Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Being bisexual

I'm bi... have no problem talking about it/ no issues. I haven't told my immediate family because, although i don't feel that they would judge me, i don't really feel the need to tell them. If I was dating a woman and things were becoming more serious I would tell them about it but i might still not necessarily come out to them. I know they'd love and support me regardless so i guess i just see it as a non-issue.

I have mostly dated men in the past but recently dated a cute transman. I find that people presume I'm straight (this even happened to me in a gay club recently).
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, NomadicRT, Waybrade

Another person checking into the Bi camp. I am in a straight relationship but both myself and my partner have included other people in the past, generally together. I think it is just natural, for me anyway, to want to try things even if only once, although twice or more is even better
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, dreamsoffreedom, Waybrade

I usually say Im HetroFlexible rather than Bi. Bi seems a bit to much of a banner term for all the feelings, preferences and such that go along with it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, Fire-Tree

I tend to refer to myself as polyamourous rather than bi. frankly I care very little what gender, sex or sexual equipment my partners have. It is fairly rare I am more than romantically attracted to people and more rare they are attracted to me in return nowadays.

Most of my long term relationships have been with women, but in all cases friendship proceded anything else, and i find friendships with women not so much easier, but evolve at a more gentle pace and so I am more trusting.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, dollybassett, Trap, Waybrade

I do not really.like the word "Bi Sexual" or Any Word With "BI" as it sounds ,like A Chemical Warfare or A Nasty Label " ....And I Think Whoever Invented That Word Needed To Think Again....And Ooops Sorry Getting Off Topic My Brain Just Bounced Around hahaha
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Firstly I Do Not Like Labels Anyway And Labelling Of Any Preferences In Life ...
    Secondly as Far As "Liking Both Male/Female....You Are All Just "Greedy" as that is also Another Labeln You Get Labelled So YES I Am Joking and Proving That Tends To Be Very Much Attached To People Who Are Attracted To Both Women And Men ..

I think myself there is Nothing Wrong with Liking Both Male/Female...And Do Not See WHY Some people seem to find ANY Non Same Sex Relationships As WRONG..etc etc ....
    In Fact From What I Have Seen Myself (NOT SAYING EVERYBODYELSE,) through My Own Experiences of Friends And My Son Is That !!
    "People Yes Think It Is Strange/Weird/even Unbelievable etc BUT
    They Seem To Be MORE Accepting Of That Sexual Preferance Than They Are With
    (SAME SEX) Male/Male...Woman/Woman ( AND BEFORE) Anybody Starts SHOUTING AT ME) ....As I Said It Is ONLY What I Have Seen MYSELF ...I Am.NOT saying That Has Happened To YOU or ANYBODYELSE...As I Know Many People Have Been Badly Hurt By Cruel Mean People Judging Them, Sooo Please Believe That.and the fact some people seem to think it is Hot espb if a threesome etc.
    But it is Surprising How Many Women Like And Get Sexually Turned On Watching TWO MEN Pleasuring Each Other hahahaha
    )

As For Myself Being Am I Or Do I Like And Enjoy The Pleasures Of Both Men And Women? ....I Truly Cannot Say YES OR NO ...Because If I Was To Say..I Met A Woman And Liked That Woman And Found That Woman Sexually Attractive To Me And Turned Me On ...hahaha......Would I Be Scared Because She Is A Woman? Would I Be Disgusted With Myself That I Thought She Was Hot? Would I Think It Is Wrong? ...Would It Stop Me From Giving Her Pleasure And Her Me ? Etc..

In Truth I Would Say "NO" ...Because I See No Wrong In It ..And If I Am Sexually Attracted To Someone Then I Would Seek What Pleasures I Desired...
    Just The Same As I Would If It Was A Man I Would Act On My Desires..

Have I Ever Been With A Women ...The Answer To That Is NO ...Do I Find All Women Sexually Attractive The Answer To That Is NO ...Also.
    Simply Because I Have Not Found A Woman I Desired That Way ...
    Have I Been With A Man ..The Answer To That Is YES ..But Only ONE For Many Years In Fact It Was 30years hahaha...

