Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The mature hippy

Chilling Out

The mature hippy

Oh god, how did I get to nearly 40 without realising and still thinking I look and can dress like a teenager :/! Help .. Any others of you had that shock and wanna share how you gracefully moved into the next dimension of your life , I'm sure there are many that have moved Ungracefully too and that's cool but ya know a girl ( sorry woman) gotta keep her wits about her
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't help you there, Mrs....I'm a Jeans and T shirt kinda guy.......
    ​Humph!

hmmmm
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    contradiction in terms methinks
    The following users think this post is groovy: NaughtyPirate

I"ll have to tell Jagger to stop taking the piss .
    Does anything in life realy matter as long as the Kettles still working .

the devil's avocado Moderator Paul's Avatar
    Do you really think you hit 40 and have to start wearing beige cardigans, or trousers with elasticated waistbands?

I live my life like a recently expelled (but slightly grumpy) teenager
    The following users think this post is groovy: aman, Angio, ayr vanabond, Chazz, marshlander, NaughtyPirate, Paranoid Eyes, rainbow_hermit, Rusty Surfer, solo1, treestump

Originally Posted by Paul
    Do you really think you hit 40 and have to start wearing beige cardigans, or trousers with elasticated waistbands?

I live my life like a recently expelled (but slightly grumpy) teenager
    Mind you unfortunately some do have to wear elasticated waistbands because they have no waist to hold anything up ,and that can be long before they hit 40 , , about 25 in my neck of the woods ,

Thats why travel is always a good thing .

I dress just the same just slower

Smile Dressed to please - (myself)

Be one Male or be Female, it is all the same,
    When one is a Hippie, they will always remain,
    The looks and persona, of the things which one does,
    Is regardless of age, filled with Joy, Peace and Love
    "And, in the end, the Love we take, - is equal to the Love, we make"
    The following users think this post is groovy: Andy T, Angio, AuNatural, ayr vanabond, JonnyBrush, Levey, Okifolki

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Growing up is overrated.

What kinds of things do you wear Ksx?
    The following users think this post is groovy: marshlander

Originally Posted by Jester
    I dress just the same just slower
    Yea mean like when you buy a pair of Trendy Pants , by the time youve put them on theyve gone out of fashion .

I'm 43 with pink dreads and wear hippy, goth and pixie clothes, or a mixture

I do think twice about some clothes nowadays that I would have just worn without thinking when I was younger, but that's more to do with some clothes that have more of a "young" feel to them rather than because of them being hippy/goth, etc.
    I try to just wear what I like, but make it my own style, so it doesn't date like fashion does, and hopefully it means I don't look like mutton dressed as lamb.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, FriedOnion, Sharon

Chilling Out
    Thanks all, yes think I'm just thinking when u look at things?? Can I really still pull that off???

Heavenly Creature itinerant child's Avatar
    Peter pan was the boy who decided never to grow up and he was damn right. What was it that tinkerbell says to him- Think a happy thought and you can fly

I think happy thoughts daily and am always flying.

The only way you can tell that I am in my forties is that my skin doesnt fit anymore !!!!!
    anything is possible,that my friends is a mathematical certainty ;-)
    The following users think this post is groovy: oddballdave

You just have to go with what you feel is you...if that means hippy and pixie clothes the do it.....nobody will judge you apart from you.
    ​Humph!
    The following users think this post is groovy: AuNatural, Uncle jhad

Iv got to the point where i think,sod em,as long as i think i look ok,why should they care,today,purple leggins,black an white spotty dress,black an green doc martens,oh and my rainbow jacket!that was for my grandsons 2nd birthday party with his posh nursery frinds,im 48! xxx
    The following users think this post is groovy: Autumnbelle, ayr vanabond, caz241, Sharon

Chilling Out
    Love you answers guys, I guess I'm not fitting with what I have anymore as the dress I wore at 30 ain't quite cutting it at 40! Maybe I need to go shopping

You go shopping, us blokes will wait in the pub........
    ​Humph!

40 mature hippie, nay. I'm a 60 year old grandad, but god forbid if I was thought of as 'mature' lol
    The following users think this post is groovy: Autumnbelle, ayr vanabond

Surely if your happy with the way you dress, that's all that counts
    The following users think this post is groovy: oldkeith, solo1

My youngest was messing about with some friends, when an older girl sneered at her and called her immature, she replied thanks I get it from my dad
    Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Angio, ayr vanabond, Colin M, FriedOnion, Jester, oddballdave, parrotandcrow, Rainbomama

heh heh...im saying nuthin...whers my hubby gone?

I have never given a hoot what others think about what I wear, I wear what I want and what is comfortable and I have passed my half century! I also refuse point blank to grow up
    I accept my responsabilities but see no need to be grown up, I still climb trees, walk barefoot and run around like a loon (only sometimes now I ache afterwards!!) The only time I even think about age is when I get the shock of my mother staring back at me in the mirror!!
    The following users think this post is groovy: caz241, Chazz, Sharon, Trev

Since I've turned 25 and reasonably hairy I only wear PVC Suspenders and a sock. On bank holidays I add a gas mask and some Crocs.
    The following users think this post is groovy: FriedOnion, HarleyDee, Knotty, Okifolki, ollieollie, zico

Walking back to happiness ma bungo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paul
    Whats wrong with that ! Give me comfort before style anyday