Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The mature hippy

I wear what I want and what I feel comfortable in.I've never been one to flaunt my body,tend to cover up more than anything.I've been buying clothes from Joe Browns of late,abit expensive but if you hit the website when they have a sale,you can buy some bargains.

Joe Browns do have some lovely stuff, but I can't part with that sort of money over clothes - even in the sales! It hurts! lol

ebays pretty good for second hand stuff.I got some good embroidered jackets from Indigo moon and a lot of retro stuff,always check its from a smoke free home and the returns policy as i bought a lovely jacket that stank.It had been sprayed with fabric perfumed spray to mask the smell of fags.Washing never removed it at all.It cost a lot to return it signed for so I resold it locally to someone very cheap who didnt mind the pong.Charity shops are not so good in last few years ,prices have gone up and people are grabbing the good stuff to resell on line maybe.I find as i have got ever older im more into comfort.Good boots,top of the list.If your getting wood in or if your motoring wild lanes,you need good boots,warm stuff.Never know when youll need to push the motor or leap over a hedge....well wiggle through it then.
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

these days fashion has given way to praticality, as i seem tto spend most of the daylight hours outside, usually in the woodland, bib&brace and good boots are the order of the day, and there even perfect for dinning out, saves the need for a bib...lol..
    enjoying life in the "slow"lane

I care less and less these days about if stuff "goes" together, etc. I just wear what I like, and what's comfortable.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Okifolki
    Joe Browns do have some lovely stuff, but I can't part with that sort of money over clothes - even in the sales! It hurts! lol
    I wonder....Do they have GOOD WILL stores in Europe? I buy a lot of clothes there. It's a great place to find stuff that's out of style.

Yeah, but there is another thread on here discussing their pricing strategies these days
    Because you are alive, everything is posible - Thich Nhat Hanh
    The following users think this post is groovy: gophangover

How do teenager dress??? With no disrespect intended alot of them are dictated as what to wear to the extent of slaves to fashion. I suppose a few of use have been there , up until the time the fashion world dictates that we wear something so ridiculous that we actually wake up and say NO. One of the latest trend for teenagers are ripped jeans ((actually been a trend for a few years)). Well back in the day when i was a young spotty Punk Rocker i use to have to rip my own jeans and that would only be if my parents would let me.. Would I want to wear what teenagers wear ???

I'm nearly 40, and was hoping I was still young!!

The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Originally Posted by freddie
    How do teenager dress??? With no disrespect intended alot of them are dictated as what to wear to the extent of slaves to fashion. I suppose a few of use have been there , up until the time the fashion world dictates that we wear something so ridiculous that we actually wake up and say NO. One of the latest trend for teenagers are ripped jeans ((actually been a trend for a few years)). Well back in the day when i was a young spotty Punk Rocker i use to have to rip my own jeans and that would only be if my parents would let me.. Would I want to wear what teenagers wear ???
    You needed to ask permission???

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    I like casual and colourful,well at least within the range of colours I prefer. Black is very much the mode "fashion" in france,yet the only thing that I wear in black (or grey or white) is socks.

I like loose clothing for comfort and to have my favourite colours around me to help boost my already O.T.T levels of happiness. I think jeans were invented to remind blokes that they have got a peeeeeeeenus. As if some need reminding !!!!

Extra large colourful tibetan trousers for me with extra large t-shirts,all though when I am on the road between jobs I will put on some smart looking elasticated waist trousers and a rugby shirt as this means that the macho and judgemental police tend to give me more respect and less hassle.
    I know that some would say,just be yourself and I am,by being stress free
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: Danann

Originally Posted by itinerant child
    I like casual and colourful,well at least within the range of colours I prefer. Black is very much the mode "fashion" in france,yet the only thing that I wear in black (or grey or white) is socks.

I like loose clothing for comfort and to have my favourite colours around me to help boost my already O.T.T levels of happiness. I think jeans were invented to remind blokes that they have got a peeeeeeeenus. As if some need reminding !!!!

