Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your "home"

Harvest moon have you tried hot water bottle up ya jumper ? Seriously I do it on the really cold nights instead of putting heating on it's cheaper. I live in a house though I'm not lucky enough to be on the land I can't afford a van and I'm looking after my mum at the moment but I dream of packing up and roaming one day. So my heating bills can be quite high if I put the radiators on and I can't see the point in heating rooms I don't use so I leave the heating off as much as possible or unless I get visitors then I put it on for them. Did you really cry with cold? That breaks my heart - I have a spare duvet I can send you if it will help. If I lived closer I'd drop them round but I',m in Midlands.
    You read a Gentleman by his watch, a Lady by her shoes and a hippy by his weed
    The following users think this post is groovy: AuNatural, Harvestmoon, marshlander, oddballdave, Pookas, simate, Trap, WREKAGE, wurzel

Hi Autumnbelle x I cried, I must admit, last Boxing Day after a 24 hour shift and didn't have a spanner to change gas bottle from butane to propane, arriving back at my van at 11pm but I think most would have as it was a tad cold ! More geared up this year and use hot water bottles: one on my feet and one on the base of my back... Ideal! Thanks for the offer of a duvet xxx this site is wonderful and the empathy is touching xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree, simate

Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    Hi Autumnbelle x I cried, I must admit, last Boxing Day after a 24 hour shift and didn't have a spanner to change gas bottle from butane to propane, arriving back at my van at 11pm but I think most would have as it was a tad cold ! More geared up this year and use hot water bottles: one on my feet and one on the base of my back... Ideal! Thanks for the offer of a duvet xxx this site is wonderful and the empathy is touching xxx
    I would definately have cried . You poor soul. I'm glad your sorted now. If you do need more blankets, duvets, bottles or anything just yell

I love your van and what a dreamy location to park it. Fantastic
    You read a Gentleman by his watch, a Lady by her shoes and a hippy by his weed
    The following users think this post is groovy: Harvestmoon

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    been said many a time, insulation, buying a factory made campervan in 90% of cases if not going to cut it in the winter,tis like using a summer weight duvet in a snowstorm.the walls on my truck are nearly 2" thick. [ wood insulation wood ] and thicker insulation in roof, a double wood floor and a woodburner, windows are done with cling film + curtains and a thick door curtain, yes there are air vents and i do not get condensation.as campers go tis fairly large 20ft x 8ft x 8ft but i live in it not just sleep
    The following users think this post is groovy: AuNatural, DaisyDreamer, Fire-Tree, Jester, marshlander, wanderingwill

Quote Originally Posted by wandering gypsy View Post
    been said many a time, insulation, buying a factory made campervan in 90% of cases if not going to cut it in the winter,tis like using a summer weight duvet in a snowstorm.the walls on my truck are nearly 2" thick. [ wood insulation wood ] and thicker insulation in roof, a double wood floor and a woodburner, windows are done with cling film + curtains and a thick door curtain, yes there are air vents and i do not get condensation.as campers go tis fairly large 20ft x 8ft x 8ft but i live in it not just sleep
    Do you mind if I ask what van you have?

Quote Originally Posted by TYROS720 View Post
    Do you mind if I ask what van you have?
    He lives in this beaut'

Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Bargegirl

Quote Originally Posted by wurzel View Post
    He lives in this beaut'

Oh man I want one, I need my c license first
    The following users think this post is groovy: Spanishpeach, treestump, wanderingwill

C1 should be good enough. You can do that test in a heavy van.

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYROS720 View Post
    Oh man I want one, I need my c license first
    That's one beast. Sounds very toasty in there x

thanks wurzel, i,m crap at putting pics up, will try to put new pics up of the restyled interior soon, completely remaking it so no space is wasted. she is known as the GREY GOOSE
    The following users think this post is groovy: AuNatural, Harvestmoon, treestump, wurzel

This a 7.5 ton Renault with a 18foot box?

