THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website is perpetually in arrears & will not survive without regular donations! Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do have over 18000 members & if just half of you donated we would never have to worry about money again. We value your support, so if you can afford it please stop us worrying by making a donation. There is a thread on running costs here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How old is too old?

is this a joke post?If its not then i can see why your wife is pretty tense.Your empathy,tact and kindness ouze, out from every pore.Charge in there crash bash over peoples sensitivities.Is the air thin up there? Getting giddy from oxygen starvation to the heart?Taking the piss out of the wife?
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Brynhyffryd
    Any agony aunts out there in Hippieland? I can't respond to this without getting all Irma Kurtz. OK then, get pretty, get rich or get self-confident. Any one from three. You'll have to beat 'em off with a stick!

A lot has changed since I began this thread........and I'm happy to report, that I am definitely not too old :-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, essexcamper, frame69

Originally Posted by groove
    A lot has changed since I began this thread........and I'm happy to report, that I am definitely not too old :-)
    Cool, glad to hear that.
    So to answer your own question.

Is sex better as you get older?

Hey Groove that's fabulous news!! Onwards and upwards eh?!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Originally Posted by cricket
    Lionel Ritchie ...."All Night Long"
    Nope........the words i used came from this song....

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, essexcamper

lone wolf survivalist.
    " you are as young as you feel" ...or is that the person you feel?
    The following users think this post is groovy: essexcamper, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by alices wonderland
    Cool, glad to hear that.
    So to answer your own question.

Is sex better as you get older?
    Answer- not necessarily, if the partnership isn't right, but but when it is, hell yeah, loads better !!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket, Sootyfoot

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar
    Age is just a number and I was never any good at maths! I will never feel too old (I hope!). I guess it just comes down to the chemistry between you and whoever. I think your inner perception is important and how you feel about yourself. If more people took the time to take care of this rather than worrying about age, the odd wobbly bit or other hang up that they they think the world will notice sex would never cease to be an amazing thing
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, cricket

Not Quite a Noobie
    Read this:
    Maybe one day scientists will be able to cure ageing. Ageing is a lot more than just a number. It is several degenerative diseases that slowly destroy the quality of life for most people.

Originally Posted by Okifolki
    I'm 46. I've had a great sex life, and it keeps getting better. I'm feeling very encouraged by some of the older members' replies here. Good to know it's not all over for a few decades yet! I was starting to worry it would all go pear shaped now I'm single again.
    Haha! some bits definitely do go pear shaped! but don't worry, nobody cares.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Okifolki, Sootyfoot

Tuning In

Originally Posted by ayami
    Maybe there is hope for yet...as I am 43 and all my previous partners have said I am booooooooring and don't want to try anything!
    well that probably goes to show how crap those exe's were as they didnt manage to rev/wake you up, dont blame yourself for that one.

age is jut an age, sex is wasted on the young cause havent learnt the deeper more meaningful side to it all.

A a good remedy to liven things up somewhat if needed or for the hell of it, trust me, is to drag your preferred partner off to the woods, pull your pants off and go at it like all the other wild animals in and around the woods, rabbits do it, badgers do it, frogs are mad for it, deer leap around like loons for it, hedgehogs are careful with their spines for it, so why not humans, be the animal you are, you'll be surprised at what happens indeed.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Okifolki, Sootyfoot

Tuning In

Originally Posted by Okifolki
    I'm 46. I've had a great sex life, and it keeps getting better. I'm feeling very encouraged by some of the older members' replies here. Good to know it's not all over for a few decades yet! I was starting to worry it would all go pear shaped now I'm single again.
    its only the physical body that goes a bit pear shaped, the inner need to max out the bodies functions doesnt, i remember hearing folk say oh by the time your 50 you lose interest and your bits only become a means to pee, well thats bullshit. the 'wrong' person is what makes the sex aspect go pear shaped.
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Duckman, Okifolki, Sootyfoot

Originally Posted by wizard1luv
    its only the physical body that goes a bit pear shaped, the inner need to max out the bodies functions doesnt, i remember hearing folk say oh by the time your 50 you lose interest and your bits only become a means to pee, well thats bullshit. the 'wrong' person is what makes the sex aspect go pear shaped.

Boom!
    The following users think this post is groovy: cricket, Sootyfoot, wizard1luv

Wise words Wizard1luv - thank you. Yes, you're right. My husband was definitely NOT the right person for me in that respect. I was with him for about 8 years and I guess a part of me is worrying I left it too late.... but you're right. Just need to find the right bloke(s) now eh?!
    The following users think this post is groovy: wizard1luv

Tuning In
    its never too late no matter how long you wait i presume, havent got older just yet so will have to wait and see, being 50 is just like being 25 but with some common sense and a wiser wild side rather than the silly reckless side of 25 , my problem with females from say 40 to 50 and a bit, is the activity side of things, i still run and jump and piss about running up hills and general looning about dancing ALL night at all night to 3 days of banging psy trance, love a cosy night in but not in the retired sense of 7 days a week 52 weeks of the year and going round to visit a garden centre being the highlight of the week, nah, that stuff is for really old folks.

Haha you sound like my best mate. At the last UKHippy gathering he took me on a 5 hour hike and then off to the silent disco where we danced all night lol. He's into psytrance too. Most of the people I know who are around our age are all very active - unless they have a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being so. I'm doubly lucky in that I used to be disabled, but now am all better, so I have a second lease of life that drives me to make the most of it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami, frame69, roddew, wizard1luv

Tuning In
    5 hour hikes is a bit too professional for me but being active is a big key to being well later in life am sure, I know people this age who have a sedate life and they are not in good shape. and there is glimmers of got to make the most of it as time slips away so quick these days.

Green around the gills ThreeMoons's Avatar

Originally Posted by Waterwheel
    Read this:
    Maybe one day scientists will be able to cure ageing. Ageing is a lot more than just a number. It is several degenerative diseases that slowly destroy the quality of life for most people.

In my opinion you are what you eat...no sexual inuendo intended!
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up on your dreams and ideals, wrinkles the soul.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Just wait... hit over 65 and your eyes are still out on stalks... 😩😳

Even when I can't perform I'll carry on imagining lol so never.

I've spent time with people of all ages.

I never noticed any difference although I prefer a partner to be older than me

Frame.

Sometimes.
    Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another.

I've seen gals older than I that I would love...

Told my friend about a 30-ish guy at work recently talking about 18-88, blind, crippled or crazy lmao!

He met a friend of his Mum and decided that was too wide a gap for him.

There should never be a "too" to anything an adult wants to do.
    The following users think this post is groovy: alices wonderland, roddew, Wulfie

'Too' can be an immature get out for if the connections there you go with it. We all carry a bag of regrets containing missed opportunities for happiness and turning away from a potential path to new adventure, as long as nobody gets hurt, will always sit there as a 'what if'.
    Not all who wander are lost