Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to meet gay hippies?

I will always be looking lol (not sure what the laughing guy is for hopefully it's ment in a nice way?)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Of course, just found this funny

I would like to point out I'm a hairdresser and also a hippie so not all hairdressers are camp and living in gay clubs, gay hippies have to be out there somewhere lol xx
    Thers a few of us on here and Ive met more on the road so as I say, keep looking youll find them/us
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

My youngest son is gay and hippy, but he does not dress (as people think we all dress) as say I get labelled as hippy by my clothes...but he is in spirit ..heart and mind and that is what "hippy" is about not the outside wrapper
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

..and that is why he finds it hard to find someone who is like him in heart and spirit..as being in London the gay scence ..clubs..etc are very hmmm?? Not what he is into so to speak and finds the gay scence a bit manic..full on in your face if that makes sense and more about a good time than someone real looking for something meaningful...No i am not dissing or labelling all like this...I am just saying it through my sons seeing eyes and his feelings as yes i am his mother but I am also his friend and so he does openly share his thoughts and feelings with me ..as a friend and a mother if you can understand what i mean

So it was great to see this thread and read what you say and help you give to people who are feeling like my son does

So thanks guys and i wish you all good luck and wish you all well in finding and looking for love ..peace and happiness
    )
    ((((Hugggs))))......Peace xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, nicklincs

im sure there is plenty hehehehe (~_________~)

Tuning In
    I know the feelings of not wanting to be part of the "scene " all too well, but i wont even go to a pub as mostly they're full of revved up idiots.
    I suppose living outside the molds is good but it can get very lonely and tough at times
    One love
    Simon x
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, marshlander

Hi all...hippy gay/lesbian waves from here in the East Midlands.
    I was wondering how many members are gay here, so your thread has been interesting for me also.
    Perhaps a section for LGBT may prove fruitful for anyone interested in getting to know one another with similar outlooks and lifestyles?
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, cornwall87, marshlander, nicklincs

Noobie
    Knock knock
    I live between South Wales, Bristol and London. But manchester ain't too far
    anywho... Growlr/Scruff/Bearworld.. you can find me as 'cuddlethecub'

No peeking for those of you not interested
    hahaha

** I was hopin this post would be directly attached to the post I was replying to.. this seems outta place! lol.... Anyway.. message was for 'Trippycub' **

Noobie

Yep.. I typed 'gay hippies'

And this was one of the first results. Perhaps even first one? Can't remember now...

Thought I'd try a new approach, as clearly I have a habit of going wwoofing around the UK when it's almost winter, so there are less volunteers hehe... so less odds of meetin someone.

I'm another gay hippie. Wanting to live in the woods someday, hopefully in Wales if all goes well. Wanna build my little log cabin/cob house, grow food, play the rest of the day.. the good life huh

I've had this feeling for a while (and also an observation from years being on gay dating websites where I make it very clear what kind of person I am), that this kind of lifestyle only seems to attract gay men from North America... I guess for them the concept of living off grid is much more real than it is here in the UK...

So yeah.. any gay hippie viking bears with permanent beards (cuz beards keep you warm on winter nights!) Gimme a shout
    hehe...

Noobie
    I've just had a quick search... we think we're all alone, but clearly we can't be. On this website alone, it appears there are (or have been) 233 gay men, and 126 lesbian women.

Start hunting

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

Originally Posted by tektoms
    I've just had a quick search... we think we're all alone, but clearly we can't be. On this website alone, it appears there are (or have been) 233 gay men, and 126 lesbian women.

Start hunting
    Sometimes I can't help myself ...

