with the same mindset as me

I wish you luck though!

Originally Posted by keefee
    Yes, I'm gay too, I'm 37 and as soon as finances allow I'm buying a Narrowboat to liveaboard and when works stops getting in the way I'll be off exploring the 4400 river/canal network...
    Let me know when you are coming though The Fens and I'll put the kettle on. You'll have to come past my boat (assuming I'm around at the time) if you are travelling from the Bedford area towards the rest of the system.

Noobie

is the Facebook group

I am predominantly gay, but as my hippy sensibilities have developed I've wanted to describe myself as bisexual or queer instead. I think this comes naturally to us because we're not inclined to pre-close off the range of possible life experiences with 50% or so of the human race.

I am sort of in recovery from being quite mainstream scene-oriented in my teens and early twenties... it's certainly a different world to the hippy world
    The following users think this post is groovy: moso

not been an active member for a while, but another option xx
    [apologies: gay - outdoor - club]

I've had these issues, being bi and transgender. I also want to date people local to me, which narrows it even more!

I think the problem I have with dating guys I meet in spaces that aren't specifically queer is that it's very easy to assume they are straight as it rarely comes up unless they are with someone (as long as they are polyamerous it's ok!). I can vouch for queer pagan camp, it's a great event!

Also ok cupid is a great dating site where you answer loads of questions and they match you up with people in a scarily accurate way. I've met some awesome like-minded people through that!
    Using Tapatalk
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rusty Surfer

Noobie
    Hello Chaps,

Did you get round to buying your boat yet? I too am a gaymosexual and just waiting for the sale of my house to complete so that I can buy my narrowboat and become and a very chilled out live aboard. It'd be nice to know that there's more of the gay community living on the canals.
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Another queer hippie here feeling stuck in the matrix! Can anyone tell me more about this castle people spoke of? There must be a group of people in london that meet perhaps?

Noobie
    Hi guys, I struggle to find them. I do know one gay male hippy but he's not really my type. Would love to find some more if anyone is in the west yorkshire area please get in touch

Tuning In
    I know this is an old thread but I'm 27 and a gay Hippy in cornwall, finding like minded people down here seems like an impossible task :P

This all sounds like another very good reason for this to go ahead

i am too looking for a likeminded person (maybe around my age?) for hangouts and stuff

im new in the uk and still struggling to make friends,...

Originally Posted by trippyCub
    ...(maybe around my age?) ...
    Which is?

Originally Posted by marshlander
    Which is?
    oh sorry i thought it showes up,.. i need to fix it........ im 24!

Hi I've enjoyed reading though all these comments I also find it hard to find any gay hippies where I live, I live in the Midlands UK I would like to point out I'm a hairdresser and also a hippie so not all hairdressers are camp and living in gay clubs, gay hippies have to be out there somewhere lol xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Originally Posted by fraifro
    Hi I've enjoyed reading though all these comments I also find it hard to find any gay hippies where I live, I live in the Midlands UK I would like to point out I'm a hairdresser and also a hippie so not all hairdressers are camp and living in gay clubs, gay hippies have to be out there somewhere lol xx

There are plenty about...just keep looking