THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for a while & will not survive at the current donation rate! We currently have over 17000 members & if everyone donated we would never need to ask for money again. Of course, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position, but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford it please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Thread: Jonathan living seagull.

Sex
    Male

Jonathan living seagull.

Hi anybody read this little gem, I came across it couple of years ago, without doubt one of the most inspirational reads ive ever had.
    Live LIVELIFELOVE

Sex
    Male
    Not for a while. Have you read Illusions by the same author?

paul
    PⒶUL

Sex
    Female
    yes i read it some time ago, it's Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.
    a very good read.

Sex
    Male

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by aman
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Not for a while. Have you read Illusions by the same author?

paul
    I haven't but I think I prob will.
    Live LIVELIFELOVE

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by groove
    yes i read it some time ago, it's Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach.
    a very good read.
    your right livingston dont know why I put living, ta
    Live LIVELIFELOVE

We had to read it at School early 80s, still have a copy somewhere

Sex
    Female
    My pleasure

Afloat ... or adrift? marshlander's Avatar
    Sex
    Male
    Gosh, more than forty years since I last read that.

Sex
    Female
    It`s a lovely wee book

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    When we sold books, Jonathan Livingston Seagull was asked for more than any of Bach's other books. A true spiritual classic.

Sex
    Male
    A classic (although I think I did prefer Illusions)

Heres one of my favourite peices from the Illusions, read by Richard Bach. Genius.

Sex
    Male
    just bought this after long last and read it on the plane on the way to Turkey last weekend. Very good book, sometimes I have to re-read things a few timesto get the message as I can be a bit slow reading riddles, but what I understood, very good book indeed. Illusions is amazing aswell.

Sex
    Male
    Social darwinism at it's worst. A polemic masquerading as literature. The message seems to be, the weak deserve to perish and the strong deserve to flourish. Avoid the book, the film and the album by Neil Diamond, but then, that goes without saying.

Sex
    Male

Originally Posted by ayami
    Social darwinism at it's worst. A polemic masquerading as literature. The message seems to be, the weak deserve to perish and the strong deserve to flourish. Avoid the book, the film and the album by Neil Diamond, but then, that goes without saying.
    Sorry but dont agree, I thought it was inspiring ..
    Live LIVELIFELOVE

I read it many many moons ago and enjoyed it ... I'd like to read it again to see if i still think it's a good read

Heavenly Creature
    Sex
    Male
    The book is not about social Darwinism at all, it is about consciously evolving beyond what you are now, to become something different, and hopefully better.

And then finding to your joy that there are others like you, who are also at a similar stage of the journey. (A bit like finding this website, for many people).

Finally it is finding to your awe that there are others more advanced along the path than you, who have flown this path before you, and invite you to join them.
    The following users think this post is groovy: emmadilemma