THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How to meet gay hippies?

[QUOTE=Languid Virago;1451285]It was a product of its time. the strength of a counter culture is little more than a reflection of the strength of the mainstream society that spawned it and as, in a way, it is an unatural inorganically grown counter culture anyway, its immature( as in young and not fully developed) society has little space for too much thinking independent of the predominant consensus opinions within that group, once the single minded strength of opinion of the maintream society is eroded, so to is that of the counter culture allowing more space for alternative attitudes, including expressions of sexuality and gender.

I agree, I do.

The issue IMHO was that two many types from deep in the city believed the the lies in the gutter press, they read they could behave anyway they liked, so they did, to anyone they liked, including other travellers. Interlectual seldom went beyond finding the cheapest source of Special Brew

Going on the road was a bit of a shock, I expected everyone to be "Right on" So many young children taking and selling drugs way back when. No one seemed to think it was that big a deal, even when one little lass I knew sold the acid she had nicked from her dad to a reporter from The Star.

Still active?

Heya,

New hippie lad over here. Looking for like minded lads, any advice?

Would be great
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Ailill
    Heya,

New hippie lad over here. Looking for like minded lads, any advice?

Would be great
    Depends where you are and what it is you are really seeking. I've made some lovely friends on here just by writing to people and arranging to meet with some of them. One or two are gay as well.

I suppose if I have advice to offer it's to join in with the discussions so that people can begin to get an idea of who you are.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Noobie
    The 'gay world' can be a very alienating place, it's cool to know there are other gay guys out there who are turned off by consumerism and superficiality! I live in London but dream of living in the country, with other like-minded people, with no superfluity or disharmony; maybe it'll happen one day...

Seb

Originally Posted by organicjam
    Hello
    anic: Just wondering if any gay hippies use this forum, I'm 24, live in south Wales.

Wanna live in a roundhouse, travel the world and be free - most gay men I meet would like to do the opposite!

Big love
    Jam
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander, nicklincs, NomadicRT

I'm a gay guy and have some "hippy values". I often feel lonely at times because regular "neurotypicals" don't get me and neither do intellectuals. It would be great to connect with some like minded people.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, marshlander, nicklincs, NomadicRT

Yo
    I'm gay and people call me a hippy so, here I am
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, marshlander

Originally Posted by Zambaku
    Yo
    I'm gay and people call me a hippy so, here I am
    That almost read like, "Come and get me!"

The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT, Rick69

Originally Posted by marshlander
    That almost read like, "Come and get me!"

If i could draw your attention to the post below...

The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Well, I am a bit of a rabbit when it comes to sex, so...=)
    Love everyone, even those who hate you, because they need your love the most.
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Not Quite a Noobie lone_woodsman's Avatar
    Gay Trucker here with a campervan too

Originally Posted by lone_woodsman
    Gay Trucker here with a campervan too
    ... with a fabulous handle too ... so to speak

like minded guy here too, cool, although I slide on the bi side of life.
    Summer is coming!

Noobie
    Original poster here, laughing lots because I just Googled how to meet gay hippies and this was the first result! What a wonderful thing to find, totally forgot. I would like to meet you all! Thanks for cheering me up loads xxxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, marshlander

Noobie
    I should also add that I joined the faeries as suggested on this thread many years ago.I've met two (now ex) boyfriends through them and grown alot as a person. Google albion faeries if your interested. But yet I still wonder how to meet gay hippies in South Wales! Trying 'outdoor lads' at the end of the month. Gotta get out there to have a chance init!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, marshlander

I should also add that I joined the faeries as suggested on this thread many years ago.I've met two (now ex) boyfriends through them and grown alot as a person. Google albion faeries if your interested. But yet I still wonder how to meet gay hippies in South Wales! Trying 'outdoor lads' at the end of the month. Gotta get out there to have a chance init!
    I Wish You Good Luck In Finding Someone OrganicJam And Lots Of Love..Peace...Happiness Along The Way
    ))
    Form From The Void & Mists

Original poster here, laughing lots because I just Googled how to meet gay hippies and this was the first result! What a wonderful thing to find, totally forgot. I would like to meet you all! Thanks for cheering me up loads xxxx
    Come to Dovedale! You might meet one ...

having spent some time many years ago in south wales i conluded that meeting *people* is hard enough, whether gay or straight, so i would say look further afield, and don't beat yourself up.
    unless sheep are your thing, which i'm quite sure they're not. if they are though, asda car park in Merthyr......
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper