THIS WEBSITE NEEDS YOU - SERIOUSLY!
This website has been in arrears for some time & will not survive unless donations remain consistent! We currently have over 17500 members & if everyone contributed we would never need to ask for money again. However, we appreciate not all of you are in the same financial position but we regularly run at a loss, so if you can afford to, please consider donating. The progress bar is arbitary & resets every month & there is a thread on running costs here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The mature hippy

Darn you male patterened baldness, if it weren't for you, i'd have dreads . Still got a ponytail though
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

I'm slightly over 21 still wear whatever I want just done load of dyeing x

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by patchypete
    Darn you male patterened baldness, if it weren't for you, i'd have dreads . Still got a ponytail though
    I would not admit to that,as you know what they say you find under a pony's tail
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Danann, patchypete

I am 56 years old and I wear what certain people would call "hippie" clothes but to me they are just comfortable. I also like colours and patterns which I mix freely. I think the three most important things are: Do your clothes reflect who you are as a person? /Are you able to move around in complete comfort?/ Can you express "yourself" freely in everything you do including what you wear? Sometimes I get looks from people but I am not into status/designer clothes like many folks from my area. Explore your creativity and have fun...
    The following users think this post is groovy: Autumnbelle, ayr vanabond, Danann, FriedOnion, Levey, Sharon

Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Danann, Sharon

I may be older now, but I refuse to be mature.
    Smile - It'll make them nervous.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Danann, FriedOnion, itinerant child, Purplemist

Originally Posted by ksx
    Thanks all, yes think I'm just thinking when u look at things?? Can I really still pull that off???
    now a few recent photos of you are needed. We can only judge by what we see I'm afraid. The only place for my fashion sense, is by a fire or in a field.

Noobie
    Hi KSX,
    I turned 40 last year and I've never been more comfortable with myself and my life
    There is a greatness that comes with years and I still feel the same as I did years ago, get mistaken for being way younger than I am, ok can't fit into most of the clothes from back then, but wouldn't want too, oh and I really don't stress about how I look etc anymore. It's a good way to be. I treated myself to getting dreads started too, I've wanted them all my life and now I just think f### it, my body, if people are going to judge me, then they're not worth knowing, but do you know what, the world isn't that bad a place as I've not had one negative reaction and in fact have met loads of really interesting people because of them - woo hoo, bring on my 50's!
    The following users think this post is groovy: barn owl, Colin M, Danann, FriedOnion, itinerant child, Levey, marshlander, PDCambs

Tuning In
    I'm 60, I still have my hair long (and white) and I still live in tee shirts and colourful baggy pants.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, barn owl, beadyjean, Colin M, Danann, Sharon

Well I Am 52 Years Young haha My Grown Kids Would Say I Am I Have "Peter Pan Syndrome" Meaning I Have Never Grown Up haha...As I Am Always Giggling And Laughing And Just Like My Spirit I Dress In What Makes Me Feel Happy And Good ..And That Normally Means Light And Bright And Yes..To My Grown Kids Horror I Wear Flowers In My Hair And Often Wear 2 Long Braids With Pretty Crstals And Beads Entwined Within Them...As Said I Dress And Wear What Makes Me Feel Happy And Nothing To Do With My Age ...As "Age Is Just A Number And Does Not Define Who And What We Are And Feel" Well That Is What I Say And Live By And My Excuse hahaha
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, ollieollie, patchypete, Purplemist

Oops Forgot To Say Too...My Grown Kids And Friends And Even Strangers Seem To Put Me In Some Kind Of Hippie Name Trending Of "FLOWER CHILD/PEACE SIGNS BlahBlah Category?? As It Seems People Tend To Think "My Style..Long Hair..Flowers/Beads/Silk Bright Bandana's ..Bright Clothes Beads/Bracelets.Etc Etc AND "NO DREADS" Is "THAT TYPE OF HIPPIE "?? IN THEIR MINDS Because Of My "HIPPIE CLOTHES" Hahaha...! Hmmm?? There Are "HIPPIE TYPES" Now It Seems?? So Silly I Can Only Giggle At That Thought! Next It Will Be "Free Love And Dancing Naked Under The Moon!! YEP..No Clothes Then!! Hahaha
    The following users think this post is groovy: Purplemist

Turning On
    I thought I was too old to join this forum until I saw a few of your ages. Now I feel ok
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, beadyjean, Colin M, Danann, dustydave, marshlander, Sharon

Mature? Mmm... not sure I want to be
    I was described as looking like a hippie musician surfer, the latter two of which I definitely am not
    and the former... well it means different things to different people
    I have dreads which I am currently combing out although I'm intending to dread my hair again very soon and my hair is usually purple/violet. I wear whatever I feel comfortable in... what's this 'fashion' stuff all about anyway? I intended to grow old young gracefully disgracefully!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, beadyjean, Colin M, Danann

Hahahahahaha you sound sooo fun and super cool
    ) your beautiful colour hair and dreads sound so amazingggg !! And i bet you look super cool and beautiful too
    ))
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Purplemist

Originally Posted by Subgenre
    Since I've turned 25 and reasonably hairy I only wear PVC Suspenders and a sock. On bank holidays I add a gas mask and some Crocs.
    Photos plz
    Dont save it fer a special occasion --- being alive IS the special occasion !
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann, marshlander, Purplemist

Tuning In
    I'm 60 and if anyone doesn't like the way I dress that's their problem, not mine. Don't think yourself old.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Colin M, Danann, marshlander, Petew, Purplemist

Yep ..Just go with the Flo
    src="
    border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />)
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: Purplemist

Start wearing clothes begins at forty???
    YOUNG FREE N PSYCHOTIC

Originally Posted by piginthemiddle
    I'm 60, I still have my hair long (and white) and I still live in tee shirts and colourful baggy pants.
    Almost 67 and also have long hair (often adorned with beads and feathers) , also mostly wear T-shirts and harem pants. If anyone doesn't like/approve.... TOUGH!!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Danann, marshlander, patchypete, Purplemist, Sharon

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    just had a telling off from my grandson about my attire and my lifestyle,crocs,jogging bottoms, T/shirt and leather waistcoat all black,but with half a purple beard and i live in a truck, when i grow up i want to be a train driver
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, beadyjean, Colin M, Danann, marshlander, patchypete, Rainbomama, wurzel

Originally Posted by wandering gypsy
    just had a telling off from my grandson about my attire and my lifestyle,crocs,jogging bottoms, T/shirt and leather waistcoat all black,but with half a purple beard and i live in a truck, when i grow up i want to be a train driver
    You intending to grow up then Harry? I'm not bothering with that!
    Smile - It'll make them nervous.
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, Danann, Purplemist, wurzel

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Colin M
    You intending to grow up then Harry? I'm not bothering with that!
    Not even if you get to drive a train?

exiled cornishman wandering gypsy's Avatar
    aye colin tis on my to do list,then again there are lots of other more important things on my list first
    The following users think this post is groovy: Colin M, Danann

A ps to my original post on pg1,a year older...add red dreads...happier with my image than iv ever been...thanks to support and acceptance from those that matter!xx
    The following users think this post is groovy: ayr vanabond, beadyjean, Danann, patchypete