THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden things

That looks brilliant - wonderful skills. I would love to have a go at that. I used to work in forestry and tree surgery etc until a shoulder injury stopped the fun. Now I'm stuck in an office, but I'd give anything to be back outdoors and working with wood.

Sorry to hear that, it can be pretty hard on the body! It's nice to play with smaller stuff.Went on a log to chair course just amazing what you can make with your own hands. I see it as a family heirloom!! Lol

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by dilangar
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sorry to hear that, it can be pretty hard on the body! It's nice to play with smaller stuff.Went on a log to chair course just amazing what you can make with your own hands. I see it as a family heirloom!! Lol

d=1362036062
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a beautiful chair. That definitely has a right to become a family heirloom.

I know I can't swing a chainsaw around for too long nowadays. Dislocating my shoulder 5 times and operations etc to try and repair it have taught me that.......but I still love working with wood. I'm gonna try to find a wood turning course to attend this year if I can afford it. Then I can make up some bowls and other stuff as well as doing my wood burning.

Check out green wood creations, again it's a small world round here and there doesn't always have to be money involved! Good old barter. I swapped milling credits to make the chair.....nurture your love

Green Wood Creations looks great. I will find a way to do this and some turning........somehow!

I've been asked to do a cheeseboard with a pic of someones house on for a present. Just sketched out the drawing. Now its time to fire up the burner.

I'll try and remember to take some pics as I go on this one.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Twister's Avatar
    Awesome stuff
    Here's some things i've made, pirate clock, keyring and candle holders

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.
    Let's see what needles do.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, MrsP

If you make the clocks to sell on Twister i`d definitely buy one. Love it!

Nice stuff Twister!

The latest project - a cheeseboard with a pic of someone's house that I was asked to do.

A couple more - just trying out different woods and burning heats/textures

Love the unfinished carving chillicamper, how big is it? i can imagine how difficult that's been to keep symmetrical.

The carving is about 8-9 inches across and 1.5-2 inches thick. I will get round to finishing it one day. When the weather is better and I can sit on the patio in the evening. It's been too cold to sit outside carving recently and there is no space indoors.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Twister's Avatar

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    If you make the clocks to sell on Twister i`d definitely buy one. Love it!
    Haven't made any to sell, this one is mine and is on my wall, but am happy to do one for you if you're serious, PM me?
    I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.
    Let's see what needles do.

Brilliant skull and bones clock Twister ha kool! and keyring, very nice, didnt see them last time.

Had a go at some different shding techniques on a medieval farmhouse pic.

And following on from that......decided to try an image of one of my fave places - Corfe Castle

And now for something slightly different

A steampunk lady

and a steam punk motorbike

Originally Posted by Chillicamper
    And now for something slightly different

A steampunk lady

and a steam punk motorbike

Love the bike!
    It reminds me of a bike i once saw on a Mayday run to Hastings many moons ago which had a Hillman Imp engine in it.
    Let's Kick Robots Out Of Music!

Cheers Hibernator!

The latest attempt - a showman's traction engine

And another one.......when I get stressed at work, I always seem to do more burning at home. This time an old american style steam train

And another - it's been crap at work, so the output on the burning at home is going up!
    Lightweight land rover in mud

individual fruit trifle beachcomber's Avatar
    I wish I could convert work related stress into creative energy! Those are amazing
    Let's Marvel At Owls :)

And now for something completely different.......a steampunk air galleon