THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TV programmes you've only just got into...

The Shield - American cop thing there well dodgy, watched from begininning to end on three weeks...brilliant..bad cops lol

Theres an old series, from the 80s by the looks.... been on Channel 4 on a morning...its called Frasier. Its about a psychiatrist and his brother.
    The humour is somewhat dated now...but its really funny at times. I imagine it might have done pretty well if it was on our screens back then.
    xx
    den
    The Grate Denini 3rd Earl of Harte le Pool

Heavenly Creature

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by larmerdalyon
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Theres an old series, from the 80s by the looks.... been on Channel 4 on a morning...its called Frasier. Its about a psychiatrist and his brother.
    The humour is somewhat dated now...but its really funny at times. I imagine it might have done pretty well if it was on our screens back then.
    xx
    den
    it was!
    it was a spin off from 'Cheers'.

Originally Posted by Paul
    Finished it now ... it took me 8 days to plough my way through all 6 seasons
    I`ve just finished season 5 loved it! Am gutted i`ve no more to watch

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    I thought Season 6 was a bit of a let down in comparison to the rest ... not gonna spoil it though as you may not feel the same and it was still worth watching. It was certainly weird seeing David Duchovny is such a contrasting role to Fox Mulder.

We've just got round to watching The Tudors, which I didn't think I'd like but it's actually quite good

I'm gutted that I've already watched all of BSG, Firefly, all the Stargates, Farscape et al... I'd love there to be another really good Sci-Fi series
    Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Nebula_Chi

Originally Posted by Paul
    It was certainly weird seeing David Duchovny is such a contrasting role to Fox Mulder.
    I never rated him at all before this but he nailed Hank Moody..

Turning On
    Celebrity Super Spa - please don't hate me

good to know theres a new homeland series due soon

Just finished watching all of Fringe (kind of like the old X Files meets Sliders). First four series were very good but the fifth was lacking. Now working my way through Breaking Bad.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Heavenly Creature

Originally Posted by mercodus
    Just finished watching all of Fringe (kind of like the old X Files meets Sliders). First four series were very good but the fifth was lacking. Now working my way through Breaking Bad.
    Is hive the one that is set in the 50s and the "baddies" are called hive?

Don't know whether this falls into this category (is this thread about fictional programmes?) but I've just started watching George Clarke's Amazing Spaces. It's fascinating. I'm looking forward to the creation of the tree house. I would love to live amongst the trees! I'm not sure my geriatric cats would get used to it, though.

Silent Witness - Only just found that one out, must be from the late 80's to very early 90's

Originally Posted by Levey
    Silent Witness - Only just found that one out, must be from the late 80's to very early 90's
    You must tru and watch the Parody of it on the Catherine tate show...where she is a drunken Estate Agent.....hilarious....
    She open a full length cupboard on those fancy rollers y`know...and drunkenly slurs... Silent Witness.... (its an audio thing...doesnt worl well in written form!!)
    den
    The Grate Denini 3rd Earl of Harte le Pool

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Whitechapel and Ripper Street

Whitechapel I loved, but was disappointed to find they cancelled it on season 4
    Ripper Street - first few episodes I wasn't so sure about, but felt it got better as the show progressed.

Personally I'm a bit of a local history freak, and being fairly close to Whitechapel meant loads of local references and filming spots I recognised - although not so much in Ripper Street as that was filmed in Ireland.

Have just started season one of Hannibal. Seems pretty gory and a bit out there but is interesting enough so far to keep watching. I still haven`t got my head round Hannibal not being played by Anthony Hopkins though..

Heavenly Creature
    I enjoyed Hannibal, the first season....I won't spoil it , I can't remember what happened....something to do with Aliens and conspiracies...Am currently slowly working my way through X-Files, still love it after all these years......A lot if X-files to go through...
    Hope you enjoy...Still waiting for Dexter...

Originally Posted by wormsrpeople2
    I enjoyed Hannibal, the first season
    Yeah i like it though it`s weird and i think i might have had a nightmare the other night about mushrooms but will keep watching it till the end of season one anyway. Am waiting for season three of Game of Thrones in a few weeks then Hannibal will get dumped

Stargazing all good stuff plus free 2014 calendar
    BBC2

Heavenly Creature
    Check out Hell on Wheels if you like westerns ..not much happens but I liked it..

individual fruit trifle beachcomber's Avatar
    I've just started watching Sherlock - think I might be addicted already!
    Let's Marvel At Owls :)

Originally Posted by Mayfly

Stargazing all good stuff plus free 2014 calendar
    BBC2

excellent link mf..

This program me about a road in Wevverfield ,its ace , mad stuff always happening , theres a pub and everything cant remember its name ? On loads .

Originally Posted by Bungo
    This program me about a road in Wevverfield ,its ace , mad stuff always happening , theres a pub and everything cant remember its name ? On loads .
    Is it the one with the anoraks and the knickers Bungo, northern reality show.