Hello everyone
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am your editor for this section of the forum, and it is very lovely to be back
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I used to moderate this section of the forum after many of us nagged the admin to set this parenting forum up
Life got mega buzy so I had to stand down from moderation but it is lovely to be back in the new editor position and i have got lots of threads to update, so bare with me

I've been here at ukhippy since it began 9 years ago and in that time have gone from being a single mum of one, to a happily co-habiting mum of 3

For those who don't know me ... I'm Sarah (obviously
) I live in Bruton in Somerset with my partner Lee and our children Henry and Cushla who are in year one and reception class. My eldest Charlie now lives with his Dad and bonus mum and little sister

So we've had a lot of experience of all the challenges that come with being a single parent, being a blended family, being a parent to an un-pigeonholeable autism spectrum/very sensitive, gifted and talented child, parenting through pregnancy, parenting with large age gaps and with small age gaps, you name it, we've been there pretty much...

I am self employed with my own business, as a Reiki Practitioner and as a Pregnancy/Birth, Postnatal, Early Years and Life Doula. I also work voluntarily as a breastfeeding peer supporter and a spiritual carer at a local hospice which provides palliative care to the terminally ill.

I will be doing a bit of housekeeping and tidying up on the sticky threads in this forum in due course but if you have a problem that you think i might be able to help with...infant feeding niggles, concerns about pregnancy etc then please do feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you out
If it's really urgent then please email me
as I definatley check emails every day where as ukhippy time tends to be a bit constricted if i am very busy with work stuff. I am happy to give out my mobile number on PM request if anyone needs a proper chat

I have breastfed all my children, Charlie for 3 weeks, Henry for 8 months and Cushla for over 2 years. I've also done formula bottle feeding, combined breast and bottle feeding and exclusive breastfeeding to term. I have weaned using the old fashioned baby rice and puree's, i've done full on baby led weaning and a mixture of the two
Thanks to members of UK Hippy, I totally had my head opened up to the idea of baby wearing and did quite a bit with Henry, and exclusively with Cushla until she was about 6 months. I also know a fair bit about using a simple peice of cloth to help you with pregnancy and to use during birth so will be sharing bits n bobs of information and wisdom about ALL things to do with Parenting and Pregnancy and hope we can get some good discussions going

Think that is about all for now

Love Sarah xxxxx