THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How old is too old?

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female

How old is too old?

so how old is too old to rediscover your sexual nature?

i've been prompted to start this because of personal feelings but also reading the thread about BDSM, and reflecting on the posts of other members of the board who are, let's say, over a certain age and have ....interesting sex lives.
    i'm not talking about going from men to women, gay to bi, straight to gay.
    it doesn't matter at all whether you prefer same/opposite sex for the purposes of this thread.

but what if you have had a really 'safe', predictable, vanilla, maybe even boring, infrequent or non-existant sex life and sex drive for years and then - BAM.

something happens, you become confident, horny and up for (within the realms of safety) just about anything again?
    you realise that when you were 19 and thought you were all that, you didn't know the half of it and laugh at your young self for being a bit of a prude!

is it better as you get older? and those stats that say men are in their prime in their 20s and women are in their prime in their 30s all bullshit?
    Last edited by groove st; 24-03--2014 at 02:06 AM.

Sex
    Male
    Oxymoron alert! Too Old

No such thing, in anything.

Better to regret the things you did, than regret the things you didn't

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Harvestmoon, NomadicRT, Wolf Angel

Sex
    Male
    I don't think you're ever too old as long as you're still capable! Problem is finding the right partner or, if you're in a relationship, realising that your needs in that area are no longer compatible.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Transcending
    Sex
    Female
    Age is just how many years youve been on this earth?It shouldnt stop you trying new things. In fact ive found that since ive got older, ive been in a much better state of mind and more open to trying new naughty things. Im gonna be a total whore by the time im in my old old age!

Its definately better for me now im older, and that 20s and 30s thing - i dont believe that any more.

So get stuck in cos its all good!
    The following users think this post is groovy: frame69, Harvestmoon, NomadicRT, Sootyfoot, Starling

Sex
    Female
    My attitude to sex has totally changed as i`ve got older i think i was a bit afraid of it in my 20`s. I always had to be drunk or off my head before i`d want to do it and i was really self conscious about my body an stuff.

Not saying i want to be tied up and shit on or anything now but i`m much more adventurous and self confident and have definitely lost most of the inhibitions i used to have. Has been a while though i think i may be revirginizing
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Starling, wizard1luv

Sex
    Male
    Not sure why age even comes into it. Its a natural and fulfilling urge, and if it feels good do it!

That said when you are young there is all the raging hormonal "got to do it", part of enjoying life , then the 20-30s need to procreate. As you get older its about relationships and showing how you feel about someone. As for being more adventurous you lose the hang ups about what other people think and learn how to communicate what you would like.

Just hope when I am 80 I can still jump off the wardrobe in a superman costume, or still catch Wonder Woman doing the same. It is my intention to still try.

Ian
    The following users think this post is groovy: barn owl, etherea

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    Not saying i want to be tied up and shit on or anything now

The following users think this post is groovy: frame69

Sex
    Female

Originally Posted by Paul

Haha! In my defence it was mean`t to be a piss what happened wasn`t my fault
    The following users think this post is groovy: frame69, Okifolki

Sex
    Male
    Maybe there is hope for yet...as I am 43 and all my previous partners have said I am booooooooring and don't want to try anything!
    The following users think this post is groovy: wizard1luv

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    I,ve turned 60 and got no complaints

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    I,ve turned 60 and got no complaints
    5 wifes later or is it 6 you d know.... Hee hee
    bet me ,bet i can.

Sex
    Female
    Too old is only too old if you think it is! For the rest of us normal people we do what we do regardless of age
    I have drawn a line under diving off the wardrobe though Ian
    The old knees couldn't cope!
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh
    The following users think this post is groovy: Harvestmoon

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Female
    well i kinda knew that the answers would be like this but it's nice to know i'm not the only old fart out here who is thinking this way

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by etherea
    Too old is only too old if you think it is! For the rest of us normal people we do what we do regardless of age
    I have drawn a line under diving off the wardrobe though Ian
    The old knees couldn't cope!
    Ok Ethera I will settle for the dressing table or furniture of your choice

Ian
    The following users think this post is groovy: etherea

Sex
    Male
    The only time to say, finally, "too old" is, I guess, when you are dead. Mind you if you remember one of the last scenes from "Brazil"....
    I know people in their 60s who are happy swingers... Just dont expect them to go quite as quickly as the 20-somethings tee hee...

Seriously though, it sounds like the only thing you have to worry about is some inherent sense of self-guilt.
    Time that went the way of all flesh.
    Have fun, Lady
    !!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Sex
    Male
    ... and another friend of mine has just got into Kinbaku but then that looks like a recipe to put your back out with.

groovy your not old anyways hunny
    i think age is just a number and do what and as much as you feel comfy wiith
    with regardd to me and hubby i do think stresses of life and having a huge family get in the way
    sometimes that annoys me as we have little alone time
    but i intend to be active as long as im breathing
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayami

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    It took me long enough to find out what my "sexual nature" was and I don't intend letting it go now I've found it.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, emmadilemma

Sex
    Female
    I've always feel too old and I've only just turned 25
    I've lost all my confidence since I put on weight after getting sick with ME. Then I look at my mum looking for love (finding company at times but not Mr Right) and think "wow mum, go you"
    The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese

Sex
    Female
    Oh and Groovy, you're stunning :-)
    The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese

Turning On
    Sex
    Male
    you are never too old, to have fun, with age comes experience
    go out, and enjoy yourself

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Groovy baby,you will never be told old for me not to fantasize about you

It is most definately not an age thing,but a choice and a compatibility thing.

I have not been sexually active for quite a few years,and this is just a choice thing,as I am happy doing my own thing,and shy away from offers of younger fluffy girls who are attracted moreso to my lifestyle than they are to me.That is not a lack of confidence on my part,just reality.

The odd case of herpés popping up doesnt particulary help fire up my sex drive either,as I would not want to consider sharing that with anyone(albeit a bit late),and with this mentioned,I will use this advertising space to recommend to you all to proceed with caution and tell you all to make sure that you use contraception to stop such a thing happening to you.

Editors note-Fly is being sensible for once

Love and light to you groovy baby

fly xxxx
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)

Sex
    Female
    There's no such thing as too old. I'm 62 and I'd love to have an active, adventurous sex life. You should try everything at least once or you'll never know if you'd have liked it or not.
    The following users think this post is groovy: frame69, glowingsunsets, Harvestmoon, londoner83, MrsP, oddballdave

it seems 44 is to old
    You must be stronger Than the winds that blow you away