THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alan Watts

Heavenly Creature
    I think he is better to listen to than read, as I believe he described himself as a philosophical entertainer.....and I think the pauses and the way he speaks helps to understand the points he's making.......sometimes the books can seem very complicated when he's actually making the simplest of points.....I used to fall asleep to his meditation cassette...

love listening to Alan Watts, also Terence Mckenna.

Alan Watts 2

Wickerman Started a thread under the heading 'Alan Watts' I tried to post this video but it wouldn't let me for some reason. So decided to start another thread using same title.
    So here is a video I put together just over a year ago with Alan Watts giving a Lecture on LSD.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

P's Buddha and the Dharma was a Facebook page that I started but unfortunately it stopped working about 2 months ago.
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

I could listen to Alan Watts all day, he was just brilliant.

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Bi-G
    So decided to start another thread using same title.
    Merged them together for you
    The following users think this post is groovy: oddballdave

I love Alan Watts, great to see some other fans of his!

Been meaning to get back into listening to him but always find it difficult to know where to start as the lectures that are up on youtube are very disorganised, so THANK YOU so much for the playlist!

Originally Posted by Starling
    I've been listening to his lectures on YouTube over the last couple of months.
    's a playlist.

Glad I found this!

Originally Posted by Paul
    I had this done today, my favourite Alan Watts quote...

Love it and it's sooo true!!

I have just stumbled across Alan Watts since the end of last year, for many many years I have struggled with text written by so many different teachers which has taken up so much time and a lot of effort, Then I find Alan Watts, who makes it oh so simple and beautiful...Any of you guys with a slight interest , cut to the chase and go straight to Mr Watts ...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer, NomadicRT

Hes my favorite...loads of his full lectures on youtube and the alan watts electronic university, alanwatts.org websites and on lastfm
    Last edited by NomadicRT; 04-01--2017 at 09:03 PM.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Lightbringer

I came across this , two of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century maybe? ... When Alan Watts met Carl Jung !
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Listened to some good talks of his a few years ago on the psychedelic salon podcast -

Seems that some podcast featuring him had to be taken down but are still available at internet archive -

Alan Watts inspires me, his lectures pretty much sum up my personal mini-library of alternative books, I love listening to his lectures, right now I am listening to him, I listen to him most nights.

I also like this Mark Twain clay animation, it is kind of creepy, but it makes one think.....

I've just started listening to this guy in the last couple of weeks, coincidentally.

Heavenly Creature
    Brilliant, I've been into his stuff for many years

lone wolf survivalist.
    that's the second name today I have never heard of.