THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: shes at peace now

lone wolf survivalist.
    isn't that the truth! ours was a week short of her 14th birthday.
    " Does not suffer fools gladly!"

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    very sorry to hear that pete
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So sorry..

Very sorry to hear of your loss.
    They are your knowing soulmate and shadow arnt they.Complete understanding and affinity.When my beloved old matriarch passed on,my younger lurcher sank into a 6 month depression,looking for her,so sad to see.Even now 6 years on he still sees a similiar hound and you can see he is hopefull it is her.Apart from the soul connection with us ,they are united with each other also.Now they are together,flying about.I am so sad for your pain stinkypete it is just awful.I hope you may find some comfort in that all of us here who have been owned and soul shared the path with hounds, understand and send you warmth and love.x
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion

so sorry for your loss x it's horrid when they pass x

onsecondthoughtswtf stinkypete1's Avatar
    stinkypete1 AKA stinkypete Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts,she was so loving of everybody and any dog,
    My first thought was to get another dog soon but at the moment my thoughts are I can never replace her,I got her because durban my other staffy was ill and I didnt want to be without a dog, what happened is that she gave durbs a new lease on her life,they had their differences and went through six months of fur flying but they sorted things out, no fun being elbow deep in staffy scrapping though,Noodlesgot me through a 20 year relationship breakdown and she was my best friend,when i was out with her a nod was all it took for her to know what i wanted her to do or which way to go. She has taken a very big part of me with her, but I want that part to stay with her ..

One life, live it
    We lost my little mate Oliver a few weeks back, he had a stroke one Sunday morning. I will never get another dog, too much heartache but also (and this might sound cynical) I couldn't afford the vet's bills.

For the last year of his life his medication was 75 a week which my step daughter paid. To just walk into the vet's was over 100. His last visit was 400 and it took about twenty minutes.
    The following users think this post is groovy: likahamadoolihan

Pet insurance

Those Mountains that you're carrying, you were only supposed to climb.

At least you kept him bernie. Theres too many wankers who just put them down or dump them when they get ill.

One life, live it

Originally Posted by Sootyfoot
    Pet insurance
    He had pet insurance when he was younger (my step daughter paid for it) but as soon as he got older and the problems start the insurance goes through the roof. Its basically a scam
    The following users think this post is groovy: Offgrid hero