Thread: New grandchild

New grandchild

I just want to celebrate the birth of my gorgeous granddaughter and praise my daughter for standing firm in her beliefs ... My daughter has strong beliefs in a non intrusive method of childbirth and stayed strong throughout with no drugs even to deliver the afterbirth. She insisted on vitamin K given orally ... Both requests raised eyebrows. She is only using water to cleanse baby's skin which one midwife actually praised! Please hold my daughter and granddaughter in your thoughts as she will face the immunisation saga soon
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    / And I do realise that birth is a fickle business and she was very lucky to have managed this... No disrespect to anyone xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Ecobob, Poppyseed, wurzel

Congratulations to you all, tis a great feeling isn't it!
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.

Tis wonderful !

Congrats to you both.having became a nana to 2 new daughters of daughters in the last 3 months,tis very special.well done for sticking to your guns,to your daughter x

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar
    Fantastic news . Grandchildren open a new whole dimension to your life , I became a Grandparent just over 2 years ago , and my youngest daughter was due to give birth on the 17th,but it looks like she could be holding out till Xmas day !!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: Harvestmoon

Congratulations! And well done to her for standing firm in what she wanted, it can be really hard to do things that aren't 'the norm' especially when you've just had a baby. I'm quite surprised that only one midwife congratulated her on just using water, I had my first baby in hospital and was told by all of the midwives not to wash the baby straight away and if I did to only use water. It just shows that it depends on who's on shift at that particular time.
    When it comes to immunisation I'd suggest that she has as much information to hand as possible and if the pressure gets too much to say that she's not ruling it out completely, but she will think about it again in another 6 months, that's helped me when I've felt pressurised. It's a really emotive topic and people will say all kinds of things so I've learnt not to try and change people's opinions, just to smile and say I'll think about it.
    All the best for your daughter and granddaughter, lovely news just before Christmas but in a time when there seems to be so much sad news around.

Congratulations and its a good thing people are taking back control over birthing.
    even a gypsy caravan is too much settling down.

Congratulations, an extra special present this time of year
    I'm succinct - not rude.