THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive without your donations! We have over 18000 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. We appreciate that not all of you are in the same financial position, but we do run at a loss - so if you can afford to help then please donate. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone studying something?

unleash my pharma powers! Daisysmum's Avatar

Anyone studying something?

I'm always reading something. OK, researching.

This week it is the joys of pathalogical gambling and the effect on the neuroendocrine system.

Next week it will be revising developmental psychology.

I'll likely have another 7 or 8 years of this in order to qualify.

Reading something that isnt related to the course is a bit of a luxury.

I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat.

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    That sounds heavy going. What are you studying?

BSc(Hons) Psychology. Then Ive got the postgrad stuff
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ach its fun. I should have done it years ago but I listened to my mother who told me I was wasting my time. Now she likes the idea of her daughter being 'Dr.'

Parents! - I could make a joke but given the subject I'm studying I'm too spoiled for choice in that particular field!

Good thread...having a rest from formal study here...I have a few study books mainly covering early years...special educational needs, leadership and management and gifted and talented and others if anyone is interested.

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do when I was young...

Not that anything has changed!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Right now, City and Guilds in Bicycle maintenance - Who knew there were so many different standards?

Also learning a new computer programming language.

Then in October it will get more serious!

head in a book, in a field

Which language? I want to give python a go shortly but too busy at the mo.

Herbalism.. Just passed my first exam! Woohoo! :-)
    Turning on, tuning in and dropping out..

Literature - Just finsihed reading BS Johnson

Chilling Out
    Currently studying Spanish (or at least trying)......

Yes. I am learning -or relearning- HTML I used to design websites 15 years ago. I used to design them using notepad and raw HTML. I used to really enjoy actually writing out the code and tweaking it to get it to look good. I had a break from it for a few years and when I went back to it I had been left behind and didn't really understand it any more. I never got to grips with CSS, MySQL or PHP so I thought I would give it another go.

I am working through the HTML course with
    I will then do the CSS course and then I might go onto a programming language like Java or Python.

This is not to get a job or anything it is just for fun and so I know what coder is talking about when we discuss projects. It is also part of my goal of understanding computers and the internet a bit better.

paul
    PⒶUL

I`m planning to start that TEFL Teaching English as a foreign language course in the next few months. Am hoping it`ll help get me some work abroad in the future..
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman

Noobie
    Currently studying Engineering while living in my van, makes for good fun.

BSc(Hons) environmental science also looked at the TEfL emmadilemma do you think it's expensive?

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Form at Chepstow

Im studying why are the Beatles all dieing in the wrong order .
    Does anything in life realy matter as long as the Kettles still working .

Not Quite a Noobie RevWednesday's Avatar
    Great posts! Im about to start my Bsc(Hons) Natural Science focusing on Meteorology. Ive been a weather nut my whole life 😀
    - - Love and Light - - Rev. Wednesday - - XoXo - -

Am now at university studying for my masters degree, currently reading ethics, which is somewhere near thuthecks I believe!!!!

Always read ancient history just for the interest and hoping to get the NHS to fork out for my Occupational Therapy in Learning Disabilities degree this year

Tuning In
    [QUOTE=Daisysmum;1328257]BSc(Hons) Psychology. Then Ive got the postgrad stuff

Read this...

This is true, many people know about it and most don't.

Some people are sadistic, they have to teach the children about it and this is how they do it. If a child starts talking about pixies and fairies no one takes any notice.
    This organisation/s operate all over the world.
    It is very easy to prove especially in the young. They would prefer it does not get proven and are known to get violent, careful.
    There are world wide rules, I won't elaborate on which rules I know about here because that would give the game away.

Psychology is in my opinion the least accurate of sciences.
    Freud said sons want to have sex with their mothers.
    Bull shit, I don't want sex with my mum, she is old. How ever I would not be suprized if she wanted sex with me, she seems to think the sum shines from my backside.
    So much psychology is made up to fit the observed facts, those observations are incomplete unless you understand pixi/fairy bit.
    I have done electronics at college, I was thrown out of electro physiology at uni.

Always studying and researching behavioural approaches. I deliver training in positive behaviour support so constantly keeping abreast of things.
    It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.

[QUOTE=piratepaul;1466776]

Originally Posted by Daisysmum
    BSc(Hons) Psychology. Then Ive got the postgrad stuff

Read this...

This is true, many people know about it and most don't.

Some people are sadistic, they have to teach the children about it and this is how they do it. If a child starts talking about pixies and fairies no one takes any notice.
    This organisation/s operate all over the world.
    It is very easy to prove especially in the young. They would prefer it does not get proven and are known to get violent, careful.
    There are world wide rules, I won't elaborate on which rules I know about here because that would give the game away.

Psychology is in my opinion the least accurate of sciences.
    Freud said sons want to have sex with their mothers.
    Bull shit, I don't want sex with my mum, she is old. How ever I would not be suprized if she wanted sex with me, she seems to think the sum shines from my backside.
    So much psychology is made up to fit the observed facts, those observations are incomplete unless you understand pixi/fairy bit.
    I have done electronics at college, I was thrown out of electro physiology at uni.
    Erm.... what is the relevance of my having studied psychology and a thread debating the reality of pixies and elves? I don't understand the 'pixi/fairy bit' as you put it. I must have flipped that bit in Gross Psychology or slept through it in the 2 yrs and I term of Psychology that I studied. No-one in academia gave a nod to the 'pixi/fairy bit'.
    I refuse to take the weight of the psychological community on my shoulders. I decided it wasn't for me and quit. The post you quoted was from 2014 in October, just as the Psychology degree started.

I'm studying Pharmacology now.
    I had a good grounding in research and I don't regret the time I spent studying psychology, got a nice diploma out of it. If you don't agree with Freud, and many don't, possibly John Bowlby's Attachment Theory is a good one to wrangle over primary caregiver relationships and personal neurosis.

Otherwise, there are certain aspects of pharmacology that can often help with pixies and fairies....
    Last edited by Daisysmum; 29-03--2016 at 06:12 AM.

Tuning In
    Basically there are two types of humans parasitic and symbiotic.
    They prefer the words sadistic and masochistic.
    I don't like pain and don't like being called a masochist or a fairy, they don't like being called parasitic.
    It is a bit like blood groups or other physiological factors such as skin colour.

If you put a small child in front of a TV showing scenes of pain, some are attracted and some are repelled. Personally I am repelled.
    They teach small children that there are pixies ( parasites) and fairies ( symbiotic) they organise themselves with a system of punishment.
    If a child talks to the wrong person of pixies and varies they are assumed to be fantasising and are ignored.

They don't want us to know not least because we often see their psychology group as sick. They are not sick they are quite normal, they are taught to pretend to feel empathy.
    Through out history if we judge that someone is sadistic we have tended to hang or punish them. They are highly motivated to deny this and are likely to do so.

Interesting...no-one told me about pixies and fairies as a child, I didn't have that type of parents. Should I feel cheated?

I don't know about your pixies and fairies but what I do know is that only 1 in 3 people, many of them children who hear voices find the voices supportive. However children quickly learn that you don't talk about such things to adults because they think hearing voices is 'odd'.

Regards being attracted to scenes of pain, we were always warned off referencing Psychology Today but hey, I'm a Pharmacologist now....

Your blood grouping and your skin tone you were born with are genetic.

Do the children of the particular personality type only tend to see the pixies ( parasites) and fairies ( symbiotic) that match their personality type.

Maybe you and the fairies/pixies might want to have a look at some studies into human personality typing and nurture v. nature.

Are you alone a lot in that houseboat?