Happy hunting.

xx

Tektoms This has always been a dream of mine as well!!! One day I'm sure it will happen for both of us xx
    Last edited by fraifro; 09-11--2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added more

Tuning In
    I'm living on the side of a (very windy) Valley in Cornwall fully off grid
    x

Wow that sounds amazing!! Very jealous of you right now lol I will be living the dream one day I know it just me, my fella and my dog all living off the land!! Can't wait

Maybe we are covering the whole country with our gay hippy vibes.
    Perhaps a national flag flying day just for us all?! Lol

Tuning In
    its an invasion!!!!!! hehe x
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobout

Noobie
    Bisexual hippy here who lives in the Uk. I used to live in Australia and actually found alot of gay hippies and plenty of bisexual hippies. They seemed to sort of be a merging of hippies/punks in Australia and alot of both the punks and hippies where gay/bisexual (I am well aware that they are not the same thing). I lived for a short time in an anarchist household with a straight man (Aboriginal), A gay couple (But like the typical in your face sissy couple complete with Ikea lust and dreams of being financiers with links to the fashion industry), A bisexual male (With extreme OCD) and a genderfluid person who was assigned female. I found that there are plenty of people who are gay or bisexual in hippy circles out there so it is not to do with the sub-culture from my understanding I just think people in the UK are more repressed and less open about their own sexuality.

Yep defo...Brits tend to be somewhat less open. I also use to live in Oz (among other places) and find generally as a nation they are more vocal about things...same in NZ, I found.
    However...I'm unsure that I came across many *hippy* LGBT folk.

I can't seem to meet ANY
    hippies where I live in Scotland!

Originally Posted by popuptoaster
    I would have thought there would be the same proportion of gay hippies as gay anything else. I'm bi and I'm fixing up my van to live in, can't say I've met that many hands on gay guys over the years but maybe I have and they just keep a low profile.

I tend to do "blokey" stuff (other than sports) like messing about with cars and metal work and stuff, my non work friends are open and easy about sexuality but in day to day life I don't move in the kind of circles where its ever been made obvious to me even though some of them must be gay.

Not all gay guys can be working as hairdressers, stylists and interior designers surely?
    In all the years I spent on the road or as a member of the larger Co Leitrim alternative diaspora I never met a single bloke who was either openly gay or suspected of being in the closet.

I only ever met one woman who confessed to be bisexual! on the road, one! Now we all know this is bollocks, almost without exception every girlfriend I ever had was bi-sexual.

What does this all mean?

Originally Posted by Hexen Hour
    almost without exception every girlfriend I ever had was bi-sexual.

What does this all mean?
    That you prefer bisexual chicks?
    Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Foozberry

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    That you prefer bisexual chicks?
    God yeah

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

In all the years I spent on the road or as a member of the larger Co Leitrim alternative diaspora I never met a single bloke who was either openly gay or suspected of being in the closet ...

... What does this all mean?
    Perhaps you met men who valued their privacy? The prevailing local culture may have encouraged prudence?

I have no idea what signals I may give out, if any. I know what I see in others and I daresay I am wrong at least as often as I may be right. I suppose only people who have met me might be able to answer. I'm happy to talk about my life and work in conversation and popuptoaster is right ... like me, most of the other gay men I know are not hairdressers, stylists or interior designers. Now I come to think of it I'm not sure I actually know any gay men in those lines of work. <starts counting among personal acquaintances and friends computer engineers, programmers, motor mechanics, high-end furniture artisans, builders, decorators, teachers, care workers, social workers, doctors, nurses, musicians, dancers, writers, journalists, sales persons, bar staff, airline cabin crew, shop workers, new and used car salespersons, charity shop used furniture sales, military personnel ... bored now, so etcetera, etcetera, etcetera>
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rusty Surfer

I was being coy. In my humble opinion I would say that the traveller scene in the 80's was so macho (and on occasion dangerous) I think it may well have put people off being open about their sexuality, Traveller types were some of the straightest people I knew (I don't mean sexuality) I know absolutely stacks of men and women who are gay and totally open, including my own daughter and her wife and my best mate at work, no such issues, I wouldn't have expected that across an entire movement, which is what it was.

which is what it was.
    It was a product of its time. the strength of a counter culture is little more than a reflection of the strength of the mainstream society that spawned it and as, in a way, it is an unatural inorganically grown counter culture anyway, its immature( as in young and not fully developed) society has little space for too much thinking independent of the predominant consensus opinions within that group, once the single minded strength of opinion of the maintream society is eroded, so to is that of the counter culture allowing more space for alternative attitudes, including expressions of sexuality and gender.

People trying so hard to fit in to a groups that was by and large a haven for outcasts. if society rejects you, and so does the counter culture, what next?