THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden things

Wooden things

I couldn't find a thread where these would really fit, so here goes with some wooden stuff. Feel free to add anything wood/tree related

Firstly, a steampunk fairy that I made

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a steam punk unicorn

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and a steampunk dalek

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, gonga, Maragold, patchypete, PDCambs, treestump

Here's a carving that has been a work in progress for quite a while. One day I will finish it.

It's loosely based on a image of a sun god carving I saw once.

A tree of life burning

and another

The following users think this post is groovy: athanor, Danann, jopo

a bit of split oak with a saying burnt on

and a green man clock

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

All of the above are made by me. However, as this thread is a tree hugger/woodie thread, this is a tree hugger pic that I love. I wish I knew who had made it.

Can we see some other beautiful wood/tree pics please.
    The following users think this post is groovy: athanor, Autumnbelle, Danann, genty, jopo, treestump

Some nice stuff there dude
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

Chillicamper............as someone who was ,and still is, complete rubbish at woodcraft I wish I had an eigth of you talent. Brilliant stuff !!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Autumnbelle, Danann

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Excellent work!

Where was the hugging image taken? It looks like a city centre.

Fantastic stuff there, Chillicamper - from a fellow woodworker... well done!
    Never Knowingly Understood

beautiful you are very talented
    as a collector of all things fairy i have to say the first one is my fav though
    voted nicest member..........thats what they think

Cool
    I like the tree of life, and the bit of split oak!
    "We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams"

bang on fella
    YOUNG FREE N PSYCHOTIC

Love the clock.
    Hello Tom :D

great work mate
    bet me ,bet i can.

individual fruit trifle beachcomber's Avatar
    Those are brilliant - I especially love the fairy and the tree of life ones
    Let's Marvel At Owls :)

Thank for the comments guys. Working with wood is my way of chilling. Some good music on in the background and a piece of wood to carve or burn and I am lost to the world. I wish I could find a way to make a living from it, but there's too much cheap wooden tat comes in from the far east to ever charge enough to make a living. One day I will find a way.

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    Excellent work!

Where was the hugging image taken? It looks like a city centre.
    Sorry, Wish I knew. Someone sent me this image ages ago and I'd love to know where it was and who made them. I think they are beautiful.

Those are properly lovely...you are clever!

Also, the tree hugging sculpture is in Poland (according to google anyway....
    )

Originally Posted by Chillicamper
    All of the above are made by me. However, as this thread is a tree hugger/woodie thread, this is a tree hugger pic that I love. I wish I knew who had made it.
    Can we see some other beautiful wood/tree pics please.
    image.jpg (75.3 KB)haha Tis easier to build then post a piccy from the iPhone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by sooz
    Also, the tree hugging sculpture is in Poland (according to google anyway....
    )
    Thanks Sooz - Always wondered where these were - a bit far to go and see them at the weekend though!

Love those wooden arches Dilangar - is this something you are building? Are the joints held with wooden pegs or other fastenings?

One of my favourite houses was Ben Laws woodland house -I have a book about it (it was on TV apparently).

wonderous woodworking indeed CC- i love the dalek and the unicorn,being a pagan/borg

Sweet chestnut crucks not too far from Ben's. Some friends wanted to build using there felled timber and this is what we've started. It is pegged and wedged no metal fastenings! We also managed to build an oak frame link to join the existing and new builds together. Been real fun and I always feel truly blessed in what we do...

Originally Posted by dilangar
    Sweet chestnut crucks not too far from Ben's. Some friends wanted to build using there felled timber and this is what we've started. It is pegged and wedged no metal fastenings! We also managed to build an oak frame link to join the existing and new builds together. Been real fun and I always feel truly blessed in what we do...

d=1362002840
    Attached Images Attached Images