So Now That I Am Single ...
    Have I Found Any Man Sexually Attractive "NO"
    Have I Found Any Woman Sexually Attractive NO Also ...hahaha...
    So Am I Bi Sexual??.....Do Not Know haha..
    Am I Strictly He heterosexual??.....Do Not Know Either,? Hahahahahaha
    That Is Why In Profile I Put "OTHER," As I Truly Do Not Know Even Though That Sounds Crazy To Many I Suppose ...
    )

Because With Me I Am A Very Natural Person And Am Very Close With Naturalism and Go And Act On My Natural Instincts Wants And Desires...I Would Say I Am A Very Primal ..Tribal And Natural Wild Instincts hahaha....Maybe Because I Was Raised And Grew Up Within A Tribe/Race/Heritage People...Which Makes Me Tribal hahahaha In My Ways And Beliefs ....If We Desire We Act On That ..Be It Same Sex Or Not ...As To Us Love Is Love No Matter What Vessel (Body,) It Is In So I See No Wrong In Any Sexual Preferences...And To Us To Give And Receive Pleasure Is Never Wrong If You Both Desire And Want That To Be.
    It Is All About Natural Raw Pure Sexual Attraction Be It Same Sex Or Not haha

Well Thats My Views And Thoughts hahahaha
    )
    Last edited by Danann; 19-09--2015 at 02:47 AM.
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper

I wanted to say also hahaha.....
    That it was very learning to see and hear of all the different e experiences that seemed to have happened to many who have posted here about this topic both the good exp and sadly the bad and the labelling and judging etc ...
    But sadly in life we are labelled in some way ...

I think the only way to help people either bi/gay/lesbian/Tg/Ts etc etc is Speaking Out even though most people find this very hard and difficult and impossible to do...
    But there are places That You Can Such As On Here ...
    And I Think That Sooo Many Who Have Posted On This Here Will Have Helped Many People That Have Posted And Those That Have Not Posted By Reading Some Of The Experiences In Life That You Have Found And Learned And You Then Shared That With Others Here ...

So Yes Despite This Is A Sensative Subject And Things Can Easily Become Heated
    There Can Only Be Good..Positive Things That Can Come From This Subject And
    From What You Shared In Your Own Way....Which Will No Doubt Would Of Helped Many On Here Who Are Or Who Feel Maybe Confused ..Lost ..Even Maybe A Little Bit Scared Of Their Feelings But Do Not How To Deal With That Or They Simply Needed Some Help Or Guidance About This But They Feel Or Felt They Had Nobody Or No Place To Turn For Fear Of Being Judged Etc ...
    So All The Time There Is Great People Like You Guys Posting Your Own Thoughts Feelings Exp And What You Have Learned And Found Out Yourselves And Topics And Discussions Like This ....
    There Is A Safe Place They Can Come To And Ask Or Post Or Even Look And Learn From Afar ..You Guys Are Really Helping So Many People And Others Who Maybe Struggling In Life About This And I Think You Are All Really Great In Sharing And Teaching And Helping Others By Posting And Sharing On Here
    )
    Form From The Void & Mists

Originally Posted by DaisyDreamer
    What does it mean to you?
    - Do you feel more comfortable discussing it these days?
    - Do you feel people truely understand/accept it? Or is there still alot of discrimination/misinformation? (i.e. you're just 'confused' you need to chose if you are gay or straight)
    - Is it easier being a bisexual female than a bisexual male?
    -Do you think there's enough support for bi people specifically? as opposed to being lumped into the LGBT banner? Research would suggest not as of all the larger sexual identity groups, bisexual people have the worst mental health problems, including high rates of depression, anxiety, self-harm and suicide.
    Discuss
    Whilst it seems easy to tow the Diversity line - IMO:-
    - Today's society; standing on the back of free expression - is much more accept of differing Sexuality
    - I don't 'understand' it - as not one who is such (how could one really do so?) - One can only presume/assume - which has to be in some way -flawed.
    - I do think that female bi-sexuality is better accepted ((as someone who has seen; in a sporting environment, young girls maturing into adulthood)) it seemed to be a coming of age transition - some short-lived, others showing a commitment of longevity. Something I have not seen in male maturing (from child to adult)
    - LGBT groups seem to have several good points, for to support, network and create platforms for a voice, although one can't help but think that such elitism can create separatism. (I.e. "Gays only" bars are ok - "No Gays" bars = subject to criticism) - Public perception
    Being 'outside' the known awareness of the subject - I don't know - and can only make comment on observation
    "And, in the end, the Love we take, - is equal to the Love, we make"
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

I think everybody is at the very least a tiny bit bisexual. It's just the male and female energy within us all. :P
    Not all those who wander are lost :)
    The following users think this post is groovy: dream weaver

If there is anymore p taking on this thread we shall be having handbags at dawn.. (ok i await the bombardment)
    Boys like girls, girls like boys, boys like boys and girls like girls. We are all individuals alls good with the world mama....

