THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Covers that are better than...

Sex
    Male

Covers that are better than...

the original? Are there lots? Some? Any?

For starters, I believe this one is:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Prob a lot of Johnny Cash....

I've already put this in another thread...but in my opinion I prefer this version to the original...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sex
    Male
    Interesting. Personally, have to say I prefer Dylan's original though.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Zee
    Interesting. Personally, have to say I prefer Dylan's original though.
    most people prob agree with you....not a fan of Dylan though myself....only found this interesting because all the Truckers took vocal duties...and like the change...otherwise I'd find the song a bit tedious .

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Don't like Sting either..but like metal.....so prefer this...most will disagree, but I don't like Sting.....

Last edited by wormsrpeople2; 12-02--2014 at 01:20 AM.

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    No contest. Sorry Ringo.

The following users think this post is groovy: Che Kinolova, julianthegypsy

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    Not sure about this one....

Think I prefer the original Bonnie Prince Billie version...
    Last edited by wormsrpeople2; 12-02--2014 at 11:22 AM.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by wormsrpeople2
    Don't like Sting either..but like metal.....so prefer this...most will disagree, but I don't like Sting.....

I love Sting, but that is amazing.

Talking of metal covers of pop classics

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Zee

Fuck yes

Sex
    Male
    Now I am bit of a Deep Purple fan but this version just rocks
    Any resemblance to actual persons living, dead, or undead, is purely coincidental
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Cool

i don`t like the originals.
    Last edited by Annette Kurten; 13-02--2014 at 12:23 AM.

Sex
    Male
    I would suggest this one.

The following users think this post is groovy: 83ray1, Uncle jhad

Sex
    Male
    Have a listen to the xx cover of teardrops.
    Tell ya what, I would not feel so all alone

Question Authority! englishfolker's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    This could be a little controversial but I prefer Patti Smith's 'Smells like teen spirit' to Nirvana's original.

Originally Posted by englishfolker
    This could be a little controversial but I prefer Patti Smith's 'Smells like teen spirit' to Nirvana's original.
    Me too
    I also love her covers of 'Gimme Shelter' and 'When Doves Cry'

Question Authority! englishfolker's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    But the 'ultimate' cover would have to be Jimi Hendrix's cover of Dylan 'All along the watchtower'..IMO...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Duckman, Hexagram56, julianthegypsy, marshlander

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by Ecobob
    Now I am bit of a Deep Purple fan but this version just rocks
    Deep Purple wasn't original anyway- though probably best known. Original by the composer Joe South; a great songwriter.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    The original is awesome, but if I'm in the mood for metal, as I mostly am...then I love this version....

But it's just a fab song anyway...

Last edited by wormsrpeople2; 15-02--2014 at 06:49 PM.

Sex
    Male
    This is surely one of the best covers versions ever :

The following users think this post is groovy: julianthegypsy

The following users think this post is groovy: aman, marshlander

Sex
    Female

RT is a genius,,,,
    The following users think this post is groovy: Hexagram56, marshlander

Sex
    Female
    Like loads of covers. There are so many.

I'm succinct - not rude.

Sex
    Female

I'm succinct - not rude.

Sex
    Female

I'm succinct - not rude.