THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you think your personality changes as you get older.

Tuning In
    Sex
    Male
    I don't think personality changes but I do think what we tolerate and accept becomes different. 10 years ago I was a party animal who went to pubs and clubs, I was being consumed by my mental health, now I have no confidence so I don't go to the same places, I'd rather sit on my own and I can't handle parties.
    I've got a shorter temper when it comes to nonsense or stupid actions.
    In school I was hated by everyone because I didn't fit in and couldn't handle the school environment.
    So I think that our reactions and tastes change but I'm not sure about personality.
    Simon
    The following users think this post is groovy: NomadicRT

Sex
    Male
    I dont think my views have changed a whole lot and the same things irritate me that did back when i was a radical leftie teenager ..If anything ive mellowed snd accepted that very little changes - the more things change the more things stay the same- that theres very little i can do about things issues and people in the world that seriously piss me off ....and so im better off.concentrating on my own life and things i CAN change.
    I suppose you might say experience and life in genersl has worn the hard edges and pointy bits off me so I roll along thorough life much easier and inflict less damage.
    Hebridean at heart..everywhere else is just somewhere on the way back there...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Roamer

Sex
    Female

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by NomadicRT
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I dont think my views have changed a whole lot and the same things irritate me that did back when i was a radical leftie teenager ..If anything ive mellowed snd accepted that very little changes - the more things change the more things stay the same- that theres very little i can do about things issues and people in the world that seriously piss me off ....and so im better off.concentrating on my own life and things i CAN change.
    I suppose you might say experience and life in genersl has worn the hard edges and pointy bits off me so I roll along thorough life much easier and inflict less damage.
    I like this post
    I have nothing to add.

Sex
    Female
    Parts of my personality have changed,other bits havent.I think I'm a better person now I've matured abit (Im 55 and in no hurry to grow up!).When I was much younger,I had a fairly bad attitude,probably caused by my upbringing,but its mellowed out over the years,and I think I'm pretty kind hearted now.