THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Alternative wedding venues North West?

Not Quite a Noobie

Alternative wedding venues North West?

Im getting married hopefully next summer, we donít want a traditional wedding and are keeping cost to a minimum.

Im looking for a campsite we can hire out for the weekend somewhere we can maybe have a fire people can camp n those who want to carry on the party when the mums n dads go to bed can.
    It doesnít ned to be licensed were going to do the boring bit before the big party.

We live in Manchester- if any of you guys have any suggestions id love to hear them or any tips n stuff
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you might struggle with this one. Camp sites are generally family holiday places and to be honest I can't see anyone hiring out a significant amount of space for what you've described as 'the big party'. Down here in Cornwall, where we have hundreds of campsites, you'll struggle to find a campsite that will take all male or all female groups because of the family factor, let alone allow fires and a big 'do'. They'll have health and safety regulations and insurance requirements to abide by which will probably exclude the use of open fires.

I really hope you find what you're looking for as it sounds like a fabulous idea.

Heavenly Creature
    Have you tried asking around local clubs with grounds, etc?
    A few years back some relatives of mine had a handfasting in the grounds of a local rugby club. They picked a day and time when the place was generally quiet, and because the guests were likely to take a drink or three, they got the place for the afternoon quite cheaply. They had a nice little glade under trees for the ceremony conducted by a delightful little priestess, and it all went off very well.
    Best of luck with finding somewhere nice!