THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Old Hippie Films

Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by midnight^star
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I used to love that JC Superstar as a kid, it was probably my first inspiration into hippydom...he he..
    lol i fancied him...well i was catholic
    i am better now

Sex
    Male
    alices restaurant, freebird,easy rider, still crazy for me and there was a tv series called kissy about a gypsy girl in the 70's if you find a copy of that look out for the two lads sitting on the wall in wooly hats , its my best mate ans me , it was filmed in our village and at our school
    Back in Black .

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by joss
    alices restaurant, freebird,easy rider, still crazy for me and there was a tv series called kissy about a gypsy girl in the 70's if you find a copy of that look out for the two lads sitting on the wall in wooly hats , its my best mate ans me , it was filmed in our village and at our school
    OMG your donna say you were in Follyfoot and Pippy lonstockings next

Originally Posted by Mayfly
    OMG your donna say you were in Follyfoot and Pippy lonstockings next
    Ra ra the lightning tree.... I liked the greaser dude in follyfoot

Sex
    Female
    One day when I've learnt to spell gonna I'll watch a film. What about the excellent Armistead Maupin Tales of the city all about a San fransisco boarding house, excellent in book and episodes.
    Forgot all about mash oh the joys
    I love you Alice. B. Toklas sixties comedy all about hash cakes, it'd be rude not to

And JC I used to watch that least twice a week when I visited my mate, know all the words to this day, think she worked her way through the deciples and probably the marys as well.

Sex
    Female

Sir Henry and his wrinkled retainer, madness finely brewed Sir Henry at Rawlingson End , all hail Viv

Sex
    Female
    This is really tongue in cheek, but it's a Peter Sellers classic!

bee kind....build a bee a house...
    bee a honey....plant a bee lovely blooms

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Bungo
    Can we get away with Apocalypse Now , great film.
    i reckon we can..oh no one,i wondered who noone was

Sex
    Female
    Is Withnail and I allowed? cause it should be, getting that time of year for marinated lounge infront of Withnail

Sex
    Female
    one to remember there mf

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Twister
    I have Into The West on dvd, such a lovely film
    Flashback (with Dennis Hopper in) is my favourite hippy film, though it isn't British.
    Is Kiefer Sutherland in that too? If so I have been trying to remember the name of that for forever!

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by groove st
    Is Kiefer Sutherland in that too?
    It would appear so!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    Wicked, I remember seeing it years ago and loved it but couldn't remember what it was called! Now I can look for it
    thanks

Sex
    Male
    @Mayfly. All hail Viv 2nd-ed, a true genius and a sad loss.

Sir Henry:-
    "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink....I'd spend it on drink!"

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by turmoil
    @Mayfly. All hail Viv 2nd-ed, a true genius and a sad loss.

Sir Henry:-
    "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink....I'd spend it on drink!"
    Excellent Quote there Turmoil

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Twister's Avatar
    Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by groove st
    Is Kiefer Sutherland in that too? If so I have been trying to remember the name of that for forever!
    That's the one. Awesome film
    I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.
    Let's see what needles do.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Twister's Avatar
    Sex
    Female
    I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.
    Let's see what needles do.

Sex
    Female
    the big lebowski-there are few to match jeff bridges

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Angio
    the big lebowski-there are few to match jeff bridges
    All hail The DUDE!

Sex
    Male
    Just came across this, seems way out! Nickel Queen, anyone seen it all before?

Sex
    Male
    Waddya know,

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Hibernator
    All hail The DUDE!
    THE DUDE

Sex
    Female
    [QUOTE=clash;1195701]Waddya know,

[/QUOTE;one to bookmark for study,us and them?

Sex
    Male
    Fear and loathing in las vegas

also the documentary about Hunter S Thompson- Gonzo, the life and work of Dr Hunter S Thompson- is a good film