THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: illusions by Richard bach

Sex
    Male

illusions by Richard bach

Anyone read this? I crashed with my girlfriend at her friends in mykonos last summer and picked this up off her book collection,read a few pages which intrigued me, a year later I got a copy which I will start to read this week. Thoughts on the book those who have read it?

Sex
    Male
    One of my favourite books. I don't have a copy at the moment because I always end up giving them away to people,

I might have to buy it again

paul
    PⒶUL

Sex
    Male
    Ive started reading it today, so far so good, cant wait to read a bit more later even though i should be revising for a test tomorrow haha, but stuff it. Ill let you know how it goes! How come you always give them away?

Sex
    Male
    I just like to share it and hopefully they will give it away to someone else and they will love it.

He also wrote
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

paul
    PⒶUL

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by aman
    I just like to share it and hopefully they will give it away to someone else and they will love it.

He also wrote

paul

Yes, it's a good book to read, especially if you think you don't really fit in with the flock. The ending is quite touching, and inspiring too.

Sex
    Male
    Ive read most of it since yesterday, i am enjoying it, although some of it i find a bit confusing, im guessing you have to figure the meaning from the writing? I love the scene it sets though and the relationship between the two people so far.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by oldkeith
    Yes, it's a good book to read, especially if you think you don't really fit in with the flock. The ending is quite touching, and inspiring too.
    The strong & wise, try to teach the weak & ignorant. If the later don't listen then the former should just leave them to rot.
    I think that is what the book was trying to say.

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    I was commenting about the Jonathan Livingstone Seagull book. It's about a loner who left the flock to do his own scene, because after a while they didn't want to put up with him.
    But at the end he finds that really he just belongs to another perhaps more advanced and enlightened flock. And they come for him.

Sex
    Male
    so i read the book,and i loved it, but i found the ending counfusing, mainly the last chapter after the shooting? and the messiah handbook saying "everything in this book may be wrong"? i dont quite understand the message he is trying to send?

Sex
    Male
    Have ordered book and am waiting for it to arrive

:-)
    Smile - It'll make them nervous.

Sex
    Male
    Its a good read mate, i did it in about 4 nights haha, but i did get slightly confused at the end but i think that the point, i wont say no more, ill wait to see what you think is meant at the end when you read it