Noobie
    I came out to my friends about 2 or 3 years ago as bisexual and it was basically awkward for all of five days and then I realised it was just me who was awkward about it and not them so thats all good (I was very experienced both ways by this point, and with some of the people I came out too that where in the closet still), I came out to some of my family and it seems okay, but my mum keeps trying to subtly suggest to my sister that I am gay, this is annoying because she is making something weird out of something that I find absolutely normal around my friends, and I am not gay, I feel as though she thinks I am gay now when I am in fact bisexual. Over-all though it was well worth coming out.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Trap

It really is a non subject , whatever you want that's OK. Live your life the way you want to live it and its nobody's business but yours. One life! take it in both hands an run with it. F++k the rest. Love is a precious commodity, enjoy every minute
    The following users think this post is groovy: Starling, Trap

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    I'm in the unsure camp.

Walking down the steet I'll always find women more attractive than men, but society [and family] dictates I date a man. And I do. One day I will be brave enough to handle it. Although I don't see myself settling with a woman, I prefer strong men for carrying things and fetching me tea

I'm not ashamed to tell anyone I like women, I just don't advertise it where it is unnecessary.
    I think it is difficult to be yourself in any circumstance, this is no different from any other change from the expected. My mother still dislikes my decision to wear hippy clothes and live in a van. What can you do.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Trap

My 15yr old told me a couple of weeks ago he thinks hes bi,bit of a story i wont share here...but so proud of him for being so open and able to confide in me...hes obviously told some friends too and they re cool....actually il blow my own trumpet and say im quite chuffed iv bought up such an open balanced,and comfortable with himself young man
    ..xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Fire-Tree, marshlander, nicklincs, Trap

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rainbomama
    My 15yr old told me a couple of weeks ago he thinks hes bi,bit of a story i wont share here...but so proud of him for being so open and able to confide in me...hes obviously told some friends too and they re cool....actually il blow my own trumpet and say im quite chuffed iv bought up such an open balanced,and comfortable with himself young man
    ..xx
    Well done indeed! Good for him.
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money
    The following users think this post is groovy: Rainbomama

is this last post Fray Bentos or spam?

spam mate , i reported one of em , now having a lol at 'her' avatar , best kept at a phone calls distance methinks

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Spam gone - thanks for the report

Noobie
    I identify as bi although I too find the word a bit hard. I enjoy the human form and the heart & energy of people. I guess I am fluid and enjoying exploration. It has been good to read these threads, as I begin to meet people people across this forum. Delighted to see young people now feeling confident to express their own fluidity.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, nicklincs

Meh... was going to try to say something sensible, but all the slagging has persuaded me otherwise.....

Life is life, people form attachments where they want to and why should anybody else care? I really don't see what business it is of anybody else? You do what you want, its your life and you only get one go at it. BE HAPPY

Originally Posted by Fire-Tree
    I'm in the unsure camp.

Walking down the steet I'll always find women more attractive than men, but society [and family] dictates I date a man. And I do. One day I will be brave enough to handle it. Although I don't see myself settling with a woman, I prefer strong men for carrying things and fetching me tea

I'm not ashamed to tell anyone I like women, I just don't advertise it where it is unnecessary.
    I think it is difficult to be yourself in any circumstance, this is no different from any other change from the expected. My mother still dislikes my decision to wear hippy clothes and live in a van. What can you do.
    Girl you got nothing to fear, buy a bottle of wine and cuddle up with a friend, if it doesn't work out so what? wine is cheap. you only get one shot at this life, go for what you want and be happy about it.

Not Quite a Noobie
    I think most guys would really like a bi-sexual girlfriend so that they could get off watching her having sex with another attractive girl. And also join in threesomes with her and another girl. I think that is most guys top fantasy. How many straight girls here would agree to do a girl on girl fantasy for their boyfriend?

I don't like labels but if I had to I'm bisexual

lone wolf survivalist.
    isn't that a bit not knowing which way to turn?