Turning On
    Couple of piccys of my Conversion. Not my home, but a weekend get away! Insides nowhere near done, but serves me well

2014-12-20 13.40.03 (808 x 1077).jpg

2014-12-20 13.40.18 (808 x 1077).jpg

Hope that worked

a 7.5t renault with a 20ft box and a 4.1, 6 pot engine, tis excellent on fuel, got just over 30mpg on a mixed run, the coast road from cornwall to kent

a 7.5t renault with a 20ft box and a 4.1, 6 pot engine, tis excellent on fuel, got just over 30mpg on a mixed run, the coast road from cornwall to kent
    that's pretty good. better than my merc.
    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

30 m/p/g!
    I'm green with envy, I'm lucky to get 20 from my 709 Merc.

There are some pictures of ours over in this thread http://www.ukhippy.com/stuff/showthr...Home?highlight= nothing has changed much since then except I've now changed the diesel heater from the Eberspacher D5 which was playing up to a nice new Mikuni MY30

Nice.. Same size as mine. My 815 has a 4.25l engine, returns similar fuel economy to yours..

My camper soon to be home once I've sorted it out.

The following users think this post is groovy: BeyondTheVan, Harvestmoon, nicklincs, treestump

Heavenly Creature
    image.jpg

Just need a wee bit o tlc then were off, me n pups comming to see you.
    well the ones on here thats going to tell us where to meet you anyways.
    the rest i mite meet at gatherings, if were about.

edit; after a quick glance at the above posts, it done 35mpg on the way home. N i was away to scrap it because its fucked. Its away to the mechanical type person in a few weeks to see if its worth sorting!
    its got a good chassis so should be ok, but i think engine is fucked. Mite only be the turbo!
    sonner its sorted the sooner i get on the road, caravans storage is up at end of march so if its going by then, then its me dog luton n caravan living in a layby till we get converted. Then its down to see uncle ju ju for a trade in on wood burners since he likes mine soooooooo much. Lol

is it really wrong to burn whats left of the caravan if i cant afford to get rid of the rest?
    Last edited by pyke13; 04-01--2015 at 03:00 AM.
    The following users think this post is groovy: solo1

Bash the bits of caravan to pieces. Wood, Insulation and plastics/fibreglass can go to local household recycling centre. Windows and sky lights can be sold. When you have nothing but aluminium and the chassis left fold up the aluminium and tow the whole thing to the nearest scrapyard. Weigh in aluminium and chassis seperatly.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Harvestmoon, oddballdave

Quote Originally Posted by ma bungo View Post
    Have had Benders,Tipis, Trucks and Trailers over the years ,lived in this Astral Lavengro for 14 years, paid 300 for it and sold it for same. Best money I ever spent

Attachment 20742

Live on a small holding now
    Did you have your own bit of land to put this on and live in? I know a guy staying on a farm in his hymer and has use of iso box house too, but its hidden away on a fishery so he can get away with it. Id love to do this but he said to me all it takes is one muppet to have a problem with it then you got ll sorts of problems.

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darrrren View Post
    Did you have your own bit of land to put this on and live in? I know a guy staying on a farm in his hymer and has use of iso box house too, but its hidden away on a fishery so he can get away with it. Id love to do this but he said to me all it takes is one muppet to have a problem with it then you got ll sorts of problems.
    No , I didn't have my own land . I lived on new age traveller sites , gypsy sites,farms or places I had squatted most of the time.In 20 years I never really had any problems except for bailifs , police , and had a petrol bomb thrown at me once (but in fairness I had thrown a brick at their car for repeatedly driving too fast down our track with children around ).

I stopped living on the road 14 years ago , as it is too difficult these days to do it in the way I did with all the new laws they bought out .
    The following users think this post is groovy: Spanishpeach

Not Quite a Noobie
    Home is where you bang the pins in:

Lovely pic :-)