Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GAME OF THRONES STUFF ...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sharpe was a great series, plenty of action in a historically based theme & I quite fancied his Spanish girlfriend.

There is some discussion whether or not the books will get finished. I hope they do but it will be weird when the show overtakes the books, I can only assume that he has a roadmap designed that will be sufficient to write the rest with.
    Yeah. Apparently GRRM has told them how it plays out, and he works with them on the screenplay anyway, so it will be fairly true to his plan, despite the deviations that have already crept in.

I heard that he had about half of the next book done. It seems nearly impossible that he will finish them before the series finishes, but I hope he does so eventually.

Maybe they will do what Lost did, have half a season due to a writers strike. Or in GRRM's case, writers block. I just hope they don't do what lost did towards the end with so many different plot threads to tidy up they just glossed over them with a unsatisfactory ending.

Anyway, just watched S05 E09 online on Watch.TVseries.net, series is still awesome and with events on a massive scale for a TV show.
    The following users think this post is groovy: Sir Real

............Oh so that's where it is ...

It is better to travel well than to arrive............Buddha

Game of Thrones - Episode Cover Pictures from Season 1 to Season 5 Part one

S01E01

S01E02

S01E03

S01E04

S01E05

S01E06

S01E07

S01E08

S01E09

S01E10

S02E01

S02E02

S02E03

S02E04

S02E05

S02E06

S02E07

S02E08

S02E09

S02E10

S03E01
    H UN DR F D N(DRTHMENSlaughtered like Sheep,Game of Thrones,fandoms,episode,cover" title="Game of Thrones,fandoms,episode,cover" style="list-style: none outside none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; vertical-align: top; height: auto !important;">

S03E02

S03E03

S03E04

S03E05
    rth?,Game of Thrones,fandoms,episode,cover" title="Game of Thrones,fandoms,episode,cover" style="list-style: none outside none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; max-width: 100%; vertical-align: top; height: auto !important;">

S03E06

S03E07

S03E08

Episode Cover Pictures from Season 1 to Season 5 Part two
    S03E09

S03E10

S04E01

S04E02

S04E03

S04E04

S04E05

S04E06

S04E07

S04E08

S04E09

S04E10

S05E01

S05E02

S05E03

S05E04

S05E05

S05E06

S05E07

S05E08

S05E09

S05E10

A Real Live Dead One Innocentexile's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boris the Bold
    Got box set of Game of thrones and working way through, reading first book which works well filling in the detail etc, i disagree LV its the best series since BREAKING BAD not Sharpe but then i fancy Walts wife Scarlet so im biased !
    You mean Skyler White! I liked it when Saul says to Walt ''she has just the right amount of dirty'' haha!

Ah found it! Moderator FriedOnion's Avatar
    Is he or isn't he?

Or is he?

What's it to be?
    (don't forget the [SPOILER ] tags to not give anything away.

Originally Posted by FriedOnion
    Is he or isn't he?

Or is he?

What's it to be?
    (don't forget the [SPOILER ] tags to not give anything away.
    My guess is not dead, as he has been seen staying at the hotel they use with the actor who plays The Hound. So either they are doing flashbacks, unlikely given the series does not use flashbacks as a narrative tool, or both are still alive, we saw neither actually die and we all know how much GoT love graphic deaths scenes.

There are several things to imply that he isn't out of the series, such as not cutting his hair (though he may like it how it is) but I wonder if his role will change. I really hope he doesn't return as his twin, separated at birth.
    I wondered whether he would come back as a white walker, that might shake things up a bit. Apparently GRRM has the rest of the series planned out, just not written.

It is so sad the way that power corrupts some people ;

Jesus is not your friend Fire-Tree's Avatar
    I had no idea the actors were in all those other shows! But then realistically unless they look the same in each programme I wouldn't notice!

Looking forward to the next season!
    Blog: Experiencing England in a car with no money

It pains me to say it but is starting to bore me a bit. I`ve just got the last episode of season 5 to watch which am sure will be good, but i`ve found myself willing many of the episodes to end this season

I did get excited though when i saw the sand dunes that i used to drink on back home, in one of the earlier episodes

You're right, some of the episodes were so annoying. Had such high hopes for Aria's story. Such a dissappointment. Bloodly cockles and clams.

But the walkers & dead attacking the wildlings & the dragon rescuing Denaerys were cool.
    The following users think this post is groovy: emmadilemma

Yes, the Aria story arc has gone to shit, I just don't get that whole temple thing for the god with no face. But I have a feeling a Aria using what she has learned there may be something special later, but I think they will kill her off this season. too many strong women who have armies at their command story arcs.

John Snow? who knows. but not dead. then a dead John Snow could command the white walkers.

Denaerys? well, she looks like she has gone back to her roots which looks great. and fecking dragons.

Supposedly the new series will have way more shocks and surprises than any other season.

Originally Posted by Fire-Tree
    Bloodly cockles and clams.
    Heh i know that did my head in

Am definitely gonna watch the next season....the moments of brilliance make the rest worthwhile..

Oh yeah the wildlings part was awesome! And blonde queen will be PISSED when her feet recover.
    I want to see how Dragon Bitch gets out of that one. Can't be bothered to Google to spellings. Sadly I think Sansa made the jump. Someone needs to kill the Bolton boy.

Why can't John Snow be dead? Martins not in the habbit of rescuing people, although I've watched a YouTube video that claims he is 'The One' as he has bloodline from Ice & Fire.

Someone needs to kill the Bolton boy
    I love his character he`s proper bad. Kinda like Joffrey but less annoying..

Originally Posted by emmadilemma
    I love his character he`s proper bad. Kinda like Joffrey but less annoying..
    Skin him alive.

The following users think this post is groovy: emmadilemma

I'm ok with all the strong women manipulating men. I hope they don't kill off Aria, an assassin in the mix would make things fun. It has been dull so far but think of all the wax on wax off crap we had to go through in many movies before the hero gets interesting.

Why can't John Snow be dead? Martins not in the habbit of rescuing people, although I've watched a YouTube video that claims he is 'The One' as he has bloodline from Ice & Fire.
    There is a bit in the book that implies this. When at the wall Melisandre is seeking a vision of the future for the Stannis, who she believes is the chosen one, but she keeps seeing visions of Jon Snow. I read this as meaning that Jon has a significant part in the plot.

The following users think this post is groovy: Fire-Tree

Just finished the books....never seen the TV thingy.....hope he finishes the next book soon.
    ​Humph!

Originally Posted by Andy T
    Just finished the books....never seen the TV thingy.....hope he finishes the next book soon.
    From what I have heard the two are very different. I refuse to read the books untill the TV series is over, as at the moment one will spoil the other.

And of course he is likely to die of old age before he finishes all the books anyway, they are getting written slower and slower.

I think he has an overall story arch in his mind and always has had. If he can write that down then he will have something to guide him or others. It would be a real shame if they weren't finished.

I have read a few books in the past that showed great promise but which didn't get sequels. I now don't read any until I know the series is complete.