Extra large colourful tibetan trousers for me with extra large t-shirts,all though when I am on the road between jobs I will put on some smart looking elasticated waist trousers and a rugby shirt as this means that the macho and judgemental police tend to give me more respect and less hassle.
    I know that some would say,just be yourself and I am,by being stress free
    Wo
    You Be Sounding Soooo Super Fabby Cool Itinerant child And I Be Soooo Lovingzzz The Sounds Of Your Hippy Fabby Self
    ))

I Lovezzz Tibetan Clothings ...And Have Friends Who Be Real Lifes Tibetans Not Copy Clone Thingys . And So I Be Wearing Lots Of Them Too
    )

And I Soooooo Soooo Be Lovinfzz Their Real Tibetan Bangles Beads Anklets Etc Etc So I Bounce Boubce Along With Always Teenie Tiny Bells A Jingle Jangles Too hehehehe As Most Be If Not All Their Pretty Body Decorations Have Cutie Cute Teenie Tiny Bells On With Cute Elephants Tooo ....
    Yep You Hear Me tiny Jingly Jangles First And See Teenie Sparkles Bouncing Along First Too
    Before You See The Colourfuls Explosion Real Life Bounce Bouncing Giggling Danann Meez hahahaha....hehehehe..
    ))
    Last edited by Danann; 21-04--2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Form From The Void & Mists
    The following users think this post is groovy: itinerant child

Turning On
    LOL like it.

It Be Seeming To Me That Over The Last 1 to 2 Years Anything Especially Be "Hippy Clothes/BoHo" Has And Is Triples Of Prices .As It Seems To Be All The Latests Craving Clothes Style"

I Giggle To Myself As For Years And Years My Kids Who Be Big Grown Now...Would Be Saying .."Ohhh Mum...You Cannot Wear That....I Am Not Going Out With You Wearing That !! Hahahaha.. Etc Etc Etc Neighbours . Friends Etc Etc Would Eyes Pop Outta There Be Heads At My Colourful Explosions Of Colours..Patterns And Flower Power Hippy Style Clothes And Bright Shoes Sandals Barefoot Sandals Classic Go Go Boots *Not Hooker Type" hahahaha...Etc Etc ...and I Would Always Be Giggling Just Simply Say "I Wear What I Want Even Flowers And Beads And Feathers In My Hair Too hahaha And Its Real Hippy Fabby Cool" hahaha...They Would Just Be Eeeek They Could Never Wear That !!!!

But Yet Now .."THEY ALL BE WEARING IT!!! hahaha And Paying Cray Cray Prices For It Too !!! As Its The LATEST FASHION CRAZE" hahahaha.

I Dont Be Paying Cray Cray Prices I Buy Cheap Then HIPPY IT UP !!! ...And Design/Make My Owns...Too And Know Peeps Who Make Cool Hippy Threads To Wear Too hahahaha..
    Form From The Void & Mists

Turning On
    Im nearly 50 (the age in my profile is wrong and I can't change it), Im always getting compliments on my stretched earlobes and piercings, long grey hair, and witty conspiracy t shirts! I have wide feet and bunions so the only thing I can wear on my feet is super wide footwear, and for many years even DM's are too tight so I live in converse high tops. Don't care what age I get to I will refuse to wear granny shoes!! LOL. They are SO hideous... My high hops are purple leopard print, purple, or red.

Does prove a big problem if I get asked out to somewhere really nice though...
    I do love to glam up occasionally and can't get the footwear to go with it. I love the look on people's faces when I glam up... that 'slapped across the face with a wet fish' kind of look..

My Mum is very glam, at 70 she lives in red lippy, red nails, heels, etc. She has a boyfriend younger than my ex! LOL

Having said that, I love my eyemake up, I like the pop it gives me against the grey hair. And red lippy sometimes too.